More variability on weapon based mutations

(This is an edit from a post I made already in the "Suggested Game Ideas From Fans" board)

As of right now I played my fair share of Grounded since it's release and every time an update is made I restart a new game. From what I've learned its easy enough to get Tier 1 items, REALLY hard to get Tier 2 items and a breeze to get Tier 3 items. I personally think the weapon selection is a little bit unbalanced, the weapon types selection is rather large but there's no to little reasons to select anything else than a club to fight. Since I'm not a club type kind of guy because I think they take too much stamina and are pretty slow I would love having more flexibility when choosing a weapon type, more than based only on the output damage value itself. I think balancing the weapon selection by using different mutation effects would give the player more reasons to chose an other type of weapon and would add to the "playing with friends" experience since every player could develop a specialization.

For exemple:

• Javelineer
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed with spear type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 25% more attack speed and 40% more attack speed under water with spear type weapons
  • Assassin
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus stun ability with dagger type weapons
    • lvl 3 35% extra damage plus stun ability and permanent poison when striking with dagger type weapons (Mutation poison effect stack up with poison effect from gear like spider fang dagger)
  • Chopper
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus reduced stamina needed from strikes by 10% with axe type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus reduced stamina needed from strikes by 20% and continuous striking with axe type weapons (Like spears and daggers)
  • Barbarian
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus damage received when blocking reduced by 40% with club type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus damage received when blocking reduced by 75% with club type weapons
  • Smasher
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage plus 15% more attack speed with hammer type weapons
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 25% more attack speed and drop insects defense by 15% (On shell type insects) with hammer type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 35% more attack speed and drop insects defense by 40% (On shell type insects) with hammer type weapons
  • Sharpshooter
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed with ranged type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed and first hit on enemies stun them for 3 seconds with ranged type weapons

I hope my suggestion doesn't sound too overpower I had in mind to not give too much power to mutations. The idea behind was essentially to add more personality to each weapon types and smooth the difficulty curve to get from Tier 1 items to Tier 2 by using a bit of grinding.

I like this alot, the values do seem a tad stronger then i think they should be. For example Sharpshooter lvl 3 with 30% more damage and 10% attack speed adding in the Marksman's cap armor's 15% i think? Might get a little range heavy i already find myself falling back to a crossbow for alot of fights.