Hey Guys,

since i haven't touched Deadfire since late 2019 and with 2 weeks auf holidays coming up for me, i decided to tackle another playthrough.

To try something new, i decided trying to include Fassina and Konstanten for the Romance and the DLC Dialogue. I also will take Pallegina with me for the VTC Storyline.

So the Base of my Party is:

Fassina (Sorcerer)

Konstanten (Howler, Willbreaker Debuff Build)

Pallegina (Herald or Crusader, Tuono build still playable?)

Now for the last slot and my main.

I know i will take a Priest (either Vatnir or my MC), but i'm rather clueless what to take for the last slot.

Since Fassina doesn't has access to Illusion Spells, how much of a problem are the missing Illusion CC Spells?

I thought about taking Eder as a Swashbuckler and my MC as a Priest or Ydwin (Rangebuild) and then Pallegina as a Maintank and not the Tuono Build.

But i'm unsure if Ydwin, Fassina and Konstanten with a Morningstarbuild isn't to squishy with only Pallegina as a Dmg Sponge, especially on POTD updscaled....so i'm fresh out of ideas.

Does someone maybe has another idea, something i don't see, especially with 5.0 in mind? I'm also not deadset on Konstanten or my MC build, so if someone has a suggestion which doesn't work with Konstanten in the party, i will remove him.

Relevant mods i play with: Deadfire unnerfed / Community Patch / Rebalance Mod / Spoils of Caed Nua / PoE Items for Deadfire / Party Item Upgrade / Soulbound Item Upgrade

Just thinking about how to get a strong party IMHO without changing your roster:

With Pallegina as a Herald and Konstanten as a Howler, they can summon and passively heal a lot, the 2 of which combined can probably hold up your frontline nicely while they do other things: debuff fortitude, cast invocations, (Pallegina could still open with Blunder/Mortar/Thunderous Report if you like and be equipped to milk disengagement-miss ripostes with e.g. Nomad Brigandine and WoTEP). If you use summons she might not be targeted a lot, which defeats a bit the purpose of the riposte trick. Or go sword and broad, or 2 weapons for FoD.

Fassina as a late-game Sorcerer can rain down Pulsing AoEs, DoT AoEs + Infestation of Maggots/Combusting Wounds which can be great - I would be careful about friendly fire though because things can go sideways quickly when you start amassing Pulsing spells on the battlefield. Being a Conjurer sucks quite a bit... not having access to things like Ringrym's Enervating Terror... and all Evocation spells (!) is sad, but you can live without it. You could also make her a SC Conjurer so at high level she can cast the Blackbow + a Phantom Duplicate of herself - quite powerful. Before her you can pick Aloth and enjoy essentially the same party comp.

For the last spots you have lots of options; here is one that could add a lot of power:

Your Main Char can be MC or SC Priest of whatever maybe Berath would be nice (preferably not Magran for more DMG flex). If you'd like multi could be Helwalker for example. But SC could be real nice too because...

Then Ydwin could be Ranged Cipher or Mindstalker. Too bad she cannot be Ascendant but anyway, she can cast Ancestor's Memory on your Priest who then can cast Salvation of Time, and then just keep casting a lot of great stuff like Barring Death Door + SoT and if your Priest is SC, they could spam things like Symbol of Berath or add the Berath Incarnates to the fight for extra bodies.

Caution: I don't know if things would change with many of the mods you use... also, this party will not be an AI autowin, hands-off party, you will need to actively play it I think. Not in every single trash fight, but in many fights you'll have to be careful about actions and placement!

9 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Just thinking about how to get a strong party IMHO without changing your roster:

With Pallegina as a Herald and Konstanten as a Howler, they can summon and passively heal a lot, the 2 of which combined can probably hold up your frontline nicely while they do other things: debuff fortitude, cast invocations, (Pallegina could still open with Blunder/Mortar/Thunderous Report if you like and be equipped to milk disengagement-miss ripostes with e.g. Nomad Brigandine and WoTEP). If you use summons she might not be targeted a lot, which defeats a bit the purpose of the riposte trick. Or go sword and broad, or 2 weapons for FoD.

Fassina as a late-game Sorcerer can rain down Pulsing AoEs, DoT AoEs + Infestation of Maggots/Combusting Wounds which can be great - I would be careful about friendly fire though because things can go sideways quickly when you start amassing Pulsing spells on the battlefield. Being a Conjurer sucks quite a bit... not having access to things like Ringrym's Enervating Terror... and all Evocation spells (!) is sad, but you can live without it. You could also make her a SC Conjurer so at high level she can cast the Blackbow + a Phantom Duplicate of herself - quite powerful. Before her you can pick Aloth and enjoy essentially the same party comp.

For the last spots you have lots of options; here is one that could add a lot of power:

Your Main Char can be MC or SC Priest of whatever maybe Berath would be nice (preferably not Magran for more DMG flex). If you'd like multi could be Helwalker for example. But SC could be real nice too because...

Then Ydwin could be Ranged Cipher or Mindstalker. Too bad she cannot be Ascendant but anyway, she can cast Ancestor's Memory on your Priest who then can cast Salvation of Time, and then just keep casting a lot of great stuff like Barring Death Door + SoT and if your Priest is SC, they could spam things like Symbol of Berath or add the Berath Incarnates to the fight for extra bodies.

Caution: I don't know if things would change with many of the mods you use... also, this party will not be an AI autowin, hands-off party, you will need to actively play it I think. Not in every single trash fight, but in many fights you'll have to be careful about actions and placement!

I honestly forgot about all the Summons Chanters have access to.  With all the Summons it should be no problem to hold the frontline. I will try that.

I like the idea with Ydwin, would be definitely something new.

I will try the Grp with my MC as a SC Berath Priest and look how it works.

I have checked the Patch Notes of the Mods. So far all i found would benefit the Grp, so there should be no problem there

• Like 1