What's The Hardest Part of Making a Game

Guard Dog

Turns Out The Hardest Part of Making a Game Is...Everything

Interesting reading. My education and background is electronics engineering. So I have some experience in coding. But the first programming language I learned was Fortran and last (and the only one I was any good at) was C++. Nowhere NEAR as complex at what is used today. People get down on game devs over small bugs and other problems but to tell you the truth I am always amazed games work as well as they do. I sure as heck couldn't do it! Tip the hat to all of the OBS guys & gals  and all the others too.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Game design is a b--ch, especially for beginners.  Not only does it need to be highly successful to generate a profit, but when you think you've created something great and it turns out to be bland upon playing it.  I read that somewhere, some small team was mesmerized that they actually got something functional completed but then realized that the gameplay was very boring and would get bad reception.

I'll pass on a career in game development, but mad respect for all the studios and modders out there who give us content.

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

So... You'll do the coding for my game?

Sure. What are you making? Oregon Trail? I’m afraid much more than that you will have exceeded my skill set!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I’d still probably die of dysentery before we ever got out of Nebraska

Thomas Sowell