KOTOR2 Planets

I think that in KOTOR2 players should finally be able to see Mandalore. Canderous Ordo was certanly an interesting character, and HK-47 passed through Mandalore. Boba Fett (I will not dignify Jango) is a Mandalorian. I think it would be interesting if Star Wars fans were finally able to explore the planet. Even if it isn't at its former glory it would definatly be a departure from the norm and quite interesting.

I think Naboo would be interesting at this time. The human colanists would be reciently arrived and in conflict with the native gungans. The PC could have a side quest to prevent open war and hence enable the alliance that will eventualy defeat the Trade Federation.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

What I would really like is that the last level is on a Sith planet where you have to battle your way through Sith Lord's in order to get to the boss. I didn't particular care for being on the Star Forge. I would've like it more if I still had side quest and objectives while slowly but surely making my way through a Sith dominated world all the way to Malak. I hope something like this is implemented for KOTOR 2.

-Samori

I hope Manan doesn't make an appearance in this game...I found Manan to be rather boring. The underwater portion of the game was horrible because it took your character forever to walk anyway with the stupid diving suit on.

I wish I could see the cloud city in the game. (I forget what the plannet is called.) It would be cool if we stand on the top of the tower and look at the surroundings. See the cloud and the spaceship flying by, that my be a great scene. Also, remember to add the interoir of the factory, and maybe a sith in black with a black mask plus freaky breathing sound and say "I am YOUR FATHER!".... :p

As for Mannan, I wish this time we go to other place, say Mon Calameri... (Do you guys remember the octopus head Adm. Ackbar?) That plannet has more isles and might be easier for developers to create more funny places. :)

I would imagine Bespin cloud city hasn't been built yet, but there is no reason not to include something similar.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I hope Manan doesn't make an appearance in this game...I found Manan to be rather boring. The underwater portion of the game was horrible because it took your character forever to walk anyway with the stupid diving suit on.

I quite liked the underwater bits as a change of pace, but it would have got frustrating had they been any bigger.

I would've been fine with the underwater sections if I had been able to use Master Speed on both of them. But considering on the Leviathian I had to stay at my regular pace it was nothing short of maddening. But it was just for a few seconds so it wasn't all that big of a deal for me. As long as I'm not running away from somebody.

-Samori

Where you playing on the PC or X-box version? Is the slowdown the same for both or is it more pronounced on the X-box?

They might be different. I played on the PC. From what I've heard it plays much better but has more bugs. Crashes a lot before you get the patch. Plays much better afterwards. But anyway it doesn't go TOO slow when you have speed on. Plus the sequence is short enough where you can have speed all the way through. Except on Mannan where you go to the actual Star Map. That time it's just a tad too long and you have to go a little ways without speed. Otherwise it's not really all that bad.

-Samori

I would imagine Bespin cloud city hasn't been built yet, but there is no reason not to include something similar.

There is already a space station or two in the game, that is probably as close to Bespin as it is going to get.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Mandalore was a man and a great leader, not a planet. The Mandalorians had the name because of their bad ass head honcho.

And since Mandalore himself didn't die long before the events of KOTOR, I think he would be particularily stupid that the homeworld of the Mandalorians be named after a guy that's been around just for a handful of decades give or take.

I mean, we have Christians, Marxists and bunch of other groups named as such. And last I checked, Jesus wasn't a planet or country. ;)

I think there have been many Mandalores who have lead the Mandalorians. Maybe Candarous could be the new Mandalore? I don't know anything about a homeworld.

As for Manaan, I doubt there is any call to revisit that world. It seems most likely that it will have fallen to the Sith. In SL there may be Selketh refugees kicking about other worlds. As the model already exists it may as well be used to make up the ambiant alien population. The possibilty of encountering Selketh Sith can't be ruled out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Mandalore was a man and a great leader, not a planet. The Mandalorians had the name because of their bad ass head honcho.

And since Mandalore himself didn't die long before the events of KOTOR, I think he would be particularily stupid that the homeworld of the Mandalorians be named after a guy that's been around just for a handful of decades give or take.

I mean, we have Christians, Marxists and bunch of other groups named as such. And last I checked, Jesus wasn't a planet or country. :)

Madalore is a planet it is mentioned several times in the game.

I mean, we have Christians, Marxists and bunch of other groups named as such. And last I checked, Jesus wasn't a planet or country.  :lol:

Madalore is a planet it is mentioned several times in the game.

Mandalore is a person. Canderous mentions that Revan kills him. I've played the game about 3 times as a light side jedi and about 5 as a dark side jedi. Never once is Mandalore mentioned as a planet. That's not to say that it's not but that is to say that the game doesn't mention it in such a way.

I have a couple of questions however. I'm not very well versed in Star Wars lore. I've only seen the movies and now played KOTOR. So here's my questions: Are the Mandalorians a race or just a jumbled group of people? Were they created just for the KOTOR or have they been involved in Star Wars for quite a while? And last what was so great about Exar Kun that he deserves so much mention in KOTOR when he has nothing directly to do with the game? If somebody could answer these questions for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

-Samori

If not in error its Mandalar the planet name but really nobody (except Fett lovers) given much of a f*** about that place.

The worst a game can do is fan service, the Fett fetish is something that sould be avoided.

drakron.png

Are the Mandalorians a race or just a jumbled group of people?

I believe that they are a race...

Were they created just for the KOTOR or have they been involved in Star Wars for quite a while?

Boba Fett has Mandalorian Armor...

And last what was so great about Exar Kun that he deserves so much mention in KOTOR when he has nothing directly to do with the game?

He's the Dark Lord of the Sith, before Revan and Malak, but that's all I know about him...

I don't know much about EU, but maybe Mandalore is a title you take when you become the leader of the planet Mandalore...

I'm not sure about all of these mainly because my knowledge of EU is limited, so correct me if I'm wrong and elaborate if I'm right...

As for Renegade question.

The Fetts are humans using mandalorian stuff (Jango was a orphan raised by the mandalorian supercommandos), there have never been much about mandalorians except I think a Marvel comic shown then as predator looking.

As for Kun ... he was in the Tales of the Jedi comics that takes place about 40 years before the game, its shows up the same way WW II and Hitler shows up today.

drakron.png

Are the Mandalorians a race or just a jumbled group of people?

I believe that they are a race...

Were they created just for the KOTOR or have they been involved in Star Wars for quite a while?

Boba Fett has Mandalorian Armor...

And last what was so great about Exar Kun that he deserves so much mention in KOTOR when he has nothing directly to do with the game?

He's the Dark Lord of the Sith, before Revan and Malak, but that's all I know about him...

I don't know much about EU, but maybe Mandalore is a title you take when you become the leader of the planet Mandalore...

I'm not sure about all of these mainly because my knowledge of EU is limited, so correct me if I'm wrong and elaborate if I'm right...

What does EU stand for?

-Samori

I mean, we have Christians, Marxists and bunch of other groups named as such. And last I checked, Jesus wasn't a planet or country.