Could someone gives me a Berserker/Devoted Brute build.

If Disciplined Strikes gets suppressed by all means use Tactical Barrage instead. Not only +1 Power Level and +5 INT - which is beneficial for your AoEs and durations - but can also be used to counter Berserker Frenzy's confusion. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Maybe I was thinking about Frenzy and Swift Strikes and I assumed that Tactical Barrage is suppressed by Frenzy too. However they should stack indeed because the hit to crit from Frenzy applies only to melee weapons, while the one from Disciplined Strikes works with all attacks.

48 minutes ago, mangamancer said:

Are there any other abilities/passives of Barbarian/Devoted that I should lookout for les they suppress one another?

The other thing you may watch out for are weapon modals:

if for some (odd :)) reason you wanted to Devote to Rapiers AND use Warrior/Conqueror Stance... the weapon modal +ACC wouldn't stack with your +ACC from the Stance.

Also if you have a +PEN weapon modal (e..g Haymaker on Fists) it won't stack with Tenacious so basically don't use the modal then. But the +PEN from Tenacious will stack with Devoted and Hot Razor Skewers for instance (it will stack once you save/reload after eating the food). Total PEN-fest.

Regarding the Passives (so all the stuff on the right of your Abilities screen) you can go safely as all those effects stack with one another and with Active effects.

16 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Yep, they're treated as Active effects unfortunately so they won't stack with similar Active effects applied.

there are some cases where you can take advantage of this (a bit, or at least it won't hurt as much).

e.g. two of the shield modals give you a recovery penalty. many weapon modals give you a worse recovery penalty. it means that if you're doing sword and board and you turn on a weapon modal, you can turn on your shield modal for no downside.

• Like 2

Okay, I logged 56 hits in the combat log with Disciplined Strikes + Berserker Frenzy and am no smarter than before. Of course 56 isn't a big sample size but I thought it could give a slight hint - but it doesn't really:

Hits done: 56
Conversions: 20 (35.7%)
Conversions by Berserker Frenzy: 9
Conversions by Disciplined Strikes: 11

With fully stacking conversions one would expect 47.5% conversion rate. 35.7 is better than 30% or 25% but not near 47.5%. 🤷‍♂️ You might find it funny that Berserker Frenzy did less conversions than Intuitive - but I guess Intuitive was just the first to try - if it triggers BF doesn't get a chance. I didn't check if the order in which you activate the abilites plays a role here (I mean which one will get checked first). Don't think that it matters. 

Guess more attacks are needed to be sure but I don't want to do this. It's incredibly boring work. ;) 

I also later added Bloody Slaughter, Uncanny Luck and Barbaric Smash and did some attacks that I didn't log on a spreadsheet. I used Swift FLurry/HBD and two Sun & Moons to generate a lot of rolls in a short time - after enough attacks all the conversion abilities got at least listed once in the log. So they all seem to get checked at some point.

Given the hints (char sheet, tooltips, combat logs so/so) I'll go out on a limb here and continue to state that conversions always stack (including B-Frenzy and Disciplined Strikes) - until somebody else takes the time and proves me wrong. ;)  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

I just did some testing too and I'm none the wiser... I tried with WotEP + Clear Out and Autoattacks on a large group to generate lots of attacks but the combat log became incredibly messy between the actual Weapon Attacks, the Interrupt logs, Carnage, the additional Hits when Clear Out pushes enemies re-triggering Carnage, Offensive Parry... 🤯

With that being said, in my case the ONLY hit > crit conversions I saw in this stream of data were from Intuitive... and the conversion rate was definitely not in the 50% range, it was much lower. BUT in any case the data I captured is too messy to be conclusive of anything. :( 

Carnage can't crit and it doesn't get converted from hit to crit. That might have messed with your impression.

I went with dual Sun&Moon + Swift Flurry/HBD on a Berserker/Fighter/Monk (lvl 20) because the log mostly lists relevant attack rolls then (and you can generate dozens of attack rolls with just one strike). And it's best to not have too high ACC against test dummies - else you'll see so many natural crits that you really have to search for hits and hit-crit conversions. ;)

I don't know if this approach has any other hidden problems that might mess with the outcome though. I was just too lazy and too impatient to really wait for a lot of normal auto-attacks to happen. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Carnage can't crit and it doesn't get converted from hit to crit. That might have messed with your impression.

Yep I know and I didn't take those into account. But thanks for pointing it out. Good to know about S&M + swift flurry and heartbeat drumming doing less clutter in the log.

If anyone has a less tedious way of testing this, please let me know. If not, personally I can live with the question left unanswered :).