Hello everybody ! Thank you for reading my post. I have been visiting this forum countless times, it has been a goldmine of information for PoE 1. In PoE 1 I did a Barbarian and he was very efficient, especially with the priest's buffs and heals. However I have heard barbarians and priests are weaker in PoE2 and since I plan to play PotD I'm afraid of making a mistake. So this time around I'm thinking of rolling a Kind Wayfarer Chanter who tanks, buffs and heals, alongside some help from the druid for buffing and healing too, instead of relying solely on the priest, who did almost no damage in my playthrough of PoE 1. So which would be be best out of these two teams in PoE 2?

PC Barbarian, Swashbuckler, Priest, Wizard, Ranger

PC Paladin, Swashbuckler, Druid,Wizard, Ranger

hey welcome, sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet!

On 7/13/2021 at 7:39 AM, John1789 said:

However I have heard barbarians and priests are weaker in PoE2 and since I plan to play PotD I'm afraid of making a mistake.

barbarians and priests are "weaker" in poe2, but that shouldn't be a cause for concern because they could be stupid good in poe1. By far the biggest downgrade for barbarian is the much less generous carnage damage and aoe. but barbarians are still very effective. priests still have great support capabilities, they just aren't an omni-carry for your entire party like they were in poe1. (the way i've described it in the past - the priest was so good that basically my poe1 games could really be divided into two sections, before-"devotions for the faithful" and after-"devotions for the faithful", such is the step change in power due to certain abilities)

On 7/13/2021 at 7:39 AM, John1789 said:

PC Barbarian, Swashbuckler, Priest, Wizard, Ranger

PC Paladin, Swashbuckler, Druid,Wizard, Ranger

hm, none of these include a chanter like you mentioned! i hope you know that poe2 has party-size of five, not six.

of the two options personally i think the second is stronger. A priest actually doesn't have a whole lot of healing capabilities on PotD compared to poe1 - in terms of sustain they're good for emergencies and revives until really late game when you get things like minor intercession or hand of weal and woe; so your first option is kinda brittle. the second option gives you a ton more sustain (paladin lay on hands, druid has tons of good heals), which might be better for a first time pass on poe2 PotD (which I find to be generally much harder than poe1).

Edited by thelee

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:47 PM, thelee said:

hey welcome, sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet!

barbarians and priests are "weaker" in poe2, but that shouldn't be a cause for concern because they could be stupid good in poe1. By far the biggest downgrade for barbarian is the much less generous carnage damage and aoe. but barbarians are still very effective. priests still have great support capabilities, they just aren't an omni-carry for your entire party like they were in poe1. (the way i've described it in the past - the priest was so good that basically my poe1 games could really be divided into two sections, before-"devotions for the faithful" and after-"devotions for the faithful", such is the step change in power due to certain abilities)

hm, none of these include a chanter like you mentioned! i hope you know that poe2 has party-size of five, not six.

of the two options personally i think the second is stronger. A priest actually doesn't have a whole lot of healing capabilities on PotD compared to poe1 - in terms of sustain they're good for emergencies and revives until really late game when you get things like minor intercession or hand of weal and woe; so your first option is kinda brittle. the second option gives you a ton more sustain (paladin lay on hands, druid has tons of good heals), which might be better for a first time pass on poe2 PotD (which I find to be generally much harder than poe1).

Thank you very much for your reply. I did not get a notification. I went with Watcher Herald, Eder Swashbuckler, Xoti Monk, Tekehu Druid, Aloth Wizard. So far it's going great and at over 100 hours I'm still having a blast.

• Like 3