Coronavirus 666: The Number of the Delta Variant (but in an entirely scientific context)

Amentep

7 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

What group of scientists and doctors are speaking against vaccines?

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-08-13-prominent-sa-heart-surgeon-in-anti-vaxx-video-plus-five-highlights-from-vrye-weekblad/

Unfortunately their are a small group of doctors that are questioning vaccines and science and all it does is support the dangerous views of anti-vaxxers

This prominent SA doctor is going to be investigated and will probably and hopefully have her medical license suspended

We have a virus crisis in SA with vaccine hesitancy and the last thing we want or accept is doctors pushing misinformation 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Those doctors might also run out of chickens to sacrifice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Those doctors might also run out of chickens to sacrifice 

https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2021/08/17/covid-19-vaccines-vosloo

Gorthfuscious here is the summary of the misinformation repeated by our prominent doctor, this article also includes comments from other global  doctors who question the official truth about the virus and vaccines 

Its long but it will give you a good idea of the " anti-vaccine " argument which the majority of doctors reject

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My 11-year old (who was 9 when this all started) is probably better than anyone else in the family at wearing his mask. He even wears it for hockey practice. Granted we invested in some decent masks early on and they have been well worth it.

I am in my first week of teaching 7th graders, and I haven't had a single complaint about the masks from my 170 students. They wear them in class, and they wear them most of the time outside unless they are eating or drinking. Us teachers probably complain the most. I hate it, for sure. But I also try to remember that grocery store workers and many others have basically been living in these things for the last year and a half, so I can handle it.

My wife has more problems with students in High School. She has a whole group she calls the Trumpsters that driver her nuts with complaining about the masks. Keep in mind, my wife is a lifelong Republican, but she still has to do her job and some of these kids are a pain in the rear. :p

I'd imagine the younger the kids are, the more lenient the policies are going to be when it comes to masks. But, like wearing pants, using the bathroom, and washing your hands, you can work with little kids on the skills they need to function in public. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

WHO discourages use of masks by children, btw. But we only listen to WHO sometimes. Is ol' Tedros an irresponsible flat earther now? Who knows, who cares. More hysteria, please.

That depends on case and age of children

"Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance.

WHO and UNICEF advise that the decision to use masks for children aged 6-11 should be based on the following factors:

• Whether there is widespread transmission in the area where the child resides
  • The ability of the child to safely and appropriately use a mask
  • Access to masks, as well as laundering and replacement of masks in certain settings (such as schools and childcare services)
  • Adequate adult supervision and instructions to the child on how to put on, take off and safely wear masks
  • Potential impact of wearing a mask on learning and psychosocial development, in consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and/or medical providers
  • Specific settings and interactions the child has with other people who are at high risk of developing serious illness, such as the elderly and those with other underlying health conditions

WHO and UNICEF advise that children aged 12 and over should wear a mask under the same conditions as adults, in particular when they cannot guarantee at least a 1-metre distance from others and there is widespread transmission in the area."

"Are there situations where children aged 5 years and under may wear or be required to wear a mask?
In general, children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This advice is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance. There may be local requirements for children aged 5 years and under to wear masks, or specific needs in some settings, such as being physically close to someone who is ill. In these circumstances, if the child wears a mask, a parent or other guardian should be within direct line of sight to supervise the safe use of the mask."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

"Children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance.

WHO and UNICEF advise that the decision to use masks for children aged 6-11 should be based on the following factors:

• Whether there is widespread transmission in the area where the child resides
  • The ability of the child to safely and appropriately use a mask
  • Access to masks, as well as laundering and replacement of masks in certain settings (such as schools and childcare services)
  • Adequate adult supervision and instructions to the child on how to put on, take off and safely wear masks
  • Potential impact of wearing a mask on learning and psychosocial development, in consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and/or medical providers
  • Specific settings and interactions the child has with other people who are at high risk of developing serious illness, such as the elderly and those with other underlying health conditions

WHO and UNICEF advise that children aged 12 and over should wear a mask under the same conditions as adults, in particular when they cannot guarantee at least a 1-metre distance from others and there is widespread transmission in the area."

"Are there situations where children aged 5 years and under may wear or be required to wear a mask?
In general, children aged 5 years and under should not be required to wear masks. This advice is based on the safety and overall interest of the child and the capacity to appropriately use a mask with minimal assistance. There may be local requirements for children aged 5 years and under to wear masks, or specific needs in some settings, such as being physically close to someone who is ill. In these circumstances, if the child wears a mask, a parent or other guardian should be within direct line of sight to supervise the safe use of the mask."

@213374U Yes thanks Elerond, 2133 you wrong about that one Im afraid. Children can and should wear masks at schools  especially where their is high virus load. Its common sense but we all acknowledge you cant expect kids to keep them on all the time or really expect them to

John Milton 

I read an article today that Moderna is starting tests for an m-RNA vaccine for HIV. They have been working on it for years and testing it on animals and they start phase 1 of the tests on humans tomorrow. The first batch of volunteers are people who are completely healthy, they will have the vaccine and will be monitored for 10 months to measure the short term safety. If all goes well in phase 1, phase 2 of the testing will start after that with a broader range of test subjects to see the effects on people of various ages and health statuses. This test phase will last 12 months and then its phase 3 of testing that will involve people who already have HIV to see how well the vaccine works against the virus in a human body.

Years of R&D and animal testing followed by at least 3 years of human testing before the company takes it to the FDA for approval vs 10 months for the covid vaccine. Even if we assume that R&D took just a week and the rest was testing, at best we are now at phase 2 of the test period.

I got my jab fully aware that i'm a test subject for an experimental vaccine (i took part in phase 3 of the clinical trials for another study in 2011 because i had the illness the drug was meant to prevent... didn't help at all and i'm still sick hence the decision to vaccinate despite the risks) but what I can't stand is the fairy tale sold by the government and media that the vaccine is fully tested, safe, effective etc when we are barely halfway through the testing phase.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I think the most comical outcome would be the world uniting and finally fully eradicating COVID in all its variants. 1 instant later vacuum dacay rewrites the laws of physics and wipes out all life as we know it. #NihilismGetTheSensation

:fdevil:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I think the most comical outcome would be the world uniting and finally fully eradicating COVID in all its variants. 1 instant later vacuum dacay rewrites the laws of physics and wipes out all life as we know it. #NihilismGetTheSensation

:fdevil:

Is that the Twisted Pair 2 plot?

Edited by KP the meanie zucchini
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Anyone overly worried about the vaccines' emergency approval should just pretend it's a response to an earthquake instead and ask if they'd be shocked and appalled at how normal bureaucratic procedure isn't followed after one of those.

There's a massive amount of bureaucracy that gets sidestepped in any emergency response. After an earthquake you don't want people living in tents for years because you're holding planning meetings, receiving submissions, then counter submissions, then writing the costs of repairs to water and sewerage into next year's budget and gazetting that for comment as you'd normally do. You side step all of that due to it being an emergency and fix the infrastructure without it being budgeted; but keep the stuff that is really important ie repairs and rebuilds must still be done to safety standards so next time there's an earthquake the house doesn't kill anyone living there.

There are of course reasons for the extended time frame and extra bureaucracy which occurs under 'normal' circumstances but those reasons are extra safeguards for when there's the luxury of little time pressure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elerond said:

Obligatory

135.png

I mean, it comes as no surprise that Brucie would utterly fail at reading comprehension, but I'd expect anyone else who's taking two seconds to copy paste the text from a site they are citing to, uh, glean the basic idea. It literally says so in the first sentence which you repeated: "children aged 5 and under should not be required to wear masks".

Yes, "children" technically encompasses a broad range of ages, technically from 0 to whatever happens to be the threshold for adulthood wherever you live, for which WHO naturally has different criteria. In the context of the point as it was raised, however, children should not be required to wear masks per WHO.

This is why it's so pointless to even engage on the internet. Doesn't matter how plain or evident the idea is, there's always someone immediately willing to stretch the meaning of words used and turn everything into a semantics discussion so they can be technically right. ****'s exhausting.

Edited by 213374U
  • Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 minutes ago, 213374U said:

This is why it's so pointless to even engage on the internet.

I've so far typed up four separate replies for this thread and summarily deleted them all after finishing, because why bother. So, silly meme of yore it ended up being.

• Sad 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

I've so far typed up four separate replies for this thread and summarily deleted them all after finishing, because why bother. So, silly meme of yore it ended up being.

The internet experience gets much better when you replace effort with just laughing at the absurdity of it all.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Also you get that sense of self superiority about it.  Although really, even without the nitpicking or whatever it is pointless, no one is going to change their view here.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

'Version 2.0' of COVID-19 vaccine quickly kicks immune system into high gear

In a new Northwestern Medicine study in mice, researchers took one of the current vaccines, which is based on the novel coronavirus's infamous spike protein, and added a different antigen, the nucleocapsid protein, to form a new, potentially improved version of the COVID vaccine. The nucleocapsid protein, which is an internal RNA-binding protein, may help kick the immune system into high gear much more quickly than the spike protein is capable of since it is among the most rapidly and highly expressed proteins in coronaviruses.

Anti-vaxxer version: the horror, the horror...

• Gasp! 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

16 minutes ago, rjshae said:

This new version has an updated microchip based on the new 2nm silicon that greatly boosts the signal reception of the mind-controlling 5G waves. The Illuminati more than offsets the costs of the "vaccine" by having to build far fewer signal towers to cover everybody. 

Untitled-12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, majestic said:

nWncKPf.jpg

what theory? that it took years of research before they proceeded with testing on humans? https://www.biospace.com/article/moderna-to-launch-clinical-trials-for-mrna-based-vaccine-for-hiv/

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

5 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

...but what I can't stand is the fairy tale sold by the government and media that the vaccine is fully tested, safe, effective etc when we are barely halfway through the testing phase.

Ummm... Governments and media varies a bit from country to country. Just saying. Here the government is struggling to procure vaccine in the first place, so nobody really tells any fairy tales about how great it is to get vaccinated. For some countries, it's the choice between hundreds of thousands of people dying or alternatively, suddenly all the vaccinated males running around with a constant erection (a joke, if you know what Pfizer is mostly known for). With Murdoch Media being the dominant media (80%) down here, we constantly get bombarded with how unnecessary lockdown and masks are and how we should ban all vaccines to make room for Hydroxsomethingcloride, that stuff the omnipotent, omniscient Trump in one of His revelations revealed to the world as the new fountain of youth that would cure all our ailments. Not kidding. Sky News eventually removed those videos from their news pages, but only just very recently. The narrative being spun by medias and governments can be/is very different from country to country.

Edit: Tl;dr; the Murdoch Media wants to turn us all into the proverbial "Florida Man"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What's worse, Florida Man or Bogan ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

What's worse, Florida Man or Bogan ?

They are both each others six fingered cousins

6 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Anyone overly worried about the vaccines' emergency approval should just pretend it's a response to an earthquake instead and ask if they'd be shocked and appalled at how normal bureaucratic procedure isn't followed after one of those.

This is a good point and an even better analogy, I am going to use this is going forward in RL discussions 

The earthquake example is a simple way to explain the speed  of vaccine creation 

John Milton