Are Wolf Spiders really supposed to spawn so aggresively?

Ever since Patch 9, every night (sometimes day) I've had Wolf spiders spawn almost immediately next to me at least once a day.

They appear in any area, I am in. Doesn't matter if it is by the starting area, or not. I've come so much to expect it, that when night falls, I put myself on a platform or tower awaiting it, and sure as sh*t, in my blind angle I hear rustling and I turn around to see a Wolf Spider.

TBH it has crippled me to the point where I cannot enjoy the game. I am constantly on edge. Every sound I hear, be it in-game or otherwise, startles me. It is not even save-specific. I made a new SP game (usually play MP with 2 friends) and it is also happening there.

I've googled around a bit and people always respond stuff like "wolf spiders stalk you across the map", like that even means something. It's not like Miasma; there's not a Wolf Spider following me constantly.
So I am asking here, now:

Can it really be intentional AND is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

First one. It sounds absolutely horrible!

Second: No. I do not think the scenario you are describing is normal. They sometimes come by right as you start (they check out areas where you make noise, I think) but they should not spawn randomly across the map!

I would file a bug report see this link for instructions: How do I report a bug? - Obsidian Entertainment Support and this as well: How to Report a Bug - Public Test Bugs and Support - Obsidian Forum Community (yes they have two completely different procedures, and yes, it is confusing) 

And then send it to mail. Filing a bug report is super tedious, but unless the bug is easily repeatable for a lot of people, they cannot find the bug unless you report it.

Best of luck to you!

• 6 months later...

Just as a follow up: this issue caused me to stop playing, shortly after I made this post.

Today I joined the public test for patch 12 and booted up a game and the issue appear to have stopped, although I've only run through a single night on a new save. I'm still waaaaaaaay too on edge to play, even though I put on immortality though. 
Hopefully I can work through it some time.

4 hours ago, Mads Trier Braas said:

Just as a follow up: this issue caused me to stop playing, shortly after I made this post.

Today I joined the public test for patch 12 and booted up a game and the issue appear to have stopped, although I've only run through a single night on a new save. I'm still waaaaaaaay too on edge to play, even though I put on immortality though. 
Hopefully I can work through it some time.

Sleep at night and you'll never encounter any wolf spiders unless you seek them out.  of course, you still get a stray here and there that you'll have to avoid or kill.  Just be careful around dawn and dusk, and stay indoors at night.