Early game ranged weapon: The slingshot

The bow is nice, but you need to get to a thistle plant to craft arrows and it doesn't have the best rate of fire. Perhaps adding a slingshot as a very early game weapon would be nice, we could use pebbles to craft ammo and if it has less damage output but higher rate of fire it would be a very viable option to harass tougher bugs from the distance. It also goes well with the "kids" theme.

There's a thistle plant close to spawn with mites around it the bow is one of the easiest weapons to start with, a sling shot would have just as slow a rate of fire as a bow would and do less damage, would be better to add early stage ranger gear to increase fire rate such as a quiver for legs and vambraces for chest/ hands would also allow for a complete range set bonus with the crow feather hat

Why would a slingshot be as slow as a bow? A bow needs you to reach into a quiver, pulling back a longer distance, and you cant keep ammo inside your hand like with a slingshot. Another thing the slingshot could do is consume less stamina because you would need less strength to use it.
To me the bow is not that pratical at the begining, too slow to actually take many shots from range, not really powerful enough to kill a big bug before it hurts you. So it sits in a middle point, if you fight a soldier ant or a spider you can get maybe three shots before they are on your face?  And then you have to go pick up the arrows you fired cause you dont want to take another trip to the thistle plant...
Pebbles are found everywhere you can waste them like crazy, rain rocks on those motherf. XD
I also thought the slingshot could be like the larva blade is to the spear, you feel me?

The slingshot is very conditional to me. It seems as just a pebblet thrower is a waste. Now of you could select ammo for it to include Shinobi sneeze, splatburst, and those healing sausages then it could get interesting as effectively you now can have a medic, a debuffer and crowd controller.

Also just the sneeze powder would be a boon for that suggested stealth armor

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Very cool suggestion!

I think a slingshot could be cool if you could fire bratbursts, healbasa, and shinobi sneeze (though it currently hides the target [self], so that should probably be modified to blind the target if fired).

I do feel that as a pure pebblet thrower, it does get outclassed by the bow, however if the pebblets fired from it had, let's say 1.5X the stun of a thrown pebblet, that would give it a home as a nice early game ranged weapon