I find myself constantly being attacked by mosquitos and that’s fine but I can’t outrun them. Even in full spider armor they will continue to follow me from the hedge all the way to the haze they simply are too fast or have to much of a follow distance/pursuit, they need to be debuffed 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agreed! They're also extremely CRAZY big for mosquitos?? Any mosquito I've ever come across has been WELL under the size of an average honey bee and their aggressiveness makes no real sense, considering you're such a small creature by comparison. You'd be of very little interest to them. 

Was gonna call bull but a skeeter just chased me from hedge to the pond juice box. Why are they even hostile. Males drink nectar and you are to small for them to get a meal from. I mean I supposed they could act like the brain bug from starship troopers but eww.

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

@Nightmare006the problem isn't route or equip. The mosquitoes are effectively bugged. They freely fly through obstacles which allows them to chase because their speed is comparable to the max running speed of a player. Also they spawn in areas where they shouldn't be very often. Since they can follow the player near everywhere by just clipping through obstacles you can encounter them in the pond lab, hedge lab, oak lab and haze lab.

While ladybug armor and a good tier 2 weapon can let you take out a large cluster it just turns into a marathon of hyper aggressive enemies that are always active and can annoy you while your busy for a reward that's meh at best

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Flying through the obstacles I have to agree with you that is nerdy. But the sometimes corpses where they are very rare is a nice change from my point of view. The speed is okay, I just have to run because recently. I've even seen a wolf spider running around the bird bath. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Mosquito's are easy to kill, I actively hunt them on whoe!! Best thing is a shield and a bug hammer for the stun, shield negates all damage and is super easy to keep repaired, as for the size... Mosquito's come in all different sizes eg. Toxorhynchites aka. elephant mosquito 🦟 can grow to a size of about an inch in body length