What's more challenging: White March before upscaled Act 3 or Act 3 before upscaled White March? Also companions

So, yeah. I have like 2 more side quests to do in Act 2 (finally that far into the game) and am wondering in which order to tackle the next parts. I would prefer not to roflstomp one part or the other...

Then, the new companions. I am really content with my death squad right now (Eder/Pallegina/Hiravias/Aloth/GM). Would I miss out on a lot of banter using this team for most of the DLC instead of the 3 new ones? Or are these 5 also adding to the flavour of the DLC?
DoC seems really interesting, but I wouldn't know whom to kick for her from a flair perspective.

White March is designed to be tackled from lvl 8 on. It can be started earlier but the initial fight is too difficult for most partys < lvl 8. So it is def. easier than doing upscaled Act 3 and I would totally recommend going there (I mean WM) first.

Just don't try to do Crägholt Bluffs "on the fly" while traveling to the WM. CBluffs is very high level content and will mop the floor with lvl-8 parties.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For the first time I think lvl 10 is good for non-scaled WM. The first fight can be tough because it's very long and stretched over the whole map. After that it gets easier but then the difficulty surges again at some point (in a certain map with certain annoying enemies who use paralyzing blow darts... ;).

• Like 1

I just realized I still have the early bounties from Caed Nua to do. Should I do them first or after WM? Do they give a huge chunk of XP (I vaguely remember you saying something along those lines?) to bloat my level too much for unscaled WM or are they fine to do before? I don't want to be bored like I was in Od Nua level 5 yesterday, far too easy xD

They give a lot of XP if you are of low level. At higher levels that's not that much anymore. I mean the amount stays the same, but relative to the amount of XP you need to advance through higher levels it's not that much anymore. 

If you reach lvl 11 you can still upscale WM. The game will recognize that you're too high of level and will suggest upscaling then. 

• Like 1