1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I just tried to rename the file and the issue persisted - Screaming Souls still working vanilla/unmodded. Would you mind possibly sharing a .zip to see if it works?

I will share a zip this evening. Possibly "your final version" if I can.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Yes, I understand that. But I'm not sure I will be able to do it given the technical issues I had. What I can do is to make a variant for you 🙂. But including it in the mod would lead to non autonomous files (one requiring another), which I want to avoid.

Now I'm also thinking about setting screaming soul to its original AoE but with Silent Scream damages (12-20 raw) That would lead to respectable damages, esp Vs vessels/Spirits, but will cap it Vs single target.

Of course :) anyway I think the smaller Foe-only AoE is also a good idea. Setting Screaming Souls to Silent Scream dmg is also an alternative but I think the foe only AoE is more fun.

7 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Smoke Grenade isn't an explosive, it's one of the Smoke Cloud upgrade.

Powder burn Distracted has been removed by BPM nerf anyway (it was stupidly easy to activate). But that's why I'm reluctant to remove other self inflicted Distraction from Streetfighter.

Yes sorry that's me again talking before I've put enough coffee in me. If you're looking for self-inflicted distractions for the Streetfighter, maybe we can register the streetfighter on the Obsidian Forum Community and turn his notification on. He will be distracted from work forever :).

44 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Of course :) anyway I think the smaller Foe-only AoE is also a good idea. Setting Screaming Souls to Silent Scream dmg is also an alternative but I think the foe only AoE is more fun.

It would be foe only (except screaming target won't take damages from its own scream) 2.5m radius 12-20 raw damages per Spriti/Vessel. Keeping the original 2.5m radius would be more similar to original intent and would cap damages vs single target (while being an excellent 1000 cuts enabler for SC Ciphers)

A bit different from Spark the Soul of the Righteous AoE, and thematically linked to Silent Scream.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I'm considering adding self-target to Smoke Grenade to give another option to Street fighter to activate his effects. Throwing a Grenade at your feet should hurt. That would be to compensate the loss of a potential party inflicted Distracted

i think this is overkill - streetfighter is immensely powerful when triggered, and having a self-contained option to do it via smoke grenade is a bit too much imo.

15 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

So the "special version" for you (akka the normal one, but that applies to all targets) :

cl.cipher.screaming_souls_all_targets_scream.gamedatabundle.zip

5 hours ago, thelee said:

i think this is overkill - streetfighter is immensely powerful when triggered, and having a self-contained option to do it via smoke grenade is a bit too much imo.

It's nowhere near the same league of convenience as Powder Burns though.

- It costs 2 guiles (which are very precious for Single Class)

- It costs 2 ability points, one of which is Tier 7 (extremely precious for Multi Class)

- The duration is rather short (12s base)

- It is absolutely not guaranteed to hit. It has very bad interaction with Adept Evasion, high PER, high DEX

- You need to mitigate somehow the Sicken affliction that Smoke Grenade applies (as well as Corrode damages BPM adds to Smoke Grenade... but this part can actually be a benefit for Streetfighter)

I can't simply delete all the mini combo that enables Streetfighter passive. If I go with non-frienly fire Screaming Soul after removing Distracted frol Powder Burn, I think it's a bit too much for this subclass. Yes, it's convenient to have it on Rogue side, but MC/Party combos have much better tools, such as the Wisps, Pernicious Cloud or Debilitating Strike from a friend, etc...

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

I can't simply delete all the mini combo that enables Streetfighter passive. If I go with non-frienly fire Screaming Soul after removing Distracted frol Powder Burn, I think it's a bit too much for this subclass. Yes, it's convenient to have it on Rogue side, but MC/Party combos have much better tools, such as the Wisps, Pernicious Cloud or Debilitating Strike from a friend, etc...

yeah i was thinking about it too much in isolation, but in consideration with the other changes this is a part of, it makes sense.

Edited by thelee

8 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

So the "special version" for you (akka the normal one, but that applies to all targets) :

Thanks so much @Elric Galad! It works wonders. I just nearly killed my entire team with 25 procs of Screaming Souls in one cast :).

Meme Creator - Funny Thanks I feel Special Meme Generator at  MemeCreator.org!

If anyone else wants to use it, here is the file you can directly place in your override folder, with description and everything.

Screaming Souls Fix Mod.zip

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Not trying to bring this thread back to life, but I finally got a chance to play a fair bit around the modded Screaming Souls ability that @Elric Galad so graciously put together. i.e. Screaming Souls working "as intended" or at least, as described.

Not surprisingly I did a solo Beckoner/Psion focused around Ancient Brittle Bones and the über Screaming Souls, with additional synergy with e.g. Many Lives, The Empty Soul and other Cipher passives, Helm of the White Void, the occasional Grave Calling bonanza... My findings are as follows:

1) It is extremely satisfying when you manage to pull off the perfect combo of basically 6 + 12 (+1) skeletons absolutely exploding the battlefield through a crazy chain reaction. I'm talking about 100+ attack rolls in one cast, with very large AoE size and humongous total Raw damage. You could think it is totally broken but...

2) You will often commit suicide in the process, so there's a bit of balance. It's hard to not completely wreck yourself or bystanders because the AoE can be somewhat unpredictable. Sure, you can mitigate the risk with sky-high Will (which you'll have), wearing Voidward, having a pet with +health on kill, maybe using the Great Escape Cape/Leaping Boots for last second mobility... But you're competing against your sky-high Accuracy :) even with only a few hits you might not survive the Choir of the Undead. But hey, when you pull it off... hundreds and hundreds of raw damage*. And it gets even better when enemies are Vessels themselves! :) 

In conclusion: if you want to bring a bit of versatility to your Troubadour/Psion or whatever, this mod is fun. Screaming Souls working "as intended" is OP, but it is so dangerous that I find it relatively balanced in a way. Worth a try IMHO!

*I'm being intentionally vague on the actual damage potential because the combat log goes totally bonkers :). but it's a lot!

PS: don't try it in a party with a SC Cipher having Shared Nightmare. Guaranteed suicide.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I'm using his balance polishing mod which has a foe only damage AOE. Only deals 12-20 damage (40%), so even in conjunction with my SC beckoner's Animated Weapons, it's not too amazing unless you're actually fighting vessels and spirits. Compare it with Spark the Souls of the Righteous.

Nice. Yes that makes sense. But I bet it would still be enough to trigger a strong chain reaction with Ancient Brittle Bones? up to 18 skellies vs. 8 instruments of death. Though of course 8 instruments of death with some nice supporting chant is a force to be reckoned with in itself.

The mod shared above is self-contained, only about fixing Screaming Souls as described. Which Elric was nice to create for those of us more interested in "polishing" than "balance" :).

16 minutes ago, Bosmer said:

Has someone tested how it interacts with Death of 1000 cuts?

I haven't tested but I could, sometime later. My bet is that it will work as if a 100+ shred spells triggered the additional Raw damage and duration extension of Death of a 1,000 cuts (then upgraded to Death of a 100,000 cuts).

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I haven't tested but I could, sometime later. My bet is that it will work as if a 100+ shred spells triggered the additional Raw damage and duration extension of Death of a 1,000 cuts (then upgraded to Death of a 100,000 cuts).

Thanks that would be great! I see that this is a really difficult ability to balance: when you build for it it might become easily overpowered because, at the same time, it needs to have some value for all other builds…🤔

3 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I'm using his balance polishing mod which has a foe only damage AOE. Only deals 12-20 damage (40%), so even in conjunction with my SC beckoner's Animated Weapons, it's not too amazing unless you're actually fighting vessels and spirits. Compare it with Spark the Souls of the Righteous.

That was my point. Creating something that is cool but inferior to Spark the Souls overall. Still 12-20 RAW per vessels damages in bigger AoE than Spark the Soul, a bit of Distracted spamming should be neat when built around.

But yeah, it is strong with Death of 1000 cuts, but this was intended too as a way to buff SC Ciphers last Tiers.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, Not So Clever Hound said:

Since you can get multiples beams actived in same time and because Antipathetic Field doesnt damage the target, an enemy afflicted by Death of the 1,000 cuts caught in the path between you and the target take already +100sec duration/ beam (and associed damages), but with 100 Screaming Souls it is indecent!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hello, I know this thread is quite old, but can I ask if anyone still has the screaming souls fix mod file? The current fix in the Balance Polishing Mod doesn't appear to enable friendly fire while confused, and I would like to try out the ability as described. 

Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Naergling said:

Hello, I know this thread is quite old, but can I ask if anyone still has the screaming souls fix mod file? The current fix in the Balance Polishing Mod doesn't appear to enable friendly fire while confused, and I would like to try out the ability as described. 

Thank you!

I find it in another thread before any modification, with this mod the spell work as described, like you want. 

25810356_ScreamingSoulsFixMod.zip

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Naergling said:

Have fun and beware of "suicide by screaming skellies". The AoE gets very, very large. :) I love this mod.