Keyrock

Yes, Happy 4th July American membersย ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossโ€

John Miltonย 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.โ€ -ย  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

ย 

ย 

Just for today:

firefox_LDew0g27Xv.png

:p

(...RIP Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Isles, et al.)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Just for today:

firefox_LDew0g27Xv.png

:p

Kevin Costner's body is ready.

b75cf886f0e217fd84de4b6ffab9a4cd.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

twitch..... twitch..... must not comment.... nooooo........

IT'S NOT AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY! IT'S THE DAY THE UNITED COLONIES DECLARED INDEPEDENCE (WAR) FROM ENGLAND! THE UNITED STATES ACTUAL BIRTHDAY WAS SEPTEMBER 9TH 1776 WHEN THE THE COLONIES BECAME STATES. OR JUNE 21 1788 WHEN THE CONSTITUTION WAS RATIFIED! NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!

I'm soooo sorry... I can't stop myself.... I need help!ย 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

is ez to forget that the british remained the single greatest foreign threat to the US until into the 20th century, and it took wwi to kinda/sorta change that pov. pretend like revolution, and then that little misunderstanding in 1812, were just kinda aberrations in a long and friendly relationship 'tween the US and the brits ignores history. heck, were brit engineers who functional designed much o' the japanese navy, and they did so knowing that there would be increasing tension 'tween us and imperial japan.ย ย 

so, as is our tradition, we warn sweary forthcoming

Spoiler

ย 

also

not pimping samsung, but it kinda makes us smile.

HA! Good Fun!

ps sands the shouting, we will once again question gd's history on this. symbolism is important, nevertheless,ย july 2 or july4 is swell as to ratification by the continental congress dates... with july 2nd most appropriate. ย august 2, 1776 is fineย if you is a stickler for signing as were the original complaint on this matter. Constitution or articles of confederationย has little to do with independence, so will ignore those dates.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

39 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

is ez to forget that the british remained the single greatest foreign threat to the US until into the 20th century, and it took wwi to kinda/sorta change that pov. pretend like revolution, and then that little misunderstanding in 1812, were just kinda aberrations in a long and friendly relationship 'tween the US and the brits ignores history. heck, were brit engineers who functional designed much o' the japanese navy, and they did so knowing that there would be increasing tension 'tween us and imperial japan.ย ย 

so, as is our tradition, we warn sweary forthcoming

ย  Reveal hidden contents

ย 

also

not pimping samsung, but it kinda makes us smile.

HA! Good Fun!

ps sands the shouting, we will once again question gd's history on this. symbolism is important, nevertheless,ย july 2 or july4 is swell as to ratification by the continental congress dates... with july 2nd most appropriate. ย august 2, 1776 is fineย if you is a stickler for signing as were the original complaint on this matter. Constitution or articles of confederationย has little to do with independence, so will ignore those dates.

But the US as the political entity it is today technically didnโ€™t exist until the current Constitution was adopted. So itโ€™s not out of the ballpark to suggest that date. After all the Articles of Confederation would have led to a very different country had they been kept.ย 
ย 

But you do realize I am sure Iโ€™m not being serious orย critical with the whole NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE schtick. It was just a little joke from the movie thread thatโ€™s probably getting stale

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Guard Dogthe word is "independence." what is day of independence? the suggestion there were no independence 'til 1787 beggars the imagination.ย articles and constitution are a non issue.

funny. you are trying to rulez lawyer this for some reason. you think you found a flaw in the reasoning and logic, but you is utter missing.ย 

sheesh.

so, happyย independence day.

done.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

@Guard Dogthe word is "independence." what is day of independence? the suggestion there were no independence 'til 1787 beggars the imagination.ย articles and constitution are a non issue.

funny. you are trying to rulez lawyer this for some reason. you think you found a flaw in the reasoning and logic, but you is utter missing.ย 

sheesh.

so, happyย independence day.

done.

HA! Good Fun!

๐Ÿ˜† iโ€™m sorry I thought the title of this thread was happy birthday!

Thomas Sowell

apologies. one last try.

the thread is also tagged as "independence day." is quibble over nomenclature. in korea, people are considered a year older than what would be their western birth date, 'cause conception matters to 'em. argue over what constitutes the birth o' the nation? fine. whatever.ย 

independence day were alternative july 2 or july 4, 1776 and if you get shorts in twist over signing of documents, then august 2 o' same year works. three good dates for independence and all have their place in the utter pointless argument over birthday of the nation which, as it turns out, is a somewhat arbitrary distinction for the existence o' a nation.ย 

go ahead and tell us what is rome's birthday. equal pointless. is pivotal dates worth knowing, but a specific birthday is gonna be debatable, and debatable only to a handful o' uptight scholars and perhaps a few history nerds who started their independence day drinking a bit early.

HA! Good Fun!

ps not continuing the argument, but am gonna suggest that for a few o' usย the united states were restless gestating 'til at least 1865 when georgia final ratified the 13th amendment on december 2, abolishing slavery and granting citizenship to any and all nativeย born, with the notableย exception o' native americans who were not afforded such a right until june 2, 1924. fun fact: mississippi did not ratify the 13th amendment until 1995.

am now gonna go get our pre grilling prepared, 'cause barbeque (used as a verb) is something else. barbeque v. grill is actual worth fighting 'bout btw.

Edited by Gromnir

Happy B-day to my country!

Hopefully we'll get our s--t together soon so we can have another prosperous 245 years and not go the wayside.

Even so, if we wind up a 2nd rate country in the near future, I'd say it's better to be a happy and peaceful 2nd rate country, then a miserable and violent superpower.

The next few years will determine our future.

Iย didn't want to name the thread "Happy Independence Day" because people might post references to an overrated 1996 movie.ย :shifty:

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

46 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Iย didn't want to name the thread "Happy Independence Day" because people might post references to an overrated 1996 movie.ย :shifty:

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"Youย are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyย it seems like the creatorsย like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tย forgetย the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Areย you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralย camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

26 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

:shifty:

ย 

I gotta admit that it doesn't get much more American than referencing an overrated 25 year old movie to peddle mediocre at best beer. I do love me some grizzled Bill Pullman, though.

Edited by Keyrock

Washington's finishing move was called "Crossing the Delaware" apparently.ย  Surprised it looks like a 3/4 facelock jawbreaker though; always figured it'd be more of a crucifix powerbomb.ย  The things you find out these days with all the scholarship into the history of professional wrestling in the US.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man