Coronavirus 666: The Number of the Delta Variant (but in an entirely scientific context)

Amentep

Bwahahaha hilarious! :lol: And most parents teach their children to worship an omnipotent space wizard.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

Imo between the Aegis ship picket offshore Japan and the THAAD batteries in HI, we could take down a NK ballistic missile. 👍

Anywho, whats the latest variant? Has it morphed into the Tri-Lambs yet?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Bwahahaha hilarious! :lol: And most parents teach their children to worship an omnipotent space wizard.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

Imo between the Aegis ship picket offshore Japan and the THAAD batteries in HI, we could take down a NK ballistic missile. 👍

Anywho, whats the latest variant? Has it morphed into the Tri-Lambs yet?

And I was reading how the US has developed this new missile  defense system designed specifically with NK in mind 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And I was reading how the US has developed this new missile  defense system designed specifically with NK in mind 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense

see how many fails? and those is optimal conditions where the target missile is effective been made as hittable as possible. 

'course it appears that the requisite missing element to explain the reassurance o' the child is faith. don't bother to tell the child that is impossible to prove the existence o' God and/or a US ballistic missile defense system? well, is ok in either case if the parent has faith, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

34 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

see how many fails? and those is optimal conditions where the target missile is effective been made as hittable as possible. 

'course it appears that the requisite missing element to explain the reassurance o' the child is faith. don't bother to tell the child that is impossible to prove the existence o' God and/or a US ballistic missile defense system? well, is ok in either case if the parent has faith, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, about 50% success rate. But still better than no defense system 

But at the end it mentions 

"The system has a "single shot probability of kill" of its interceptors calculated at 56%,[1] with the total probability of intercepting a single target, if four interceptors are launched, at 97%.[1] Each interceptor costs approximately $75 million  " 

So if you can use multiple missiles it success will be greater 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

HA! Good Fun!

• Gasp! 2
  • Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Normally I hold of booze until after 9, but I guess 10am will have to do.

1748sz.jpg

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's the Youtube comment section come to life.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's like reading the comments section on either of Fox or Sky News....

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, Raithe said:

This study pegs it at over half

Article about the study for those like me who don't speak medical journal

• Thanks 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

In SA we have a new law that allows 12-17 young people to get a vaccine without their parents consent

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/breaking-children-teenagers-12-17-age-group-vaccinated-vaccination-south-africa-when-consent-pfizer-risks-side-effects-latest-news/

I support vaccines but I have an issue where any government decides it knows whats best for any family when it comes to these types of decisions

Its the same reason I understand parents objecting to anything like Critical Race Theory being taught at schools to their kids 

John Milton 

neil cavuto endorses vaccinations during a fox segment.

the story is not why we link. please read the comments from fox regulars posting in response to the story. 

a significant % o' the US population has been inoculated 'gainst facts. the problem is not limited to covid neither. 

HA! Good Fun!

The blessing of Murdoch media... providing a shrine for human stupidity where they can congregate and sing hymns to their own ignorance. Blessed is the moron, for he shall not see it coming.

I mentioned in a previous post, it's not a unique US trait. Murdoch media in Australia is the spitting image of Fox News (his Sky News network is same all over the world). People started looking for alternative news sources in Australia after NewsCorp got called out by police and fire departments for deliberately lying about the sources of the bushfires two years ago. It wasn't climate change, it was a combined army of thousands of arsonists roaming the country side, making it look like it was climate change that was to blame!!!

I'm not even kidding, the truth is completely irrelevant to any Fox/Sky News reporting. And they both attract the same kind of people to the comments sections.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/covid-19-child-rare-condition/

There have been more than five thousand cases of MIS-C across the country since the pandemic began, but doctors are still trying to understand how exactly COVID-19 is triggering the inflammatory condition.

I did not know this.

• Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

My unvaxxed cousin just tested positive for the VID so we've all got to go get tested since she was here over the weekend. My wife and I are fully vaxxed but my son isn't because he's 2. 

Keep us updated on how things progress  8)

You and wife should be fine because all us of  vaccinated people have interaction with the unvaccinated and even if you do get the virus your symptoms will be mild   and young people can get the virus but they almost all asymptomatic 

In SA we only achieved  30 % fully vaccinated so its basically impossible to avoid what happened with your cousin

John Milton 

4 hours ago, rjshae said:

Pfizer antiviral slashes COVID-19 hospitalizations

Sounds like the medical community is starting to get a toolset of treatments that will significantly reduce hospitalization. Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel? Or is that a train heading our way?

I think this is definitely good news in the fight against the virus, its similar to the Merck pill

https://news.yahoo.com/explainer-does-mercks-covid-19-202524830.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

John Milton 

25 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Its interesting because Covid is a Zoonotic diseases meaning we humans got the virus from animals but it evolved to become a human virus and not animal

Now animals have got our version, which is human, but its evolved the other way to become an animal virus

Interesting :thumbsup:

John Milton 

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands