Some news about this char.

I am impressed with his self sustain. Even with 10 wounds, I heal enough to keep my health almost on top. In an emergency, my second wind is healing almost full health.

I got Determination (+20 Defenses against INT PER CON affliction) for now, because he is a tank and I need boost my defenses. 

Now heading up to Neketaka.

By the way: skilling Alchemy can be more benefical than skilling Athletics if you need occasional healing (and if you are not against using consumables). With high Alchemy even the weaker healing potions become pretty strong, even stronger than Second Wind. 

• Hmmm 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

By the way: skilling Alchemy can be more benefical than skilling Athletics if you need occasional healing (and if you are not against using consumables). With high Alchemy even the weaker healing potions become pretty strong, even stronger than Second Wind. 

I raised Athletics until 5 only (7 with Hylea bounty).

I will raise alchemy now, thanks

On 8/19/2021 at 6:37 AM, Boeroer said:

Yes, you can also pick either Tactical Barrage or Enlightened Agony and get Smart at nearly all times (+5 INT - doesn't stack with Duality oMP's INT bonus) and pick Iron Wheel instead. Fortitude is an important defense (more important than deflection in the late-ish game) and thus raising CON and AR is good for a tank. 

Non-fluctuating, stable +5 INT will be as good as +0-10 INT based on wounds imo. Besides that Clarity of Agony is great for a tank since it removes afflictions so well.

I personally would pick Devoted's Disciplined Strikes for Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming and Enlightened Agony for +5 INT and go with Iron Wheel. 

You can go Helwalker for additional fortitude (and healing and damage) via MIG if your defenses and AR are great. Damage reduction via AR (underpenetration) and other sources of damage reduction (Death's Maw for example) have a lot more impact than the Helwalker's increased received damage. The first ones work a bit like multiplicative reductions while the Helwalker's increased dmg received is "only" and additive dmg bonus for your enemies. Still might hurt, but the additional fortitude defense and healing power shouldn't be neglected either. 

I personally would use Forbidden Fist though (if Community Patch is used). Just because the synergy of Forbidden Fist punch + max RES and the whole unique wound trait  is so good. 

Hey.. 

So if I didn't miss understand are you say Helwalker is the best subclass for Monk tank even if you can kill yourself with the X% additional dmg? I am going to give a try.. I love off meta builds! For example in my previous game I was healing as a pure Chanter (it was hard but so fun)

1 minute ago, Andres Arigon said:

Hey.. 

So if I didn't miss understand are you say Helwalker is the best subclass for Monk tank even if you can kill yourself with the X% additional dmg? I am going to give a try.. I love off meta builds! For example in my previous game I was healing as a pure Chanter (it was hard but so fun)

The biggest downside for me is the lack of engagement, sometimes the enemies just pass running for me.

But about survivability, I can’t complain until now. Even with 10 wounds, the Constant Recovery is being enough to keep me alive, and in extreme cases I still have Second Wind/ Potions and my healer. I was planning try solo with this monk, but I don’t know if would be viable

6 minutes ago, Abrax said:

The biggest downside for me is the lack of engagement, sometimes the enemies just pass running for me.

But about survivability, I can’t complain until now. Even with 10 wounds, the Constant Recovery is being enough to keep me alive, and in extreme cases I still have Second Wind/ Potions and my healer. I was planning try solo with this monk, but I don’t know if would be viable

That is the reason why I find shield better than the stuff 

30 minutes ago, Andres Arigon said:

Another question I have is the initial attributes... any idea?

I am using something like this

MIG 15 CON 17 DEX 10 PER 21 INT 10 RES 17

If you will try this, I would just change to unbroken . This will help the engagement issue , bonus AR and more flexibility to choose weapons. 

Edited by Abrax