What you've done today - There will be no dawn for Men

Gorth

Dealing with a bout of insomnia. Watched two hours of Cheers and four of Breaking Bad. I think my brain is scrambled after that TV binge.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was assumed to be Egyptian today, strange for a man to ask where the consulate is just off of that basis. Perhaps was looking to murder an Egyptian though, in hindsight...

13 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Dealing with a bout of insomnia. Watched two hours of Cheers and four of Breaking Bad. I think my brain is scrambled after that TV binge.

Watch some baseball.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My appetite and size of my 2 meals keeps going lower and lower. Simply not hungry, ever. It's so weird.  🥴

At this rate, before long I'll have to force feed myself with a bacon grease IV (haha) to keep weight up.

• Sad 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 8/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, ShadySands said:

I really liked Pompeii but I'd be lying if I said I remember it perfectly. I was a little bit sauced because we stopped at a wine tasting thing beforehand.

last time we were in naples were 'round christmas... 1999. had just seen the sixth sense

am knowing is ridiculous, but we couldn't get it outta our head what a nightmare it woulda' been for cole to be visiting pompeii.  seeing as we don't drink, we do not have an excuse for why such a stoopid notion were distracting us.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 8/12/2021 at 5:30 AM, ShadySands said:

I really liked Pompeii but I'd be lying if I said I remember it perfectly. I was a little bit sauced because we stopped at a wine tasting thing beforehand.

Italy is an amazing country with each province having its own distinct history, culture and most important unique food culture. My sister worked at an Italian restaurant in southern Italy that did training in food specific to the region and she was telling me how different food can be in parts of Italy 

If you want to watch a brilliant TV series that illustrates this try to watch this 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Tucci:_Searching_for_Italy

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Went to the dentist today, my mouth feels rough as usual, but not as rough as the wallet is going to.

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Invented new swear words.

Realised that the cosplay pieces of armour I've been 3d printing the last few weeks, have all warped due to some combination of the fibreglass curing (and possibly hot sunlight affecting the PLA) during the drying process.

80+ hours of printing, sanding, priming, painting.. and they've gone from perfect fit to twistedly warped.

• Sad 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I slip closer to 40, and thus the end of life. Also got called into work to deal with some Lumbergh screwing up paperwork, huzzah.  To top it off, the genius IT policy makers decided to lock down FF addons, because browsing with stuff like uBlock or Dark Reader is dangerous.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Something is wrong with the hubster.  No severe pains but strange upper abdominal issues including some growing pressure/under-ribcage belly swelling that's worse when he bends over or sits vs. stands. So he went in today and they did a scan and plethora of blood tests.  Most of them seem average/normal, ascites (fluid buildup) not evident, kidneys on the scan supposedly nothing too abnormal. Not all the results in yet.  We're a little stumped so far.

Hopefully it's just the weirdest case of gas/bloating/constipation ever or something. =]

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

Realised that the cosplay pieces of armour I've been 3d printing the last few weeks, have all warped due to some combination of the fibreglass curing (and possibly hot sunlight affecting the PLA) during the drying process.

80+ hours of printing, sanding, priming, painting.. and they've gone from perfect fit to twistedly warped.

There's nothing to save?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

you were doing sith stuff yes? shoulda' expected the dark-side would exact some warping.

HA! Good Fun!

• Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh man, that sucks.  But at least you did learn something.

21 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Oh man, that sucks.  But at least you did learn something.

So did I when I got run over by a car as a kid. Doesn’t mean I appreciate the lesson 😝

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

25 minutes ago, Gorth said:

So did I when I got run over by a car as a kid. Doesn’t mean I appreciate the lesson 😝

Have to look at the bright side 😛

11 hours ago, Azdeus said:

There's nothing to save?

Unfortunately not. If it was just the PLA, I could potentially warm it up and try bending it into better shape without it breaking.. But the fibreglass has gone solid and would only cause it to break. 

I've used just the resin on it's own before for light strengthening and to make the PLA a touch water-resistant. This was the first time I tried doing the whole fibreglass cloth and resin to strengthen it up seriously.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Back from a week in Mexico. My liver is barely hanging on but Ive got a bitchin tan.

Nice! Where did you go?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In Dyersburg today. Just finished a closing on that property I sold upstate in Realfoot Slough. So anyway Janet, my lawyer,  came with me. I asked her to because this is a somewhat complicated sale because of some zoning issues and there are three parties involved. The property I’m selling does not have utility or hard road access. Anyway, afterwards  I offered to take her to lunch. It was kind of awkward because I think she thought I was hitting on her. I wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong she is definitely my type. Early 40s, professional, divorced, pretty but not beautiful. But I have no desire to start any kind of personal relationship with someone I do business with. I don’t know if she was just being defensive, or even worse she was disappointed when she found out I wasn’t, or I just have no ability to read people. I think it’s probably that last one. Definitely not one of my super powers.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

First day back to work after vacation.  Made it to noon before burning out again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

We stayed at the Platinum Yucatan Princess.

I love how the first thing that pops up as adults only. Makes it sound like some kind of a kinky swinger place. Looks nice though.

Thomas Sowell

Well, hubby is not constipated.  :shifty:  Nothing in there. They still can't find anything wrong, he's "fine for his age" across the board.  They wanted to run a massive urine test so he came home with a "pee cup" the size of a milk jug. On Fri. they want to do one of those camera down the throat into the stomach things, since CRT's don't see inside the somtach. They'll knock him out for that one so I gotta drive him home.

Dunno guys. He's barely eating because it causes that swelling/pressure sensation. Still no severe pain or nausea tho, and he can desk-work/walk around ok most of the time. Just something's not right. Well, we shall see.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 3

Hope he gets well soon, LC!