This is more of a minor thing and maybe widely known but: you can stack Shattered Vengeance's Shards of Woedica curse on yourself or your companions, and it doesn't go away. Why would you want to increase damage received by +25% will you ask me? Well, if you like to use Deltro's Cage Helm lash shenanigans. This can stack with Assassin +15% dmg received, Helwalker +50% dmg received, The Red Hand's +40% dmg received...

Potential applications:

Solo Strand of Favor abuse runs, with Rakhan Field Boots and Lord Darryn/Essence Interrupter to get a better permanent lash.

More legit use in a party, already well known: get a Helwalker/Streetfighter wearing Deltro's Helm, the stuff above that will incur +115% dmg received. At the start of the encounter: give him BDD+SoT, Crit him with Chain Lightning... and unleash this horrible one-shotting beast unto the enemy (he can attack with ranged weaponry or Instruments of Pain). For example he can dash to an optimal spot to reach all enemies with AoE shots, apply Gouging Strike that will proc Powder Burns+Blinding Smoke with Hand Mortar, now he's On the Edge and surviving enemies are Sneak/Deathblow enabled... then switch to Fire in the Hole and boom, Thunderous Report. End of encounter.

Add +% beneficial effect duration items/food for optimal use.

Note that you can probably also increase dmg recived on your toon with the Pally and Ranger +% dmg inflicted abilities if you Confuse them but that becomes very complicated to pull off :).

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

I should add to this that you can add % DMG received by willingly getting hit by a Sigil of Pain. Max Curse of Pain Stack is +25%; so you can reach

+165% damage received

on a Helwalker/Assassin with the Pain curse, Shard of Woedica Curse, High Harbinger Robe, Red Hand, max Wounds and Assassin passive. Now with Barring Death Door, Deltro's Cage and Pain Link it might lead to interesting results? Might test later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Pain Link doesnt deserve your purpose since the 30% damages is deal as raw.

Yes indeed. :) My point here is that it would be cast on a toon that has a lot of increased damage taken, so that enemies kill themselves hitting it [very very rougly: 30% x (incoming damage +165% +other applicable additive damage modifiers) or something like that].

Not to fuel Deltro's Helm. Does that make sense? Probably not very efficient anyway except with BDD or Ring of Reset shenanigans...

Sorry I mixed up with Recall of agony for Pain link, so it is good! I try something like that one time, maybe after reading your topic few month ago (I think), and I use on top Wahai Poraga (Counterattack). I first place I feld disapointed because the damage from that is not logged, but that secretely work and stack with pain link. I didnt reach a +165 or +180% multiplier but that was efficient : you seems to be an easy target for ennemies and all want to hit you, and finally take damages from themself! I didnt continued in this way because he needed a BDD priest all the time.

• Like 1