The first three all work (I would recommend another Paladin subclass though because Flames of Devotion isn't really important solo and it's the only thing the Bleak Walker excels in) - but /Bloodmage will be the most powerful and also versatile multiclass option because you can combine all your buffs, healing over time and especially Barring Death's Door with Wall of Draining - then they will last for the whole fight. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The first three all work (I would recommend another Paladin subclass though because Flames of Devotion isn't really important solo and it's the only thing the Bleak Walker excels in) - but /Bloodmage will be the most powerful and also versatile multiclass option because you can combine all your buffs, healing over time and especially Barring Death's Door with Wall of Draining - then they will last for the whole fight. 

I don’t like Bleak Walker, but it’s only BW or Steel Garrote that combines with Magran Priest.

Thanks for the suggestion , I will try the BM. Magran’s Favor and Sun and Moon would me my weapons of choice, am I right?

I personally would use Steel Garrote because the passive healing can be nice - but you'll have to make sure to afflict enemies before. But it doesn't matter much I guess. I thought Goldpact would work with Magran but haven't played paladin/priest for ages so I guess I was wrong. :)

When going solo you shouldn't stick to a particular weapon setup all the time. For example against fire-resistant/immune foes that "fire-power" setup will do not much for you. Keeping it in a second weapon slot for the times you want to cast your fire stuff is good though imo. 

My main weapon setup would include a shield. Paladin's strength is his defenses - putting a shield on top makes this even better because defense values have increasing returns. And for example the medium shield modal only slows down your melee attacks but not your casting. So that's a good defensive boost without a drawback (while casting buffs at the start of battle for example). I am a loved of large shields in this game due to the awesome modal. It's perfect to open combat and cast all your buffs (which don't need accuracy) in rel. peace and once you're buffed up switch setup and go full attack mode. It also helps a LOT to survive the gun/crossbow onslaught that happens at the start of boarding fights. 

But all the talk was for Paladin which you don't use anyway (sorry). 

But with Bloodmage/Magran I would actually do the same: use a large shield while buffing up (no acc needed) and only then switch to your "offense mode". Instead of Sun & Moon etc. you could also look at Chromoprismatic Staff (also PL bonuses but not only fire) or Blightheart (+10% corrosive lash for all your damaging spells - cool - and also a healing effect that can be prolonged with Wall of Draining and/or Salvation of Time).

High AR is great when going solo. Wizard has Spirit Shield and Iron Skin which are great in combination with a heavy armor. Of course you won't need that once Barring Death's Door + Wall of Draining is on. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks for the paladin tips. 
I like pallys, they are always my first choice in rpgs. Here in Deadfire, my favorites are the Goldpact, I tried do a Stalker/Goldpact, but in the first levels I found him too boring, it’s two classes that I like but they are too much “passive oriented”. 
that’s why I always try to mix paladin with some another class with more actives skills.

For the Templar, the Goldpact would be fine with Eothas or Berath, Wael and Woedica isn’t choices that I like.