Mod does not affect the game / is not working

Hi, i try to learn modding with some simple stuff first. So i made a mod where i changed the name ID of aloths grimoire, i also swapped some spells. So nothing to serious i think. The name and spell ID comes from the grimoires above and below.

I copied the item gamebundle and put it into the following folder: Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override\Spellbooks\design\gamedata  

the  name of the gamebundle is - like the original - items.

I can activate the mod, but ingame, aloth grimoire is not affected of the changes. What might be the reason? A wrong path, an invalid ID?

This is no forum ... its a tomb.

- Boromir

to get the ID of any object in the game (just about) hover the cursor over the object, open the console and type printinstance oei_hovered

That'll copy the object's UUID (the long string of letters+numbers) to your clipboard, and you can paste it anywhere you like to save for later. Then you can use the "adding items to a store" tutorial in this subforum to add a lootlist to that object.

If you modify an item like a grimoire, it may not reflect the changes- to see if the mod is actually working, type iroll20s in the console to enable cheats, then giveitem (item's debug name or UUID)

so to add Aloth's Grimoire you can just type giveitem Aloth_Grimoire and you'll get a copy of it in your stash. That version should have any changes you made

• Like 1

Well, thats something! Do you know by any chance, how to edit drop of chests and people? Or if a items property which is filled with an ID (like the grimoires spells), only accepts an ID? Or might it  be possible to add some "If then else here"?

If you modify an item like a grimoire, it may not reflect the changes- to see if the mod is actually working, type iroll20s in the console to enable cheats, then giveitem (item's debug name or UUID)

so to add Aloth's Grimoire you can just type giveitem Aloth_Grimoire and you'll get a copy of it in your stash. That version should have any changes you made

That i learned the hard way, i was so confused xD But now it works reliable.

This is no forum ... its a tomb.

- Boromir

On 8/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, Pfeifchen said:

Well, thats something! Do you know by any chance, how to edit drop of chests and people?

Items.GameDataBundle

... has LootLists in it. 

Objects such as chests or cupboards or characters all have certain LootLists allocated to them in the same file.

You can cross-check the references. 

Search for this in the file:    "LL_       <-include the inverted commas! 

That will show you a Loot List (they start with LL_).

Some objects have specific drops, some are random, but from specific LootLists. Some have LootLists within LootLists.

(This is why my Bountiful Booty mod goes way over the top sometimes!)

Edited by Svartypops
  • Like 1