The All things Political Topic - The Night never knew that its end was fleet.

Amentep

Matt Gaetz elopes to California, marries girlfriend

with the accusations hanging over this guy why would she even want to marry him?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

E9ZgvJvXMAA6V-L?format=jpg&name=small

I remember an argument in the VFW two years ago. I was almost asked to leave LOL. It was another member who I am actually friends with who is wearing a hat with a picture of a AR 15 in the words come and take it. He was also wearing a back the blue T-shirt. I couldn’t help myself. I asked him if he was still “back the blue when they came to take it?”

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

8 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Matt Gaetz elopes to California, marries girlfriend

with the accusations hanging over this guy why would she even want to marry him?

Money ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I haven’t watch the video yet but yes that iconic Iwo Jima picture was staged in a manner of speaking.  Echo company of the 2/28 captured the summit and raised the first flag there. It was too small to be seen from the beach so the battalion commander ordered a larger flag to be raised. This was a few hours later so By that time a news photographer was on the summit with them and took that picture of the second and larger flag going up. It was not staged in the sense they were trying to capture an iconic image but they knew he was there and taking the picture all the same. From what I read they waited until he was ready to get the picture to do it.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Maybe Brexit isn't all what the British people thought it would be?... As funny as the title of the video sounds, it's just a symptom of a deeper problem. Empty supermarket shelves (Is the UK turning into the newest WP Country?), former busy transit hubs and strategic harbours turning ghost towns, a fishing industry that now has less fish than they had before (because, as a "sovereign nation", Boris Johnson can now sell the fishing rights to the EU) etc.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Yeah, and maybe Australia making China a rival won't end very well either.

;)

Honestly? What a face palm moronic video. Did you grab that from an official party site link? The automatically generated robot voice sounds like it's reading the official party line through a piece of text to speech software.

Best case, you don't know any better, worst case you are truly in favour of things slavery, koncentration camps, cultural and ethnic genocide and the principle of might makes right instead of any pretense of a  rule of law.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Honestly? What a face palm moronic video. Did you grab that from an official party site link? The automatically generated robot voice sounds like it's reading the official party line through a piece of text to speech software.

Best case, you don't know any better, worst case you are truly in favour of things slavery, koncentration camps, cultural and ethnic genocide and the principle of might makes right instead of any pretense of a  rule of law.

Gorthfuscious  I watched the video only because it seems to have provoked you and I dont want you, and others ,  to waste 1  minute of your time getting  genuinely upset as if this type of video is real and raises any true comparisons. 

Its your classic CCP 101  propaganda hyperbole, they raise valid points about things like economic and population data and then always incorporate complete false corollaries, spurious and inane facts and then absolutely ridiculous statements that really make me laugh because they so absurd...for example didnt you love the " at the least Muslims in China are happy because US, UK and Australian soldiers are not killing their children "  :lol::lol:

And sometimes the funniest thing is this exactly what the CCP is doing directly or is indirectly responsible for, for example the genocide against the Rohingya people by the Myanmar military (and babies were thrown into fires ) was ignored by China and any UNSC condemnation  vetoed by China. But China is their main economic trade partner and lifeline to the Myanmar military junta so the Chinese could easily have said, if they really cared about Muslim lives,  " stop killing the Rohingya Muslims or we will cut you off " and they have stopped 

But outside all the propaganda of the video their is the economic reality that is true of the trade deals between Oz and China. And the most effective way for Oz to not be impacted by China is to reasonably and slowly, but steadily, cut all trade with China. This definitely can be done because their are many other markets and India is one but it wouldn't be the only one which is another example of the hyperbole in the video. And this also about the Australian private sector making these choices which unfortunately can be harder to convince because China is such an easy market to buy from and sell to. But this why I said you cut ties slowly and steadily

And once this is done more or less then their is nothing the CCP economic bullying tactics can do to impact your economy. And these annoying videos will be as meaningless as the point they try to make 

And once you free from any potential CPP sanctions you can say anything you want about the CCP and their will be no consequence because its not like China is going to invade Oz. Their only real weapon they have is cyber-espionage and economic measures. 

So of course if you want to respond to Comrade you absolutely can, I sometimes do  because he makes me laugh,  but dont take it seriously and ever believe the CCP fake news :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious  I watched the video only because it seems to have provoked you and I dont want you, and others ,  to waste 1  minute of your time getting  genuinely upset as if this type of video is real and raises any true comparisons. 

Its your classic CCP 101  propaganda hyperbole, they raise valid points about things like economic and population data and then always incorporate complete false corollaries, spurious and inane facts and then absolutely ridiculous statements that really make me laugh because they so absurd...for example didnt you love the " at the least Muslims in China are happy because US, UK and Australian soldiers are not killing their children "  :lol::lol:

You gave that video more credit than it was worth and spend more time on this than I did... I watched the first 2 minutes of it, recognized it for what it was and then 30 seconds to share my thoughts on it. Yes, official Chinese propaganda is obvious official Chinese propaganda 🙄

Edit: Yes, you are definitely right about the latter part, constantly feeding money into the Chinese machinery of oppression, control, terrorizing neighbours and bullying the rest of the world into submission is stupid. But greed makes stupid unfortunately.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gorth said:

You gave that video more credit than it was worth and spend more time on this than I did... I watched the first 2 minutes of it and 30 seconds to share my thoughts on it. Yes, official Chinese propaganda is obvious official Chinese propaganda 🙄

Dammit , I thought you watched it !!! Now you made me waste 10 minutes of my time :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Dammit , I thought you watched it !!! Now you made me waste 10 minutes of my time :lol:

Sorrryyy... 😝

I did mention that the Australian government is made up of questionable people, fully owned by the Holy Trinity (the church, the mining industry and the fossil fuel industry)? Guess where the inclination to happily send all your money (privatizing the profits, socializing the costs) and resources abroad comes from. Not just the current government but the governments since the 70's really. Always looking for those party donations from those institutions in order to win the next election. Often sacrificing the truth and the interests of Australia in the process. Latest victim is the climate policy....

• Thanks 1

Portland mayor claims victory as Parkrose residents reel from unchecked political violence - OPB

Following a day of unchecked violence between far-right and far-left demonstrators in both downtown and Northeast Portland, the city’s mayor and police commissioner says the hands-off approach worked in mitigating the violence many expected to take place on the anniversary of one of Portland’s most vicious street brawls.

As promised, Portland Police didn’t respond for most of the day. A statement issued Friday said officers wouldn’t intervene in the moment, rather they would monitor violence and property damage in hopes of making arrests afterward.

Political and education leaders in Parkrose expressed frustration Monday that the PPB allowed a Proud Boys rally at the nearby abandoned parking lot to spill over into the street where anti-fascist demonstrators had also gathered for a confrontation.

“At least from the moment the confrontation left the Kmart parking lot, the police should have intervened,” said state Sen. Michael Dembrow, a Democrat who represents a large swath of the Parkrose community. “Gunfire downtown shows us what could well have happened in Parkrose. It’s unacceptable for there just to be hands off by the police, especially when neighborhoods are involved.”

Many neighbors said they had no warning this was coming to their community. According to Annette Stanhope, chair of the Parkrose Neighborhood Association, she received no notification from the city of Portland that there could be violence in her community.

• Gasp! 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Is this about Australia, China, or India?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

23 hours ago, Gorth said:

stubborn intransigence undermines the possibility o' meaningful discourse, so in the spirit o' advancing dialectic we propose a compromise position. am admitted ambivalent and have been unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion regarding whether to embrace your best or worst case. however, for the time being we have decided a willful ignorance middle ground suffices as a foundational proposition. 

Gromnir is always willing to consider a reasonable compromise position.

that said, we will leave to the reader to add whatever emoji they deem appropriate to convey the appropriate level o' sarcasm implied by our observations, though we feel compelled to mention as am suspecting at least a few will miss our intent.

moving on...

from page 101.

"In sum, each of the six matters discussed above individually evince bad faith
and improper purpose. But when viewed collectively, they reveal an even more
powerful truth: Once it appeared that their preferred political candidate’s grasp on
the presidency was slipping away, Plaintiffs’ counsel helped mold the
predetermined narrative about election fraud by lodging this federal lawsuit based
on evidence that they actively refused to investigate or question with the requisite
level of professional skepticism—and this refusal was to ensure that the evidence
conformed with the predetermined narrative (a narrative that has had dangerous
and violent consequences). Plaintiffs’ counsel’s politically motivated accusations,
allegations, and gamesmanship may be protected by the First Amendment when
posted on Twitter, shared on Telegram, or repeated on television. The nation’s
courts, however, are reserved for hearing legitimate causes of action."

‘This Case Was Never About Fraud’: Federal Judge Refers ‘Kraken’ Attorneys, Including Lin Wood and Sidney Powell, for ‘Possible Suspension or Disbarment’

the judge didn't pull punches, though she did work hard to avoid explicit identifying the kraken lawyers as liars. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

30 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

‘This Case Was Never About Fraud’: Federal Judge Refers ‘Kraken’ Attorneys, Including Lin Wood and Sidney Powell, for ‘Possible Suspension or Disbarment’

the judge didn't pull punches, though she did work hard to avoid explicit identifying the kraken lawyers as liars. 

HA! Good Fun!

A reasonable compromise suggestion...

As for the case(s), the job as judge must be mind blowingly frustrating at times. Did you ever experience a judge actually "lose it" and tell exactly what he/she thought about the people involved in a case?

Edit: Not just the carefully packaged sarcasm etc.

35 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Did you ever experience a judge actually "lose it" and tell exactly what he/she thought about the people involved in a case?

a few times. is worth recalling that judges, within the confines o' the courtroom, is the closest thing we got to stereotypical royalty in the united states.  judges who claim to not be arrogant is presumptive liars and a few ( a ridiculous small %) forget or is unconcerned with maintaining an appearance o' humility.

also, judges is people, with all the flaws which go along with being people. try and handpick a group o' flawless saints with unimpeachable intellects and am guaranteeing if the size o' your group o' people gets large enough, you is gonna end up with a few villains and at least a couple fools in your collection o' ideal humanity. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was wrong about Joe Biden. Earlier I called him a “feckless idiot“. That doesn’t really describe him at all. He’s an absolute f——-g a———e. 

Biden jokes about stranding Americans in Afghanistan

I see why the staff cut his mic.

”there are chords in the heart of even the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion, even by the utterly lost, to whom life and death are equally jests, there are matters of which no jest can be made”

Edgar Allen Poe

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell