What you've done today - There will be no dawn for Men

Gorth

11 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

We stayed at the Platinum Yucatan Princess.

Mexican women are beautiful hey Gfted1 , I wish I lived in the US because I would definitely be trying to date Latino women 💞

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Endoscopes are rough, but it is important to do it. I shook the entire time. Colonoscopy was a cakewalk in comparison.

I still remember my bronchoscopy, I was told to remain calm while I occasionally felt like I was drowning, that was fun.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Endoscopes are rough, but it is important to do it. I shook the entire time. Colonoscopy was a cakewalk in comparison.

I've been wondering why they want to knock him out for the endoscope, since I've heard of many where they don't do that. Maybe the size they want to use is too large to tolerate awake or something. Whatever. 

As they keep ruling things out I've been wondering if some kind of body-core-weakness/posture/spine issue could be a cause (he's prone to back issues and his neck bone curve is abnormal since forever, stuff like that), but I'm no doctor. Bodies are complicated, could be 1000 reasons outside of specific organ-cause.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

I've been wondering why they want to knock him out for the endoscope, since I've heard of many where they don't do that. Maybe the size they want to use is too large to tolerate awake or something. Whatever. 

I've had a few and have been put under for all of them. I was told it's just easier.

Free games updated 3/4/21

8 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Erm...

When did hurly change his name?

During the Great Identity Migration late last year

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Damn, I got left behind.

I feel like the sloth in ice age.

Still better than being the poor sabre tooth squirrel 😂

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You know you're an "apple" shape (wide shoulders, narrow hips/legs, straight/not curved in waist) when losing maybe 3-3.5 pounds in 4 weeks = 1.5 inch smaller waist.  :getlost:

...while I don't have a  "weight" problem per se, like many (lazy) ppl my age I typically have just lived with that extra 8-10 pounds over time, and most of that is in my upper body.  Always had great legs, but never had a waist smaller than 26.5", even as a 113 pound athletic pre/early teen.  Most of the time if I lose a little weight it doesn't hit the upper body fat much/quickly, my legs just get skinnier instead so I guess this "ketosis" really does work for that better, for me at least.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

45 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

You know you're an "apple" shape (wide shoulders, narrow hips/legs, straight/not curved in waist) when losing maybe 3-3.5 pounds in 4 weeks = 1.5 inch smaller waist.  :getlost:

...while I don't have a  "weight" problem per se, like many (lazy) ppl my age I typically have just lived with that extra 8-10 pounds over time, and most of that is in my upper body.  Always had great legs, but never had a waist smaller than 26.5", even as a 113 pound athletic pre/early teen.  Most of the time if I lose a little weight it doesn't hit the upper body fat much/quickly, my legs just get skinnier instead so I guess this "ketosis" really does work for that better, for me at least.

Congratulations, its always nice to lose some weight and feel good about ourselves :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

^  It's just a few pounds. Some people lose that coming out of the bathroom.  >.>
Mostly it's just interesting to me that this time it meant such a waist size loss. That doesn't typically happen with a few pounds. :lol:

Frankly I don't even really know what I'm "supposed" to be. BMI says between 92-123 lbs. At 92 I'd be a literal walking skeleton likely dying in a hospital. 118-120 always felt "right".  But then you just add 10 pounds and technically suddenly I'm "fat" or something.  Pffft.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

Is interesting to watch the growth of my daily stand up calls.  It's like cancer, that way.  Well, and other ways.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just had the most interesting brunch experience, my mom and stepdad are in Cpt for 3 weeks and its first time in 18 months I have seen them so we have been spending time together when reasonable and its been great seeing them again 

Anyway at one of my local breakfast places we were sitting and a small group of strangers were sitting opposite us and one of women I thought I recognised from several SA locally produced TV shows. I am not a groupie generally but I really enjoyed these local shows so I was ruminating on whether I should ask her if  she was the actress I thought she was? And obviously their is a time and place to ask people these types of questions and you also dont to make the person uncomfortable while they eating breakfast 

But at the end of our breakfast I had to know so I asked her and she was the same actress, she was very friendly and when I said to her " I dont mean to embarrass you " her friends all laughed and said " she loves the attention....it doesnt happen a lot when people do recognize her " :lol:

Also the SA film industry has been devastated by the lockdown and many actors are out of work so I felt it was a nice gesture for me to pay an honest compliment about how much I enjoyed the shows she stars in 

This is who she is....and I have to say she is hotter in RL and I always use to think she was attractive 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6143054/

John Milton 

This week I got back on the road after almost two months of being without wheels.  It's great.  It almost feels like having a car for the first time again.  And it's nice to have all the mod-cons that my old chariot was missing.

As for today, right this minute.  I've done a big shopping run, had a massive tidy up and a red hot bath.  Now it's time for the vodka, games, music n films.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WDeranged said:

This week I got back on the road after almost two months of being without wheels.  It's great.  It almost feels like having a car for the first time again.  And it's nice to have all the mod-cons that my old chariot was missing.

As for today, right this minute.  I've done a big shopping run, had a massive tidy up and a red hot bath.  Now it's time for the vodka, games, music n films.

At last, congrats :dancing:

Now I can come for that barbeque you have been promising me., Because its not that I am an unreasonable guest but when we  drinking and celebrating at your place you know sometimes you need to "get something suddenly " ...like Tequila and because you didnt have a car I didnt want to put unfair pressure on you. But now that you have transport again that shouldnt be an  issue ....oh and I drink Vodka along with Brandy as my prefered alcoholic  choices so again we have that in common. 

I dont know about you but I cant wait 🥳

• Haha 1

John Milton 

I voted for the upcoming election in Norway. Took me two minutes, as there are booths all over the city. Very happy about that. Voted for this charming fellow, in the hope that his party will get more power in the coalition that seems to be winning.

Audun Lysbakken, Sosialistisk Venstreparti - Lederliv

Don't think they found anything untoward in hubby's endoscopy. All these tests say he's perfectly healthy. Which means at this point they're probably going to tell him it's stress or all in his head. At least he's not feeling like it's getting worse. Maybe a little better, he can eat more, he's trying different things on his own.

For myself ...I thought my fasting glucose had maybe plateaued, but I guess it just takes a while to purge the system.  This week it suddenly started dropping to 80-85, vs. 100-110.  Pulse rate no longer spikes like crazy at moderate activity anymore either like it has all the past year (this despite not increasing/still being lazy with exercise).  I can dance all day again without even panting, all of a sudden. So, yay?  Still waiting to do the lab tests tho, I want the A1C to reflect more current vs. 3-4 months ago...

• Like 2

Headlines and YouTube:

...global warming apocalypse, air, water, fire, floods, rising seas, drought, we're all doomed!
...cute cat video
...is the US/world already a dystopia? we're all doomed!
...cute cat video
...homelessness grows / more Covid / the rich control everything / no trust / we're all doomed!

stunnedcat1.jpg

...probably time for another one of those ignorance is bliss "internet breaks."  :p

• Like 2

I am having such a good time seeing mom and stepdad again after 18 months, my mom also contracted the virus 2 months ago and due to her age, 74, and poor health and the fact she has suffered from asthma her whole life I assumed she was going to die 😧

Yet she survived, she did have her first jab so that must have helped. So its been extra important to spend time with them. Next weekend I am going to stay with friends of theirs they met in the  bush in a timeshare that they get access to for 3 weeks\year. Now this friend of theirs eats and cooks offcuts of meat like sheeps head, heart, liver and tripe and all other cuts of meats. I  love eating offcuts but I dont often get to eat them so I am excited to see what he cooks....and its the whole weekend so it should be filled with delicious and unusual food 🍖

John Milton 

Manager asking why I seem angry all the time.  Luckily muted self to answer properly 😛