Mod Suggestion : Slayer Seaker Survivor – Standalone Run enabler

5 hours ago, Noqn said:

Sorry for the long delays on this... but now that I'm on vacation and full of energy, things are back on track!

I'm thinking about splitting items up like this:

• Grimoires, scrolls & unique accessories to Winge.
  • Unique armor & weapons to Caretta.
  • Ingredients & gems to Neale.

Winge won't trade with you until after the first challenge. Is that ok, or would it be harsh for Wizards? (They'll still get the starter Grimoire from the get-go.)

Minor annoyance for wizard, but significant reward for first fight. Go for it, it won't stop wiz from being good.

5 hours ago, Noqn said:

Otehr than that it's just tweaking the XP bonuses remaining.

Great ! I hope to hear from it soon !

• Like 2

Regarding Levels/Experience, this is what I've implemented:

:: Lv 16 ::

• Agony of the Elements
  • Trial of the Naga

:: Lv 17 ::

• Memories of a Mad Man
  • Bloodletting 

:: Lv 18 ::

• (Exploring Kazuwari)
  • Any 3 S/S/S Challenges

:: Lv 19 ::

• Contest of the S/S/S
  • Battle Royale
  • (In-Between)
  • 🐊

All challenges will grant 6000 XP and 50k cash to party. Trial of the Naga & Bloodletting will also always grant the xp needed to get to Lv17 & 18 respectively.

3x 6000xp will be enough to get from Lv18 to 19. The player can also repeat any challenges to get to lv20.

Sounds good?

I'll do another test run and then upload the current version 😀

• Like 2

Also, I've set the Artefact Challenges to unlock simultaneously with the ones you get from Kazuwari exploration (rather than right after Bloodletting).

At first I was afraid it would be hard for the player to distinguish which 3 S/S/S challenges they needed to progress, if they were unlocked together with the artefact challenges all at once... Except apparently the artefact challenges also count towards unlocking the Contest of the S/S/S, so this ended up with much more clarity than I expected.

I think I'm going to publish this feature as a separate mod as well. Skipping the whole tedious backtracking artefact hunting would be great for standard playthroughs too.

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Noqn said:

Also, I've set the Artefact Challenges to unlock simultaneously with the ones you get from Kazuwari exploration (rather than right after Bloodletting).

At first I was afraid it would be hard for the player to distinguish which 3 S/S/S challenges they needed to progress, if they were unlocked together with the artefact challenges all at once... Except apparently the artefact challenges also count towards unlocking the Contest of the S/S/S, so this ended up with much more clarity than I expected.

I think I'm going to publish this feature as a separate mod as well. Skipping the whole tedious backtracking artefact hunting would be great for standard playthroughs too.

Everything sounds great!!

If minor adjustments are needed, we could see later.

Putting the artifact hunting removal in an additional mod is a good idea, but for clarity, it is good to put it in the SSS standalone mod as well. 

• Thanks 1