I am dual wielding . One slot is gladiator sword + tuotillo palm, another is Myr Fortune + Rannigs Wrath. I still have resounding call,  Tarns Respite, Hand Mortar and Watcher Blade, now I am about to pick Duskfall.

I abandoned Tornent’s Reach, I barely used it. One of my big issues is being to stack wounds as FF, I always use them to keep using Thunderous Blows…

In my experience FF monks can be wound starved early on, but not later. To maximize wounds, get your RES as high as possible and re-use the FF attack as soon as the curse expired. Also fire up clarity of agony as soon as you have the curse, and refresh it as soon as it expires. Although it costs two wounds, it's worth it. First, you'll get a wound back immediately as the curse will expire as soon as you cast it, and then the subsequent curses will be significantly briefer, letting you accrue wounds more rapidly. Next, get Hylea's Talons as soon as you see the merchant ship where it can be bought. It gives you a lash, and when you get the raw DOT effect, it won't last long, and will give you a wound and heal you as soon as it expires. Lastly, get Parting Sorrow as soon as you hit PL 6. It gives you a wound not only when enemies break engagement, but also when you knock them back (if you took Force of Anguish) and when you kill them. Wounds will add up quickly with the right gear and abilities.

1 minute ago, dgray62 said:

In my experience FF monks can be wound starved early on, but not later. To maximize wounds, get your RES as high as possible and re-use the FF attack as soon as the curse expired. Also fire up clarity of agony as soon as you have the curse, and refresh it as soon as it expires. Although it costs two wounds, it's worth it. First, you'll get a wound back immediately as the curse will expire as soon as you cast it, and then the subsequent curses will be significantly briefer, letting you accrue wounds more rapidly. Next, get Hylea's Talons as soon as you see the merchant ship where it can be bought. It gives you a lash, and when you get the raw DOT effect, it won't last long, and will give you a wound and heal you as soon as it expires. Lastly, get Parting Sorrow as soon as you hit PL 6. It gives you a wound not only when enemies break engagement, but also when you knock them back (if you took Force of Anguish) and when you kill them. Wounds will add up quickly with the right gear and abilities.

Thanks

As FF you don't need many additional attack abilities (except as SC Monk you should always go for Whispers of the Wind. I would either take Enervating Blows or Stunning Surge (because you can use it with Mortification even if at 0 wounds).

Enervating Blows seems like a waste because FF already enfeebled - but the weakening auto-hit lowers fortitude before FF rolls against fortitude to enfeeble, making it more likely to actually land the enfeeblement.

Stunning Surge stuns (surprise ;)) which is a hard CC, enfeebled is not. But enfeebled prolongs the stunning effect on the enemy by 50% which stacks with Duality (+10 INT, also 50%), giving you enormously long stuns. Also the stun + enfeeble effects lower enemies' Fortitude by 20 points. 

I personally would pick Stunning Surge I guess. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I thought about restart as a Wanderer, but I am at lvl 10 and much as I like rangers, I don’t want to do all the Maje stuff again. So I did a little respec and start using Hand Mortar to get my wounds quickly.

I don’t know if I am right, but looks like if I used Hand Mortar with Tuotillos Palm in melee distance, I was only attacking with the shield.

I still have Force of Anguish (there’s no other to pick in this lvl, arms bearer looks useless). 
But this time I picked Enlightened Agony and Blade Turning (is a life saver sometimes)