What you've done today - There will be no dawn for Men

Gorth

The peddlers secret language; https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Månsing

It's a bit dissapointing that there's no english version, but there are a few words in that list that I use alot, fika, skinn-paj(leather coat), tjacka(Buy, also is used with another word to describe someone that uses heroin and sells her body), lacka +ur(Getting angry at someone9, sno(Steal), stålar(money), "spänn" is typically the word I use instead of "kronor"/SEK.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Everyone says spänn around here instead of kronor.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

12 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I just try to keep things separated these days.

Addition: but if y'all actually organized a forum party near me I'd probably make an exception and go*. I might even wear something besides my cat nightshirt for the occasion. But I'm not going to be the one to plan it, darnit.

* I figure I'm safe saying that since it'll never actually happen, right? :shifty:

• Haha 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Addition: but if y'all actually organized a forum party near me I'd probably make an exception and go*. I might even wear something besides my cat nightshirt for the occasion. But I'm not going to be the one to plan it, darnit.

* I figure I'm safe saying that since it'll never actually happen, right? :shifty:

I wish it did happen  just so I can see your cat nightshirt :cat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Currently having to deal with people who asks questions for the sake of asking questions. That's like passive-aggressive active procrastination, a great way to let me know that the other party doesn't want to do it, doesn't want to appear to not wanting to do it so they ask pointless questions in an effort to appear to have expended effort where none was necessary.

Instead of, you know, just doing what they're supposed to do.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

29 minutes ago, majestic said:

Currently having to deal with people who asks questions for the sake of asking questions. That's like passive-aggressive active procrastination, a great way to let me know that the other party doesn't want to do it, doesn't want to appear to not wanting to do it so they ask pointless questions in an effort to appear to have expended effort where none was necessary.

Instead of, you know, just doing what they're supposed to do.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I've been watching a driver trying to reverse a link and trailer into the gate for 1 hour and 37 minutes now, I'm still waiting for him to figure out he can just drop the trailer and then park it, reconnect the link and then park it...

Edit; He's still going at it, gotta admire his tenacity!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've been watching a driver trying to reverse a link and trailer into the gate for 1 hour and 37 minutes now, I'm still waiting for him to figure out he can just drop the trailer and then park it, reconnect the link and then park it...

Edit; He's still going at it, gotta admire his tenacity!

A task assigned, is a task completed.  

Spending my time watching CinemaSIns on Youtube, rather than working.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Malcador said:

A task assigned, is a task completed.  

Spending my time watching CinemaSIns on Youtube, rather than working.

He did need 2 hours and 45 minutes, but he did eventually manage, and he didn't break anything - I call that a massive success. It was his last stop for the day aswell, and he was 3 hours early so he still managed to go home 15 minutes early!

CinemaSins is good, but they've got nothing on the exitement of seeing a driver reversing :p

Well, yes, for one the dinging gets annoying as **** after a while.  Sadly have people calling me to do things for them, is funny when one confused me for someone else.  They start berating me for things I supposedly said in some other meeting, was funny to remind them of who I am.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

58 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well, yes, for one the dinging gets annoying as **** after a while.  Sadly have people calling me to do things for them, is funny when one confused me for someone else.  They start berating me for things I supposedly said in some other meeting, was funny to remind them of who I am.  :lol:

I had a concrete building between us and metal blaring from speakers, so I was fine worse for him though😂

one last day at work and then its vacation time... if only i could afford to make it permanent

2 days ago we had a big forest fire near where i live. not close enough for the house to be at risk but close enough for the wind to carry the smoke and ash here and raise the already high temperature of 40C to 44C (104F and 111F). meanwhile using the AC was bringing the smoke in the house making it hard to breathe. they managed to halt the fire's advance by morning but everything still smells of smoke and ash.

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Same. On Saturday I leave for a 7 day vacation to Mexico w00t. My hummingbird feeder has been a rousing success. Theres at least three different individuals that come to feed all day every day. Theyre like phantoms...I can be looking at the feeder and theres nothing there...look away and look back...suddenly theres one feeding! Then skrrt...its gone in a flash. Its fun (to me) to watch. Im also trying to be a good steward by replacing the homemade nectar every few days so it doesnt spoil.

• Like 2

I either have a sinus infection, deep cheek/gum infection (or both in combo - my left cheek is slightly swollen...no actual tooth pain or pain at all however), or maybe a .0001 chance of a really mild and oddball variant of ... covid?  It started 3-4 days after I was out shopping at several stores, for example.

Does one bother to get a test if it's this mild? What if it is dental/gets worse vs. better in a few days? Can I/should I see a dentist without a covid test first?

Hmm...such is not so simple these days.  🤔

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I touched a broomstick and immediately got a splinter. >_<

I need to buy some dark rum today, since my mother helpfully emptied the half of a bottle plantation 20 I still had left. Oh, and the entire bottle of Ron Barcello Onyx that she bought me to replace the one that she drank previously.

I need a locking cork...

• Gasp! 1

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I touched a broomstick and immediately got a splinter. >_<

I need to buy some dark rum today, since my mother helpfully emptied the half of a bottle plantation 20 I still had left. Oh, and the entire bottle of Ron Barcello Onyx that she bought me to replace the one that she drank previously.

I need a locking cork...

Does your mom own a boat?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

28 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Does your mom own a boat?

I wish!

• Haha 1

Have next week off, strangely want to keep working.  I guess I have schadenfreude for myself.

16 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I touched a broomstick and immediately got a splinter.

This is usually a sign that the broomstick needs replacing.  :shifty:

-----------
I think my cheek swelling has gone down slightly. Nose (and post nasal cough) the same.
I will take this opportunity to extoll the virtues of the neti-pot again.  Except my cheap plastic version has a tiny/slow leak.  I guess I need a new/better one - I'll buy the solution packets separately.  Side note, I tried using only the mega-carbon filtered tap water (almost all chlorine etc. removed) that we drink and learned even that is too painful in the nose.  Need that saline stuff or whatever.

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

This is usually a sign that the broomstick needs replacing.  :shifty:

-----------

It's too weeks old. :(

46 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

and if the broomstick were to wear out 'fore the work end, we woulda' guessed azdeus didn't know how to use a broom.

you live in an old house, yes? perhaps you offended the house gnomes. what is the proper offering for swedish house gnomes? pickled herring and mead perhaps? cream is always a good bet based on fairytales.

'course cursed by witches is always a possibility. problem is those witchfinders is as likely to accuse azdeus o' witchcraft. you a good swimmer?

maybe give the broomstick a quick swipe or two with some fine sandpaper to remove any other splinters and then move on with your life is a better course o' action, but please keep us informed if you go with the witchfinder route.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
repeat word fail
  • Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Still stands ... need a new better broom. Or a plastic handle. Or ... there's always this method.
tapedbrrom1.jpg

You can even gussy it up a little, spice up that boring ol' broom handle!*

tapedbrrom2.jpg

*sanding it down would likely be more rational/easier tho =]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

and if the broomstick were to wear out 'fore the work end, we woulda' guessed azdeus didn't know how to use a broom.

you live in an old house, yes? perhaps you offended the house gnomes. what is the proper offering for swedish house gnomes? pickled herring and mead perhaps? cream is always a good bet based on fairytales.

'course cursed by witches is always a possibility. problem is those witchfinders is as likely to accuse azdeus o' witchcraft. you a good swimmer?

maybe give the broomstick a quick swipe or two with some fine sandpaper to remove any other splinters and then move on with your life is a better course o' action, but please keep us informed if you go with the witchfinder route.

HA! Good Fun!

It's a broom at work, but it is possible an angrey tomte/nisse followed me there. Vicious bastards probably wants my coffee or tobacco, he should be thankful for the porridge! 🤬

Unfortunately I'm a pretty good swimmer, so I'm going to have to give the sandpaper or gaffatape a go. 😕

32 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Still stands ... need a new better broom. Or a plastic handle. Or ... there's always this method.

You can even gussy it up a little, spice up that boring ol' broom handle!*

*sanding it down would likely be more rational/easier tho =]

Problem is that my employer didn't get us a new broom until the old ones handle was literally down to two feet long and I couldn't use it as a remote control anymore, tape would be a possiblity though. Or if I could just get the skin on my palms to develop any kind of calluses. I'm pretty impressed that my palms still has babyskin practically speaking.

I unfortunately also need it to be a wooden broomhandle since the plastic ones usually have a pretty thick handle, so it wouldn't work as a remote anymore unless I change out the pushbuttons for the gates. :p

• Like 1

Very busy last few days. But the Fall garden is all planted. Now we wait…..

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finally managed to get to the barber shop. Feels a lot better, but I'm kind of missing being able to stroke my beard like some ancient Chinese kung-fu master in an Eastern.

You win some, you lose some, I guess. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.