Mod Suggestion : Slayer Seaker Survivor – Standalone Run enabler

The best thing with Arena content from BG serie was arguably that it enabled creating a party specifically for them.

A CRPG being around 100h of play, being able to experience a party for much shorter runs was great.

Slayer Seaker Survivor does not allow it. It is well integrated to the base game (as well as an arena game could be) but it is still the least good of the 3 DLC for me. Prolonging a run with another series of mere battles isn’t that fun.

It is a pity because the huge diversity of builds allowed by PoE2 would probably make it great.

So what about making a mod that would allow such an experience ?

What gave me the idea is that I remember a mod, probably by @Noqn, which allows the player to start at max level with every item.

Basically the closest thing from a direct access to SSS as you can steamroll Port Maje and access whatever after it. Still probably not ideal for the purpose.

Such a mod would require :

• Changing the necessary quest counters so you can go as straight as possible to SSS island
  • Giving enough xp (maybe not lvl 20) so you can face the first SSS encounters and ends at lvl 20. Maybe xp gain could be adjusted to give a more satisfying curve (like start at 16, get x4 xp, I don’t know, it would require testing)
  • Same thing with gold, taking into account you might have to hire a "lvl n-1" team and buy a couple of basic equipment.
  • Supplying SSS sellers with most items and consumables so you can adjust your build. The gold gain from encounters might have to be tweaked around it too.
  • Giving all items unlocking additional encounters on SSS island so you won’t have to run the archipelago just to catch ‘em all. (NB : The initial quests requiring you to aventure on SSS island to unlock Boar/Spider/Stalker might be kept for fluff ; they are quite short anyway)

What would you think about it ?

PS : Sorry, but I won’t be able to find time to work on it myself.

• Like 2

I'm in love with this idea!

I just did some small experiments with teleporting (and stranding) the player on SSS Island™ right after character creation by inserting scripts into the initial conversation with Eder, I thought that would be cool as well.
My head is pretty slow now that my vacation is over though, so I can't promise fast results 😅 but as I said I love this idea, I woud definitely like to finalize it.

1 minute ago, Noqn said:

I'm in love with this idea!

I just did some small experiments with teleporting (and stranding) the player on SSS Island™ right after character creation by inserting scripts into the initial conversation with Eder, I thought that would be cool as well.
My head is pretty slow now that my vacation is over though, so I can't promise fast results 😅 but as I said I love this idea, I woud definitely like to finalize it.

I would say teleporting is probably not necessary. Skipping first cavern and Dig Site is the most critical part, also Port Maje town would be appreciated (+ whatever trigger the access to DLC). Basically, as long as you can directly sail to the island, it's good.

• Thanks 1

I've really wanted to be able to go to SSS earlier since it came out. It defeats the whole point of a combat arena to have it only available at the end of the game! I tried a couple of things to see if I could make it open up after Hasongo instead of Magran's Teeth (mainly messing about with the DLCStartingScripts in the global files) but no joy. If someone can figure out just how to do that I'd be happy

• 1 month later...

Bump!

Turns out you can actually set which specific scene to play when starting a new game 😮

Spoiler
{
    "$type": "Game.GameData.GlobalGameSettingsGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
    "DebugName": "GlobalGameSettings",
    "ID": "eddfc852-ccb9-4884-b901-e77e8ca31b48",
    "Components": [
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.NewGameSettingsComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
            "NewGameStartMapID": "828ec9fe-fe79-41a7-8f8c-715741c04374",
            "NewGameShortcutMapID": "828ec9fe-fe79-41a7-8f8c-715741c04374"
        }
    ]
}

Secondly, I made a script hook for triggering the necessary stuff:

Conditionals

IsInScene Player AR_LAX01_0002_Arena_Lobby
IsGlobalValue b_Character_Creation_Complete EqualTo 0

('b_Character_Creation_Complete' is ordinarily set to 1 in the prologue, now we know that this is not a vanilla playthrough!)

Scripts

GiveItemsToObject [weapon rack] s_ItemTrigger_S4_Armoire
GiveItems LAX01_Trinket_Muatus_Head 1
CallGlobalScript s4_QuestInitialization
OpenCharacterCreation

Spoiler
{
    "$type": "Game.GameData.ModScriptHookGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
    "DebugName": "s4_ScriptHook_NewGame",
    "ID": "b852c7e3-ddab-1f47-1d82-9231b555d4a3",
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.ModScriptHookComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
            "RunOnlyOnce": "true",
            "SucceedOnlyOnce": "true",
            "Script": {
                "Conditional": {
                    "Operator": 0,
                        {
                            "$type": "OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats",
                            "Data": {
                                "FullName": "Boolean IsInScene(Guid, Guid)",
                                "Parameters": [
                                    "b1a8e901-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
                                    "828ec9fe-fe79-41a7-8f8c-715741c04374"
                                ]
                            },
                            "Not": false,
                            "Operator": 0
                        },
                        {
                            "$type": "OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats",
                                "FullName": "Boolean IsGlobalValue(String, Operator, Int32)",
                                    "b_Character_Creation_Complete",
                                    "EqualTo",
                                    "0"
                                ]
                            },
                            "Not": false,
                            "Operator": 0
                        }
                    ]
                },
                "Scripts": [
                    {
                            "FullName": "Void GiveItemsToObject(Guid, Guid, Int32)",
                                "f8b1943b-57a1-459c-ad5a-6f0892c5d092",
                                "db7dbb77-64a2-9f63-7aa3-02fe4ea80217",
                                "1"
                            ]
                        },
                            "Components": []
                        }
                    },
                    {
                            "FullName": "Void GiveItems(Guid, Int32)",
                                "9bc64890-d303-43f2-9433-a306c6d5b5c8",
                                "1"
                            ]
                        },
                        }
                    },
                    {
                            "FullName": "Void CallGlobalScript(Guid)",
                                "576c5382-fc13-c238-c7d6-30cc48f0edb8"
                            ]
                        },
                        }
                    },
                    {
                            "FullName": "Void OpenCharacterCreation()",
                            "Parameters": []
                        },
                        }
                    }
                ]
            }
        }
    ]
}

s4_QuestInitialization is basically a global script that sets up the necessary quest variables so that the SSS quest chain can proceed correctly, and is also required for the arena guard cutscene to actually trigger...

StartQuest [The Proving]
SetGlobalValue LAX1_n_talked_to_steward 2
SetGlobalValue LAX1_n_Main_Quest_01_Stage 1
SetGlobalValue LAX1_n_Main_Quest_01_Stage 2
ActivateObject [The lever that opens the door] 1

s_ItemTrigger_S4_Armoire is an item masquerading as a simple coin, except it triggers a script when it is picked up! (It also disposes of itself instantly since it has "IsCurrency: True")

Currently though it only triggers a global script which I've set to increase the Player level to 16. This has to be done separately from the scripthook which triggers Character Creation, since finalizing a new character annoyingly sets the Lv to 1 and Experience to 0... The whole "coin in a weapon rack" is the the smoothest solution I've got so far...

Spoiler
{
    "GameDataObjects": [
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.ItemGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "s_ItemTrigger_S4_Armoire",
            "ID": "db7dbb77-64a2-9f63-7aa3-02fe4ea80217",
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.ItemComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "DisplayName": 84,
                    "DescriptionText": 85,
                    "DescriptionTextTactical": -1,
                    "FilterType": "Misc",
                    "InventoryAudioEventListID": "67ea8f1c-aa5e-4c57-a1c2-b1dd87b02429",
                    "IsQuestItem": "false",
                    "IsIngredient": "false",
                    "IsCurrency": "true",
                    "IsAdventuringItem": "false",
                    "IsJunk": "false",
                    "CanSellForFullValue": "true",
                    "MaxStackSize": 1,
                    "NeverDropAsLoot": "false",
                    "CanBePickpocketed": "true",
                    "IsUnique": "false",
                    "Value": 3,
                    "IconTextureSmall": "gui/icons/items/misc/bux_silver_lusce_s.png",
                    "IconTextureLarge": "gui/icons/items/misc/bux_silver_lusce_l.png",
                    "PencilSketchTexture": "",
                    "InspectOnUseButton": [],
                    "IsPlaceholder": "false"
                },
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.DataScriptEventComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                        {
                            "Event": "OnItemCollected",
                            "Script": {
                                },
                                    {
                                            "FullName": "Void CallGlobalScript(Guid)",
                                                "f167a5dd-46c5-4580-39e8-1d9efd7ca177"
                                            ]
                                        },
                                        }
                                    }
                                ]
                            }
                        }
                    ]
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

• Like 3

Some observations/thoughts:

• It is actually not possible to enter the  Rebūtara Pass from behind, so you are effectively stranded on the island for the playthrough! (imo a feature, not a bug!)
  • Opening the Legacy History menu cannot be done in the same sequence of scripts as character creation, one will take precedence. Maybe this can be set with the "script-coin" as well?
  • Currently you have to fight the Tyrant of Decay straight away. Before having access to stores/hirelings. This is a bit brutal to fight solo so I'm thinking one of two options:
    • Instead of initializing the quest to where it is atm, push it all the way to stage "Speak with Humaire", thus skipping Tyrant of Decay.
    • Add new script-coins that instead fire the OpenCharacterCreationNewCompanion script. Maybe the initial coin could also spawn a "hireling menu"-coin in the weapon rack after picked up, which in turn would spawn another "hireling menu"-coin, and so on. This way you'd get up to a whole party for the fight. But it does not sound very seamless, tbh.
Edited by Noqn
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I've gotten as far as I can without consulting you guys for the next step in regards to design.

Starting Point

I honetly LOVE that it was possible to spawn (and trap 🙂) the player in the area from the get-go. Unless you guys disagree I'd like to keep it like this. However, there's still the question of exactly which point in the quest it's best to start the campaign...

1. As if the player just entered the Temple of Toamowhai for the first time. (Forcing the Tyrant of Decay fight.)
  2. As if the player just completed the Tyrant of Decay fight, starting the conversation with the apologizing guard.
  3. (2), but skipping the conversation with the apologizing guard. The first thing you would do is talk with Humaire.
  4. Spawn the player as though they've defeated the Tyrant of Decay and had the introduction dialogue with Humaire.

I think 1 would feel the best from a story perspective... the remaining dialogue in 2-3 would miss some context, or feel weird as an introduction dialogue (with 2 being by far the most akward I believe). However, in 1 you'd have to face a hard fight before having a chance to recruit adventurers (or recruiting them through not-very-seamless scripting).

4. Brings you imediately to being able to start the encounters, but might feel akward regarding dialogue/quests?

Starting Level & Experience gain

I agree with @Elric Galad here:

On 7/30/2021 at 5:38 PM, Elric Galad said:

Giving enough xp (maybe not lvl 20) so you can face the first SSS encounters and ends at lvl 20. Maybe xp gain could be adjusted to give a more satisfying curve (like start at 16, get x4 xp, I don’t know, it would require testing)

Another argument in favor of this is that SSS quests are Lv16 to begin with 🙂

Though I can see a case for starting level of 19-20.

Equipment / Money

What gear goes to merchants, what is given to the player by default, what goes as rewards? Also, how much starting money - enough to get the build going but not maxed out? A couple 100k?

Soulbounds

Some conditionals for non-SSS Soulbounds cannot be fulfilled, such as sailing into a thunderstorm with Lord Darryn's Voulge.

We could either...

1. Skip the impossible conditionals.
  2. Set all non-SSS Soulbounds to max level when they're collected.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think there are two ways we can go with this mod in general. Either we treat this as a real campaign, in the sense that you gradually gain levels and better equipment... or we let the player start with max level, gear, etc and just let them go wild.

Two suggestions based on this:

1. Start at Lv16, starting gear is one of each Armor & Weapon type of Superior quality (all uniques are sold by merchants/encounter rewards), Soulbounds will auto-unlock only impossible upgrades.
  2. Start at Lv20, with all (non-SSS) unique items, (non-SSS) Soulbounds will auto-unlock all stages.

What are your feelings on this, everyone? @Elric Galad@house2fly@Kvellen@Hoo

Btw, should I make a thread for taking feedback in the general/strategy forums as well? I have a hunch people over there might be interested as well.

• Like 3

This sounds like an awesome project! If the Tyrant of Decay fight is too hard, what about swapping it out with alternate enemies instead? I can't remember if the dialogue specifically mentions what enemy you faced in the first bout of the arena.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 9:36 PM, Noqn said:

I feel like I've gotten as far as I can without consulting you guys for the next step in regards to design.

Starting Point

I honetly LOVE that it was possible to spawn (and trap 🙂) the player in the area from the get-go. Unless you guys disagree I'd like to keep it like this.

Yes, it is definitely a feature.

However, there's still the question of exactly which point in the quest it's best to start the campaign...

1. As if the player just entered the Temple of Toamowhai for the first time. (Forcing the Tyrant of Decay fight.)
  2. As if the player just completed the Tyrant of Decay fight, starting the conversation with the apologizing guard.
  3. (2), but skipping the conversation with the apologizing guard. The first thing you would do is talk with Humaire.
  4. Spawn the player as though they've defeated the Tyrant of Decay and had the introduction dialogue with Humaire.

I think 1 would feel the best from a story perspective... the remaining dialogue in 2-3 would miss some context, or feel weird as an introduction dialogue (with 2 being by far the most akward I believe). However, in 1 you'd have to face a hard fight before having a chance to recruit adventurers (or recruiting them through not-very-seamless scripting).

4. Brings you imediately to being able to start the encounters, but might feel akward regarding dialogue/quests?

A fight with the Tyrant of Decay would conflict with the nature of the mod, which is meant to help you build a full custom party and experience it in battle. And even with a way to recruit before this battle, you won't be able to buy equipment, so you'll still be gimped. Even by nerfing the Tyrant, it would still be a pseudo naked Solo experience, and that is not how the mod is meant to be played, as it will put a specific constraint on your MC build (and my secret intent is of course to enable all styles of play, so people can get wild with my Balance Polishing Mod ahahahahahahahaha).

I'll avoid this battle entirely and go to point 3-4, whichever feels the less awkward. Anyway, the mod users will know this is a only mod made by players and that the dialogue won't match exactly. Point 3 feels fine to get a proper introduction even if there are a couple of weird sentences about your "previous encounter".

There might be a clever way to add back the Tyrant battle in a further version of the mod, but I won't go this way for the default/initial version.

Starting Level & Experience gain

I agree with @Elric Galad here:

Another argument in favor of this is that SSS quests are Lv16 to begin with 🙂

Though I can see a case for starting level of 19-20.

Level 16 feels sweet. Especially because it is a new Tier for everyone and Single Class even starts start getting their unique stuff at this point.

Though I'll have the main character start at level 17 so hirelings will actually be 16.

Then the experience gain shall be adjusted so your hirelings will be level 20 about 3/4 of content of the DLC (MC will be 20 sooner, and everyone will get their ultimate Tier unlocked before this point when reaching lvl 19).

Equipment / Money

What gear goes to merchants, what is given to the player by default, what goes as rewards? Also, how much starting money - enough to get the build going but not maxed out? A couple 100k?

I'll go with 100k initial gold + amount necessary to get 4 hirelings, as well as a couple of weapons/armors of each kind in exceptional quality.

I think the amount of gain shall be adjusted so you end up with several 100k gold (minus what spent). But I have no clear idea about the sweet spot.

Adjusting the Gold Gain to the right amount will probably require a bit of testing, cause I can't figure the right theoritical answer for it.

I think you can repeatly gain gold when farming the same battle several times in current SSS version. But I'm not sure. Anyway, I think this should be enabled (it was possible in black pit). Farming shall not be necessary (just a possibility when you really want to buy something before a specific battle).

I'll unlock ALL equipment* and consumables, except the ones that can be unlocked through battle. You should already have a functional full list from you previous mod. If it is not too difficult, you can allocate items to the various vendors by category.

Soulbounds

Some conditionals for non-SSS Soulbounds cannot be fulfilled, such as sailing into a thunderstorm with Lord Darryn's Voulge.

We could either...

1. Skip the impossible conditionals.
  2. Set all non-SSS Soulbounds to max level when they're collected.

*I would honnestly skip the Soulbounds with impossible conditionals for the version 1.0 of the mod.

There shouldn't be too many of them.

I guess it is not that complicated to edit the property of items to change the conditionals for something that can be fullfilled for a further version of the mod. It doesn't have to be very original. For the Voulge Tier 2, you can go with 750 shock damages (x3 Tier 1 condition).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think there are two ways we can go with this mod in general. Either we treat this as a real campaign, in the sense that you gradually gain levels and better equipment... or we let the player start with max level, gear, etc and just let them go wild.

Two suggestions based on this:

1. Start at Lv16, starting gear is one of each Armor & Weapon type of Superior quality (all uniques are sold by merchants/encounter rewards), Soulbounds will auto-unlock only impossible upgrades.
  2. Start at Lv20, with all (non-SSS) unique items, (non-SSS) Soulbounds will auto-unlock all stages.

What are your feelings on this, everyone? @Elric Galad@house2fly@Kvellen@Hoo

I'll go with the first. Getting experience is satisfying in general (that's a bit the tradmark of RPG after all) and Lvl 16 (17 for MC) is a point where you have already unlocked most of the stuff anyway, so you're already wild enough.

2. might be an option, if it's not too complicated, it might even work when combined with your other mod, nay ?

Btw, should I make a thread for taking feedback in the general/strategy forums as well? I have a hunch people over there might be interested as well.

Yeah, I think it is worth sharing there. I admit I forgot about this thread myself and only remarked you were working on it when you named me. My apologies for forgetting about it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Testlum said:

This sounds like an awesome project! If the Tyrant of Decay fight is too hard, what about swapping it out with alternate enemies instead? I can't remember if the dialogue specifically mentions what enemy you faced in the first bout of the arena.

Ok I really liked this idea, but when I looked into it I was hit by this: while all of the SSS encounters are defined in WorldMapEncounters, they contian no data on enemies whatsoever. The CreatureSpawn arrays are just dead empty.

You can edit the arena encounter prerequisites, the loot, the scripts that fire when you win the fight... but not the actual enemies. Idk if it is hardcoded somewhere else or how the game fetches that data.

• Confused 1

@Elric Galad Thanks, much appreciation for the thorough feedback! I found myself nodding to virtually everything you wrote, so I'll follow these specifications 😄

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

There might be a clever way to add back the Tyrant battle in a further version of the mod, but I won't go this way for the default/initial version.

Fair, I'll prioritize other things. One good thing is that the fight will still be available from the get-go in the Pool of Memories, so that's something.

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

This all sounds really cool!

On 10/8/2021 at 8:36 PM, Noqn said:

Starting Point

I honetly LOVE that it was possible to spawn (and trap 🙂) the player in the area from the get-go. Unless you guys disagree I'd like to keep it like this. However, there's still the question of exactly which point in the quest it's best to start the campaign...

Is it possible to start the player in the spectator stands where the conversation with Humaire takes place? This would enable the player access to the inkeeper and merchants so as to prepare before fighting the Tyrant of Decay through the pool.

I did attempt this route using the WIP script you posted (setting the map to "954d25be-df8f-4f44-8873-c3e92aa90e36") but I think I might be doing something wrong as I keep getting stuck as a ghost version of the character I created.

I agree with @Elric Galad's post. Aiming the mod towards those who have experience with Deadfire is really the best approach.

I can't personally offer much opinion when it comes to balanced I'm afraid. It's been quite a long time since I played through Deadfire and this expansion. I have yet to start a second playthrough. Most of the time I just end up loading old saves to experiment with little mods that'll go no where 😄

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, Kvellen said:

Is it possible to start the player in the spectator stands where the conversation with Humaire takes place? This would enable the player access to the inkeeper and merchants so as to prepare before fighting the Tyrant of Decay through the pool.

I think there might be a risk of sequence breaking if the player is loose before the Tyrant of Decay fight, but if it can be done it would be very nice.

I did attempt this route using the WIP script you posted (setting the map to "954d25be-df8f-4f44-8873-c3e92aa90e36") but I think I might be doing something wrong as I keep getting stuck as a ghost version of the character I created.

Sorry, forgot to mention I also edited the player prefab of the starting party 😅

{
    "$type": "Game.GameData.DebugPartySetupGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
    "DebugName": "Prologue_Party",
    "ID": "e2b099ce-0977-43b6-8e37-2937b5eb0acc",
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.DebugPartySetupComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
            "PartyLevel": 16,
            "Player": "Prefabs/Characters/Prototype/Player_VS.prefab"
        }
    ]
}

(setting 'PartyLevel' to 16 will be screwed up by opening character creation btw...)

I agree with @Elric Galad's post. Aiming the mod towards those who have experience with Deadfire is really the best approach.

Awesome, thanks for the input!

On 10/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, Elric Galad said:

So, do you plan to advertise about this project on Character Build subforum ?

Ops, forgot... I'm considering throwing together a "demo" before making a post, that way people would have something to test themselves 😄

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Noqn said:

I think there might be a risk of sequence breaking if the player is loose before the Tyrant of Decay fight, but if it can be done it would be very nice.

There shouldn't be any issues, I think... The spectator stand is where you'll normally have to go if you've taken an alternate route on the island that leads to an entrance through the east gate. After the conversation with Humaire, you can use the inn and the merchants, but challenging the Tyrant of Decay (from the pool) is still required to progress.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:42 PM, Noqn said:

s_ItemTrigger_S4_Armoire is an item masquerading as a simple coin, except it triggers a script when it is picked up! (It also disposes of itself instantly since it has "IsCurrency: True")

Currently though it only triggers a global script which I've set to increase the Player level to 16. This has to be done separately from the scripthook which triggers Character Creation, since finalizing a new character annoyingly sets the Lv to 1 and Experience to 0... The whole "coin in a weapon rack" is the the smoothest solution I've got so far...

A solution that would be smoother is adding the level up script into the conversationbundle so that it will trigger on a node (ideally the last line) in the conversation?

• Gasp! 1

52 minutes ago, Kvellen said:

A solution that would be smoother is adding the level up script into the conversationbundle so that it will trigger on a node (ideally the last line) in the conversation?

Agreed. At first I didn't want to edit conversation files at all, mainly because of the risk of conflicts with other mods. lax01_00_bs_guard_memory_pool_welcome seems like the perfect candidate though, it only contains a few barks and I can't imagine any (other) mod that would edit this convo. One of its barks will autotrigger when the door to the pool of memories is opened, and then will never play again. I put the lv-up script in it and it works well. Putting the DisplayLegacyHistoryWindow script there as well works, but the window pops up a bit abrupt.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Noqn said:

THERE'S A SECOND ENTRANCE?!

This is so much smoother, wow. @Kvellen Thank you so much 💖

I added this to the initial script hook:

1. Teleport the player to the eastern door
  2. Open the door
  3. Start the cutscene with the guard
  4. Open Character Creation
  5. Open Legacy Selection
  6. Have the Player AI walk slightly towards the guard

In this sequence the cutscene plays smoothly and both the Legacy Window and Character Creation can be opened in the same script!

Now that the player has to move to another scene (and we know for sure that they may trigger another set of script hooks) before the Tyrant of Decay encounter, I've replaced the lax01_00_bs_guard_memory_pool_welcome Lv-up script with with a second script hook which triggers when you've entered the spectator stands.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small progress update:

CallGlobalScriptAfterTimePasses will stall while the game is paused, which includes having menus open. This makes it useful for delaying certain scripts until after the Character Creation screen has been closed, rather than having to enter another scene and wait for a second scripthook to trigger. So now, directly after Character Creation, we will smoothly be granted XP to lv 16 and the Superior-tier gear, then have the Legacy History window be displayed!

It's thankfully possible to block off the parts in Engari's conversation which triggers the optional artifact-seeking quests without having to edit the convo file itself. (Since we want to enable their corresponding challenges by default, having the dialogue and quests popping up would've been akward and misleading.) All the relevant convo nodes has HasConversationNodeBeenPlayed conditionals, and can be prevented from playing by utilizing MarkConversationNodeAsRead scripts.

What remains:

1. Generate unique base campaign items into SSS vendor inventories.
  2. Increase experience and gold gain throughout the campaign. (I think I will do this using the ArenaEncounterComponent's WinScripts property, giving bonuses to encounters if this is a Standalone Seeker Slayer Survivor playthrough and it was the first time the encounter was completed.)
  3. Implement the Engari convo blockers.

I actually tested and completed the campaign with this mod just now! (by spamming KillAllEnemies in the console ofc 😇)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Noqn said:

Small progress update:

CallGlobalScriptAfterTimePasses will stall while the game is paused, which includes having menus open. This makes it useful for delaying certain scripts until after the Character Creation screen has been closed, rather than having to enter another scene and wait for a second scripthook to trigger. So now, directly after Character Creation, we will smoothly be granted XP to lv 16 and the Superior-tier gear, then have the Legacy History window be displayed!

It's thankfully possible to block off the parts in Engari's conversation which triggers the optional artifact-seeking quests without having to edit the convo file itself. (Since we want to enable their corresponding challenges by default, having the dialogue and quests popping up would've been akward and misleading.) All the relevant convo nodes has HasConversationNodeBeenPlayed conditionals, and can be prevented from playing by utilizing MarkConversationNodeAsRead scripts.

What remains:

1. Generate unique base campaign items into SSS vendor inventories.
  2. Increase experience and gold gain throughout the campaign. (I think I will do this using the ArenaEncounterComponent's WinScripts property, giving bonuses to encounters if this is a Standalone Seeker Slayer Survivor playthrough and it was the first time the encounter was completed.)
  3. Implement the Engari convo blockers.

I actually tested and completed the campaign with this mod just now! (by spamming KillAllEnemies in the console ofc 😇)

Isn't there an xp multiplier global variable ? It would fit the purpose for xp. 

Or maybe it is needed to actually give xp when battle are repeated ?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

Isn't there an xp multiplier global variable ? It would fit the purpose for xp.

I was thinking that if we mod the xp multiplier, it would also affect vanilla playthroughs while SSSS is enabled in the mod manager. Also this way I think we can more easily fine-tune the xp gain so that the player reaches lv20 at the end of the campaign.

Also nevermind what I wrote about only giving xp the first time an encounter is completed. We want to give the bonus xp/gold on repeated completions, is that correct?

Edited by Noqn

6 minutes ago, Noqn said:

I was thinking that if we mod the xp multiplier, it would also affect vanilla playthroughs while SSSS is enabled in the mod manager. Also this way I think we can more easily fine-tune the xp gain so that the player reaches lv20 at the end of the campaign.

Also nevermind what I wrote about only giving xp the first time an encounter is completed. We want to give the bonus xp/gold on repeated completions, is that correct?

I think this would be legit.

Black pits allowed XP farming.

It's not like the normal game where you can quit and come back later.

Also it would make adjusting the xp gain less critical. On a direct playthrough, one should reach lvl for hirelings close from the end, but if one want to play through the whole DLC with lvl20 characters, I think it's better to allow this option.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the long delays on this... but now that I'm on vacation and full of energy, things are back on track!

I'm thinking about splitting items up like this:

• Grimoires, scrolls & unique accessories to Winge.
  • Unique armor & weapons to Caretta.
  • Ingredients & gems to Neale.

Winge won't trade with you until after the first challenge. Is that ok, or would it be harsh for Wizards? (They'll still get the starter Grimoire from the get-go.)

Otehr than that it's just tweaking the XP bonuses remaining.

• Like 2