Red Flames (aka the Saguine Wayfarer) and The Hymn of Infinite Revenge

Hello again!

Always annoyed that Berserkers go down so easily? And the Berserker really should hit much faster with two handed weapons anyway 'cause it's cooler?

Easy: just have Carnage with friendly fire (or in other words: be confused af) and "accidentially" kill your own skeletons (or whatever summons - Many Lives is very convenient) with Twin Eels. Its healing effect also triggers from Carnage-kills (actually it heals from any kills, no matter how you achievend them). So every time a skeleton falls from your Carnage you'll heal your surroudings (including yourself), trigger Bloodlust and Blood Thirst which lets you attack with 0 recovery which leads to more ded skeletons which leads to more healing and so on and so forth...

A bit like a Kind Wayfarer on speed with unlimited healing.

Of course you could also do that with a Berserker/anything (hello Berserker/Paladin with Sacred Immolation?) and let somebody else summon creatures. But that's less cool imo. 

Before getting Twin Eels and stuff you will still be a Howler with all the goodies. Howlers rock anyway. ;) 

Quick vid:

red_flames.gif?dl=1

---

Then, take the same character basically (Berserker/Skald is best though) but instead of Twin Eels give him Blightheart. Summon some Ancient Brittle Skellies, frenzy up and use Her Revenge. You will kill several skeletons accidantially and trigger Bloodlust, Blood Thirst and get phrases from the kill(s) which lets you cast another Her Revenge right away and so on and so forth.

No healing but unlimited casting and brutal casting speed. Just don't let party members stand where you cast... ;) 

Quick vid:

infinite_revenge.gif?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Other fun options are for example:

• Amra: no healing but Riven Gore kills skeletons on the spot and with Abraham you can at least keep yourself healed - its party-wide effect also procs off of skellie-kills. Also Tempered Fury will def. proc soon and it stacks with Berserker's Frenzy.
  • Lord Darryn's Voulge: same basically, very effective
  • Engolerio do Espirs: with Blade Fest of course. Ghost Blades will proc off of Carnage-kills as well and heal, too.

and I guess many more. :)

• Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Engolerio do Espirs: with Blade Fest of course. Ghost Blades will proc off of Carnage-kills as well and heal, too.

This sounds insane. Not nearly as good as Grave Calling, but without the total GPU rampage right?

I'll have to give it a try, but first I want to see how far I can push defenses on my current Arcane Knight playthrough :).

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I guess I found my "tank" for the Single Class only playthrough. :) With Abraham, a Kind Wayfarer and a Chanter in the back this should be sturdy enough until I get Twin Eeels? What other single classes to bring? Hm... initially I wanted a SC Streetfighter with Mortars and Gambit - but maybe that's too boring. SC Wizard, Monk and Priest I did a lot of times already. SC Ranger? Fighter? Eh...

Any unusual yet cool ideas?  

Just now, Not So Clever Hound said:

This sounds insane. Not nearly as good as Grave Calling, but without the total GPU rampage right?

Yes, of course Chilling Grave with skeletons is bonkers. Ghost Blades also take their (GPU) toll, but they only have one single visual effect so you don't get hundrets of overlapping pulses that fry your GPU (or maybe it's the CPU which suffers most). I only see a few very short stutters, not the fps drop (or even crash) I see with Grave Calling. 

Recntly I also had a few crashes from WotW with mortars + Powder Burns if gunpowder barrels were involved. :) With Avenging Storm on top: nearly 50% of times. :( 

• Like 2