I am relatively confident in Pallegina's build, and there are many guides as to which spells are good for priest/wizard/druid/chanter/cipher.

But Edér... man, I have no idea how to set him up effectively (without either changing his class or his stats). I originally thought just to copy one of the Lady of Pain builds, but they don't seem to work that well for some reason.

I would think that a build around Defender would work well with a not-so-tanky party. Taking Defender, Rapid Recovery, Confident Aim, and... that is where I stop having any ideas...

Currently, I switch around his weapon setup like they are socks. twohanded, dualwield, SnS-style. The latter seems a bit obsolete, as I already have both Kana and Pallegina with SnS, and of course my whole backline as a backup weapon set.
Also for disengagement attacks, I think 2handed stuff would work best?

Hi,

I Just finsihed a game on POTD with eder, pallegina and kana in my team, all using sword and shield. I'm by no mean an expert, so you'll probably get better answers soon:)

I would advice not to bother with modals to increase your engagement count, just pick hold the line and use shatterstar as a weapon. With sword and shield and superior deflection, he will be fine for tanking. Later pick triggered immunity. Apart from that, weapon focus/mastery and disciplined barrage work well. If you set his AI to aggressive/aggressive, he will be a decent contributor to your overall damage output with low micro. I would also suggest charge when available : it increases his fun factor by a lot:)

With three SnS guys, you can have 3 shields with the herald enchantment during the end game, using the dupication box. With a priest and a cipher, you become invulnerable after a couple of buffs

• Like 1

If you can wait until you get Charge you might have a lot of fun with Edér as a rusher, zipping behind enemy lines and taking out casters and so on. He will have the sturdyness but also the offensive output then to be good at it.

Charge not only damages the enemies in its path and the one you are targeting with crush dmg, it also does an "invisible" full attack at the target. So using dual sabres or something heavy like that (maces, hammers and so on) is the way to go imo. 

If you time/position it right it can be very effective. For example if you pull a bunch of enemies with Edér so they form a nice line behind him, then charge to the last enemy in that line and then back to the head of the line.

Granted: it comes pretty late. But maybe it can also be fun to just build him towards that dual weapon setup before and play him more offensively - like a sturdy rogue. 

Fighters are not the most impactful class at higher levels and fall behind other classes, especially casters - but Charge can bring them back a little. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think that with dual wield the knockdown attacks (and a talent for an extra knockdown per encounter) are full attacks so can be good with dual wielding.  I don't know about the best set up though as I just play normal difficulty.

Yes, Knockdown and Bonus Knockdown are better with a dual wielding (or bashing shield) setup.

Unfortunately the additional Knockdown ability from the belt Girdle of the Driving Wave is a Primary Attack only. :(

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, jintegrity said:

Any chance the Spectacular Spetum could be good on him?

Well he will do ok with it. Just do not expect anything spectacular. Engagement bonus on polearm is useless as you tank with deflection, not endurance so loosing shield for tanking fighter is big no-no. On other hand its marking weapon so it will work. But I think someone like Pellagina with coordinated attack will make better use of it

• Thanks 1