Hello.

I am planning a devoted with Morningstar , specifically the Willbreaker. I am trying to decide what class I choose as Multi:

Troubador, Soulblade or Bloodmage.

The idea is basically the same, use the Willbreaker to lower defenses and apply more debuffs with the other class.

Thanks for the help

Perhaps you might consider a brute multiclass, perhaps Berserker/devoted. The reason for this is the Brute Force passive barbarian ability that allows you to target fortitude rather than will. Since the morningstar modal debuffs will, this means tons of crits for barbs wielding a morning star. Willbreaker is a classic barb weapon, and since it can debuff both fortitude and will, it makes the barb a great companion for spellcasters.

But if you want to do devoted and a spellcaster MC using willbreaker, I'd recommend bloodmage or soul blade, since both wizards and ciphers have lots of spells that target will and fortitude.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I'd recommend bloodmage or soul blade, since both wizards and ciphers have lots of spells that target will and fortitude.

A War Caller (Devoted/Troubadour or Skald) with Long Night's Drink (+ maybe Old Siec EDIT: I was thinking Howler, for War Caller another secondary chant might be more useful) can be very straightforward and powerful. With the occasional ...And Their Fear spamming. Nice, self-contained synergy between Weapon/Chant/Invocation that anyone else using RES/MIG affliction or other WILL/FORT targeting abilities can benefit from in the party.

Please do not forget to Clear Out from time to time. :)

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

I think I'd do Bloodmage (besides Berserker/Devoted which is great). There are really nice synergies with Fighter/Wizard later on. 

Chanter is also nice. Most invocations target will instead of fortitude but Willbreaker lowers will, too. But instead of Troubadour I would pick Skald. The -1 phrase cost is pretty great with offensive invocations and with Mule Kick or Clear Out + Body Blows and Disciplined Strikes you'll see phrases from crits frequently. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Waldemilson said:

Let me ask another question: if I choose a Berserker/Chanter, will my chants heal and buff the enemies when I get confused?

Yes. In general as a Berserker/Chanter, you absolutely do want to get rid of Confusion with Modwyr or Devil of Caroc breastplate or consumables. Except if you are going for the Confused version of the cheesy Gravecalling combo to spam Chillfogs until the end of time (summon skeletons, kill them with Gravecalling, that creates a foe-only Chillfog, but not foe-only anymore since Confused, summon more skellies, they are all destroyed by Chillfog creating more Chillfogs, etc. etc.) until your GPU commits suicide. :) 

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Affecting party members with Come Sweet Winds if Death isn't too bad though. You'll have more chances to hit which is mandatory for the healing effect and some party members might even profit from the little predictable damage they receive (e.g. Monks, Streetfighter, Barbarian...). 

The Phrase "Many Lives Pass By" doesn't care at all whether you're confused or not, so that would be safe.

But in general it's best to get rid of confusion right away as @Not So Clever Houndsaid.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Either a howler or witch with Willbreaker would be great, since the weapon would debuff both fortitude and will, making foes more vulnerable to many of your chants/invocations or cipher powers. If you go with howler and install the balance polishing mod and chose the Fox from the Farmer chant, you'll be a walking universal debuffer, since that chant also debuffs reflex in the BPM.