Making a pretty fun build atm, my testchar is a Beckoner/Tactician.

I'm dualwielding Grave Calling with Chilling Grave together with Hand Mortar and have Powder Burns on to confuse myself and have Mob Stance for instantly killing all my skellies.

However I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to be better to go Troubadour for faster Skelli chant.

My main concern is me not oneshotting skellies, but also the single skellie from chant having less impact than the ones from invocation.

However Troubadour would also mean faster invocation buildup?

edit: I just realized, that for all intents and purposes the game seems to treat chilling grave as melee attack, so maybe Skald would be insane?

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 2

Afaik Chilling Grave is considered a weapon attack, but not a melee attack. But I might be wrong. 

As soon as I got Many Lives Pass By I found Troubadour also cool (in combination with Chilling Grave I mean) - but before that the 6 + 12 skeletons from Ancient Brittle Bones are unmatched because they give you 18 Chillfogs immediately (compared to 9 from the Troubadour. The Beckoner has slower Many Lives skeletons but the initial burst is better. Maybe in very long fights the Troubadour is better because he can also recast the summons earlier, but I believe unleasing 18 Chillfogs right at the start compared to 9 is advantageous, too.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Afaik Chilling Grave is considered a weapon attack, but not a melee attack. But I might be wrong. 

As soon as I got Many Lives Pass By I found Troubadour also cool (in combination with Chilling Grave I mean) - but before that the 6 + 12 skeletons from Ancient Brittle Bones are unmatched because they give you 18 Chillfogs immediately (compared to 9 from the Troubadour. The Beckoner has slower Many Lives skeletons but the initial burst is better. Maybe in very long fights the Troubadour is better because he can also recast the summons earlier, but I believe unleasing 18 Chillfogs right at the start compared to 9 is advantageous, too.

Ye I just tried out Skald and it doesn't seem to proc.

That being Said the Beckoner/Tactician is just a beast, sadly it completely and utterly destroys my frames.

The chillfog accuracy will be boosted by weapon accuracy buffs like Adaptive too, so even tho it goes vs Fort it's not bad whatsover, especially since you get many stacking fogs very quickly.

I just didn't dare try a megaboss yet, because I don't think my pc can handle a 2 minutes or so fight.

Other fights are usually over in less than a minute. 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

sadly it completely and utterly destroys my frames

Yes, had the same with Berserker/Beckoner + Grave Calling. It's like 1 fps once the chillfogs start exploding. Try to fry your machine and use Avenging Storm on top (procs from Chilling Grave), haha. 😄

• Haha 1

Powder Burns distracts, doesn't confuse. A streetfighter/troubadour might be a better combo because Chillfogs benefit from sneak attack, deathblows and heating up bonuses.

Edited by Kaylon

5 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Powder Burns distracts, doesn't confuse. A streetfighter/troubadour might be a better combo because Chillfogs benefit from sneak attack, deathblows and heating up bonuses.

Tactician gets confused when they are flanked. 😄

The build works real well and I think it's even better than Barb/chanter because you selfproc unbending with the fogs, getting 500 hp in seconds before enemies even hit you and ofc cleving stance is quite nice too.

Streetfighter sounds nice too, but it would be way more input, since you have to manually kill skellies, while Tactician only does that once at the start of the fight to get confused.

(you can either shoot an enemy with powder burns from stealth or just cleaving stance full attack a skelly in combat, both will instantly confuse you, after that every ai summoned skelly pack will keep the loop going and ofc standing on the chill fog blinds you which also flanks and as streetfighter flank = confused)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaylon said:

A streetfighter/troubadour might be a better combo because Chillfogs benefit from sneak attack, deathblows and heating up bonuses.

The confusion is so convenient and powerful in order to kill all your selektons at once with Chilling Grave itself (which procs new Chilling Graves at once and so on) that all the dmg of the Streetfighter can't keep up with that immediate chain reaction imo. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, Raven Darkholme said:

Tactician gets confused when they are flanked. 😄

That's a brilliant idea. I'd try it out, but I know from past experiments with Grave Calling that my graphics card isn't powerful enough to handle all of the chillfog procs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to try this build out and I was wondering on how to distribute stats.
Would it be ok to dump CON and RES to max out STR, INT, PER and DEX?
Or the bonus accuracy from PER is not useful in this case?

On 7/12/2022 at 12:11 PM, Kreivenos said:

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to try this build out and I was wondering on how to distribute stats.
Would it be ok to dump CON and RES to max out STR, INT, PER and DEX?
Or the bonus accuracy from PER is not useful in this case?

I already dumped CON/RES but I have permanent buffs to get it to 11 or so.

Per is indeed useful for this build for more crits.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:18 PM, Constentin Lévine said:

You should be able to reduce this wonderful 1 even more when switching to Effort with Avenging Storm once the 18 Chillfogs are actived.. 

Sadly i did not know about this tech back then. 😛

• Haha 1