Add weather such as rain, fog and mist.

I think there should be weather like rain, fog and mist. For the rain you would have the potential to be killed by the rain if you don't have something more than a lean-to to shelter in because the rain drops would be almost as big as the player. If you watch the sprinkler scene in Honey I Shrunk the kids you will see what I mean. The rain could also leave water on the ground for you to drink after the rain stops. For fog and mist you could have it lower visibility making it harder to spot threats that might be sneaking up on you. Mist could happen after rain and fog might happen before or after the rain. Some one else also mentioned seasons and I thought that would be cool as well. Would love to see both of these in game.

• Like 1

There is already fog in the game. It is extremely foggy for a period every single night. But I would also like to see some weather variety. Rain is going to be tricky. For every raindrop to potentially have lethal consequences, it might make the game too frustrating for some players, and also the performance impact might prevent the game from running smoothly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SnickerSnack said:

There is already fog in the game. It is extremely foggy for a period every single night. But I would also like to see some weather variety. Rain is going to be tricky. For every raindrop to potentially have lethal consequences, it might make the game too frustrating for some players, and also the performance impact might prevent the game from running smoothly. 

They could also make it so the "lethal" potential would only be on Woah! Make it easier at lower levels

• Like 1

That's true. What I was saying about the performance impact is still probably an important factor. Making rain drops interact with the player means giving every single one collision programming and other physics effects. This is vastly different than other games that simply use rain as a visual effect. I don't think current consoles and most PCs could have enough computational power to make such a thing possible. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, SnickerSnack said:

That's true. What I was saying about the performance impact is still probably an important factor. Making rain drops interact with the player means giving every single one collision programming and other physics effects. This is vastly different than other games that simply use rain as a visual effect. I don't think current consoles and most PCs could have enough computational power to make such a thing possible. 

The Xbox Series X and PCs could, but it might also ramp up the "system requirements" but Im certain the Series X could easily handle it

Isn’t there already a lethal mist/fog 🤔  I like the idea of occasional rain.   Not harmful but maybe slows the player as they will be wet or. Could craft an umbrella to get back to normal speed. Put those acorn tops to use.