Edit: Zahua works fine. I need to ask questions once I am stuck instead of preemptively xD

EDIT: Zahua and DoC are great replacements for Hiravias and Eder surprisingly, so I am good for now :)

Finally I did NOT restart again and entered White March.

Just to get this out of the way, holy **** was the Crag Ogre battle intense. I thought you couldn't save in between skirmishes until the last 2 fights, which made it unnecessarily harder for me xD

Now to the subject. 
Zahua is level 1 right now and I have absolutely no idea how to set him up in my party comp.
I have Kana and Zahua on the front; priest-me, Aloth and Hiravias (who I regularly switch out for GM) in the back. Last slot is Sagani so far, but I may choose to ditch her for either DoC (in WM1) and then maybe for Maneha (in WM2). So, either 3 frontliner units or 4 backliners.

I thought of following either 

or

but as I have no experience with mid to high level monks, I am not sure what would best fit my party. The class is cool in concept, but the whole wounding mechanic never made sense to me, compared to spellcasters and 'normal' melee classes. I would like to focus on fists as my main weapon and hatchets as my secondary weapon, though I will use him as an alphastriker as well, with Molina's arbalest most likely, as I can get the peasant focus bonus with it.

And lastly, with the aforementioned party of priest/Aloth/Hira-GM/Kana/Zahua /+???, would a 3rd frontliner even make sense? I find the idea of having 3 Aumaua from Rauatai pretty appealing, so Maneha would be more to my liking than DoC, at least during the second part of WM and then back in the main game. Rogue never clicked with me anyway...

Edited by SirMirrorcoat

• SirMirrorcoat changed the title to Edit: Zahua works fine. I need to ask questions once I am stuck instead of preemptively xD