I think it would be viable solo. You'd probably want to go with bloodmage/beguiler, focusing on debuffs  and self-buffs on the cipher side, along with disintegration, which would be very useful with bosses. You'd lack the summons on the chanter side, but could make up for it by charming and dominating instead. You'd probably want to follow the relatively tanky Blood mage solo build  that Not So Clever Hound shared last year, The Bleeding Arcanist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

I think it would be viable solo. You'd probably want to go with bloodmage/beguiler, focusing on debuffs  and self-buffs on the cipher side, along with disintegration, which would be very useful with bosses. You'd lack the summons on the chanter side, but could make up for it by charming and dominating instead. You'd probably want to follow the relatively tanky Blood mage solo build  that Not So Clever Hound shared last year, The Bleeding Arcanist.

Thanks, I will read this guide.

And my idea was exactly this, use the cipher to control and debuffs, and blast with the wizard spells 

3 hours ago, Waski said:

why not ascendent/bm? ascend+wall  of draining= mind blades+combusting wounds or phantom+screaming souls are nice combos or just spam disintegrantion and its easy to ascend with kitchen stove

That would be a great combo as well! Chillfog+combusting wounds+mind blades would melt most mobs.

• Like 1