Jump to content

The all things Political Topic - When the sun Rises, the shadows must retreat Fleeing in fear from the Fires of dawn


Gorth

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

May God protect us from ever having one of those.

HahahAA

 

“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” 

-Ulysses S. Grant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Introducing the “love America” act
 

So the idea is to counter propagandist indoctrination with propagandist indoctrination? Let me know how that works out. 

According to Goebbels it’s very effective. This sounds like someone wanting to pull a Turkey on people, cracking down on anyone not drooling, with a slack jawed expression and showing proper nationalist attitudes (or worse calling the murder of a million Armenians genocide)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it can't happen here

not our favorite sinclair lewis novel, but it is disturbing how a book meant to warn 1930s americans as the public increasingly embraced nativism and worse isms feels all too relevant today w/o being alarmist. 

guys like trump and hawley is characters straight outta a cautionary tale that nobody remembers or has chosen to forget.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I am the expert, asshat." - Hurlsnot

"You need to be careful, lest I write another ten page essay on mythology and how it relates to Sailor Moon." - majestic

"I won't say what just in case KaineParker is reading" - Bartimaeus

"Oh no! Is there super secret ending as well? I don’t care." - Wormerine

"Get some poor minorities, that keeps WASPs away easy." - Malcador

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

1*SBbahfPl3M8Jfb1yUBgdGQ.gif

colin farrell sounding as if he knows what is a "paradox." now that is acting.

earlier article

"Of the 20 addresses visited most by its dedicated enforcement teams, more than half were home to middle- or high-schoolers who were identified as targets."

...

"Today, the Sheriff’s Office has a 30-person intelligence-led policing section with a $2.8 million budget, run by a former senior counterterrorism analyst who was assigned to the National Counterterrorism Center. The No. 2 is a former Army intelligence officer.

"Twenty analysts scour police reports, property records, Facebook pages, bank statements and surveillance photos to help deputies across the agency investigate crimes, according to the agency’s latest intelligence-led policing manual."

...

"“This reduction in property crime has a direct, positive impact on the lives of the citizens of Pasco County and, for that, we will not apologize,” one of the statements said. “Our first and primary mission is to serve and protect our community and the Intelligence Led Policing philosophy assists us in achieving that mission.”

"But Pasco’s drop in property crimes was similar to the decline in the seven-largest nearby police jurisdictions. Over the same time period, violent crime increased only in Pasco."

...

however, if you are looking for a bright spot...

"Pasco is an overwhelmingly white county, and the program did not appear to disproportionately target people based on race."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

More proof that California is not some kind of egalitarian progressive example but some kind of dystopian corporate controlled overly regulated hellhole.

Obsidian why do you still reside in that state?  What was once a beacon virtue is now completely bought out and paid for by s--tbags.

“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” 

-Ulysses S. Grant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.marketplace.org/2021/03/17/why-cant-companies-find-workers-they-need-unemployment-is-high/

This is just one link that raises the real reality and problems with state sponsored payments like UBI and stimulus payments

So one of concerns raised is " this will lead to people not wanting to work because they realize they can live off government payments ". Of course this typically gets dismissed by liberals, Socialists and some  Democrats who espouse this type of real risk  . But this is now exactly what you see in the US in certain sectors

And its interesting how in the article they  do post the counter argument which is  "“If they paid more, they could attract more people,” she suggested" .....its an unhelpful solution because now the suggestion is " you must ensure you match the massive stimulus benefits to get people to actually work " .....nice first world Socialist solution to that one :lol:

We must never forget that the entire success and economic sustainability of almost all economies requires people to also contribute towards the tax base and real GDP. So any suggestion that somehow their now is a choice between work and living off the welfare state is absurd and creates  long term economic problems 

So we must ensure that the overall implementation of systems like UBI is not a real solution to address unemployment or inequality  because you can see the  potential and real problems right now ...and this is the US, wealthiest country in the world 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

So we must ensure that the overall implementation of systems like UBI is not a real solution to address unemployment or inequality  because you can see the  potential and real problems right now ...and this is the US, wealthiest country in the world

I dont think UBI is necessarily meant to address unemployment, more so its a supplement intended to raise the baseline standard of living. For example, my lord and savior Andrew Yang proposed 1k / adult / month. Since its just me and my wife living here now thats only 2k / month. We couldnt quit our jobs on that and our monthly bills greatly exceed that. But it would significantly reduce the pressures of life, increase spending potential, and I cant state this strongly enough, I would finally be able to pursue my dreams of becoming an international interpretive dancing star. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.marketplace.org/2021/03/17/why-cant-companies-find-workers-they-need-unemployment-is-high/

This is just one link that raises the real reality and problems with state sponsored payments like UBI and stimulus payments

So one of concerns raised is " this will lead to people not wanting to work because they realize they can live off government payments ". Of course this typically gets dismissed by liberals, Socialists and some  Democrats who espouse this type of real risk  . But this is now exactly what you see in the US in certain sectors

And its interesting how in the article they  do post the counter argument which is  "“If they paid more, they could attract more people,” she suggested" .....its an unhelpful solution because now the suggestion is " you must ensure you match the massive stimulus benefits to get people to actually work " .....nice first world Socialist solution to that one :lol:

We must never forget that the entire success and economic sustainability of almost all economies requires people to also contribute towards the tax base and real GDP. So any suggestion that somehow their now is a choice between work and living off the welfare state is absurd and creates  long term economic problems 

So we must ensure that the overall implementation of systems like UBI is not a real solution to address unemployment or inequality  because you can see the  potential and real problems right now ...and this is the US, wealthiest country in the world 

Still nothing wrong with getting a wage that allows you and your partner to survive without slaving away at two jobs each, simultaneously and then have the bank seize your home when little George breaks his leg in a freak accident. The way it works at the moment, in many parts of the world (including parts of the US) is very similar to the feudal system, where you're completely at the mercy of your liege and their whims. Including financial institutions happily gambling your money away to get the bonus they need for their CEO's second yacht.

Edit: I doubt the usual solution to this problem would be appreciated... Roll them in pitch and torch them or off to the Guillotine once enough is enough.

Edit2: UBI is never going to work as a patch on the problem, it will only lead to explosive inflation and the top 1% getting richer still, while the rest keep getting poorer.

  • Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gorth said:

UBI is never going to work as a patch on the problem, it will only lead to explosive inflation and the top 1% getting richer still, while the rest keep getting poorer.

Im willing to roll those dice. :lol: All we have to do is "tax the rich" and all our societal problems will melt away like an Antarctic glacier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you’ve been watching the news in the United States you would be under the impression that violent crime is exploding across the country. Particularly in the big cities. Maybe it is. I couldn’t say for sure. Don’t care enough to do any research. Of course some folks are associating the rise in crime with the “defund the police” movement. Again possibly true but I don’t care enough to actually research it. But I do know a couple of stories have surface lately where certain mayors in politicians have been spending lavishly of the tax payers money on private security. All while talking the talk about defunding the police. I don’t know if they’re actually defunding the police or not, again don’t care. But this was interesting Former US senator Barbara boxer assaulted and robbed in Oakland

fortunately she wasn’t hurt. But apparently even a former US senator is not safe. 

Hell will freeze before you ever again see me in a city larger than Covington. And as for crime, well I seriously doubt anyone’s going to go looking in the sticks for houses to break into. It’s generally accepted  that is an unhealthy activity to say the very least.

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gorth said:

 

Edit2: UBI is never going to work as a patch on the problem, it will only lead to explosive inflation and the top 1% getting richer still, while the rest keep getting poorer.

You were spot on the money on that observation. That thousand dollars a month of UBI will be meaningless when it has a quarter of the purchasing power.

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

If you’ve been watching the news in the United States you would be under the impression that violent crime is exploding across the country. Particularly in the big cities. Maybe it is. I couldn’t say for sure. Don’t care enough to do any research. Of course some folks are associating the rise in crime with the “defund the police” movement. Again possibly true but I don’t care enough to actually research it. But I do know a couple of stories have surface lately where certain mayors in politicians have been spending lavishly of the tax payers money on private security. All while talking the talk about defunding the police. I don’t know if they’re actually defunding the police or not, again don’t care. But this was interesting Former US senator Barbara boxer assaulted and robbed in Oakland

fortunately she wasn’t hurt. But apparently even a former US senator is not safe. 

Hell will freeze before you ever again see me in a city larger than Covington. And as for crime, well I seriously doubt anyone’s going to go looking in the sticks for houses to break into. It’s generally accepted  that is an unhealthy activity to say the very least.

Locally, there's been a rash of road rage incidents that started as traffic began going back to normal (surprise, you can't go 90+ MPH on the expressway anymore), more robberies (which typically have been opportunistic and desperate) and more random violence (signs, perhaps, of people going a little weird during lockdown, or having to wait to settle grudges until their target left their house).  There really hasn't been a defunding of police (although stories have indicated police morale is way down).

The Boxer incident seems to fall in the opportunistic snatch and grab (and run) variety.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

Being a product of patriarchy I'm probably not capable of understanding on my own, so I would need some progressive explain to me how is that ok:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-gives-female-inmates-condoms-plan-b-after-state-forces-them-to-stay-with-transgenders

image.gif.817f54f47b4506650d631bedf58bb9e9.gif

:lol:

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Being a product of patriarchy I'm probably not capable of understanding on my own, so I would need some progressive explain to me how is that ok:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-gives-female-inmates-condoms-plan-b-after-state-forces-them-to-stay-with-transgenders

In the same vein, how is this allowed: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57549653 (Transwoman in the olympics).

South Park predicted this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d like to tell you guys a story if you will indulge me a moment. It ties into the last two posts and a lot of the other stuff I’ve been saying over the years. I grew up in a flyspeck little town called Orange Lake Florida. It was known for two things. The titular lake and a truckstop that everybody agreed serve the best fried chicken in the whole state at the time. I don’t know what the population was but if it was more than 1000 I would’ve been surprised.
 

Well one of those thousand was an old man named Mr. Unold. As far as everyone in town knew mister. was his first name. Mr. Unold never left his house, and never said a word to anyone. He sat on the front porch of his house in his rocking chair all day long rocking back-and-forth and laughing. If people walked by he laughed at them. If no one walked by he laughed at nothing. All the kids thought he was crazy. In my later years I’ve come to realize that he was not crazy. He was actually pretty wise and had things figured out.
 

You see the world is crazy. It’s a s—show. A dumpster fire we all just keep pouring gasoline in. Living in the world entails listening to people saying the most ridiculous and absurd things with a straight face and the complete expectation that you will take them seriously. Mr. Unold just stopped doing that. You can’t save the world and it doesn’t want you to anyway. The world likes being the hot mess it is. So all a man can do is sit back in his rocking chair and laugh while it burns. So if you guys ever come to my house and I’m sitting on my front porch in my rocking chair laughing no need to be concerned. I just figured things out.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"What can't be changed must be endured"

Robert Jordan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

If an old man laughs from a porch and theres no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Assuming he's not deaf, he hears it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

 

 

In general, I wonder why this is the case? 🤔 If two consenting adult prisoners want to bump uglies, whats the problem? Somethingsomething one has power over the other, thus it cant be consensual?

Prisoners can't consent to sex with prison guards or other members of prison staff or law enforcement, because those have power to punish and otherwise make life harder for prisoners, so it almost impossible to say if prisoner agreed to have sex because they wanted it or because they feared consequences if they don't agree on the sex. But usually sex between two prisoners is by default considered to be consensual, but of course that depends on prison and state/country. Although because rules are usually written from perspective of heterosexuals, so they may not actually even consider that prisoners in all male/female prison would have sex with each other.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

some gender bias at work in this thread. trans prisoners, significant outnumbered by women prisoners in a ca prison setting, is gonna be the folks we assume is most in danger from being forced into sex acts against their will by fellow inmates. not saying the reverse is impossible, but am thinking one reason why transfer numbers were initially so low is precise 'cause only the most desperate trans prisoners were gonna considers such a dangerous option. however, time passed and the nightmare stories o' forced geldings did not materialize.

the trans prisoners is gonna be abused wherever they go, but it turns out the women population is not as bad as is the men.

HA! Good Fun!

  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...