Random Video gamE newS

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

This trailer is kinda worse than the other one...

For the first 10 seconds I was like: WHOA! That's an impressive looking game 🤣

EDIT: "Boss is you - charismatic murder machine" I don't think you know me, mate.

EDIT2. Oh well. Am yet to play a single SR game. This won't be the first one. Is it really the studio that did Freespace1&2 back in the day?

Edited by Wormerine

Dunno, I think the most that I get out of those SR trailers is that it's another game (or product in general) that would probably be significantly better received if it wasn't piggybacking a pre existing brand.

You don't really get any sense that the game is as self aware as its predecessor either. GTA clones are inherently silly if you spend any time at all thinking about them and SR2-4 was pretty good at leaning into the stupidities of the genre. SR2 a bit less so but, well, septic tank missions... But, nobody liked SR3 just because the Deckers/ Morningstar/ Luchadores wore silly costumes and no one will like the gangs in the reboot just because they wear silly costumes, it's all the other stuff that made people enjoy SR3. And while those games were absolute replete with appalling stereotypes (and all the original games' Saints were appalling people by any objective measure) the appalling stereotypes were applied completely without fear or favour. Ironically, the new cast already seems to be made up of stereotypes, just without the self awareness.

(I wouldn't want an out and out parody, SR4 went too far that direction as it is, but one of the big appeals of SR2-4 was that they were aware that the whole thing was inherently silly, in much the same way that a good Roger Moore Bond film knew the whole premise was kind of ridiculous but leant into that as an asset rather than a handicap)

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Well, I completely lost my interest, when the lead developer told in interview, that the main character would be so likeable, you would love to invite them to your living room

To be fair, that was clearly meant idiomatically- ie you'd invite them into your living room, by playing the game with them in it rather than literally have them over for a cup of tea and biscuits or whatever.

59 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Speaking of bad trailers: this doesn't look... good.

Yeah, it looks pretty meh.  Only 3 units, card mechanics (can you say mtx booster packs?) and some of the animations and such seem straight out of XCOM 2 (like that incredibly stiff walk.)

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask for the Spicy Latina voice from SR2 to make a return?

I'm still mad they didn't return that voice for SR4.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I used Spicy Latina voice in SR2, Russian Immigrant in SR3, and Southern Belle in SR4. The latter 2 were good voices, but they weren't nearly as good as Spicy Latina.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Is it really the studio that did Freespace1&2 back in the day?

Indeed, how far have they fallen.  Should have bought that FS IP, think it sold for $5000 or something. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

To be fair, that was clearly meant idiomatically- ie you'd invite them into your living room, by playing the game with them in it rather than literally have them over for a cup of tea and biscuits or whatever.

TBH, from all the answers I have seen, it was the latter, which was more probable meaning to me 😄

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

TBH, from all the answers I have seen, it was the latter, which was more probable meaning to me 😄

Mamie please stop using big words....now I am really confused by your point  but Zora is to blame because he started using big words when said "  idiomatically". Everyone knows we dont use speak like that on a gaming forum :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Talking about trailers. I actually enjoyed this one.

I'll have to give the demo another try.

That was a very good trailer, I am glad you posted it. Initially I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but the " talk show " type commentary works really well and the humor was not annoying 

I am very intrigued by this game, please update us when you play the demo 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Not a fan of the voice over, but otherwise I liked the trailer. I'm glad you brought this up because I had forgotten about this game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I used Spicy Latina voice in SR2, Russian Immigrant in SR3, and Southern Belle in SR4. The latter 2 were good voices, but they weren't nearly as good as Spicy Latina.

I basically recreated my SR2 boss in SR3 (as much as possible given the different engine) and was annoyed I couldn't do the same in SR4.  I wanted the same Boss who'd fought the Sons of Samedi in a super drug induced high (ending with falling over a couch) in Saints Row 2 and who sung along to "What I got" with Pierce in Saints Row 3 to be president in Saints Row 4. It just wasn't the same with a different voice to me.... 

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling in this game, it may be possible to branch the narrative with your choices...

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

That trailer is trash, though.  The game does appear interesting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Ironically I stopped playing the demo because I couldn't decide what choice to make.

Where is this demo? I don't see one on Steam. Was this a crowdfunding thing? Do you have to be a backer to have access to the demo?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Mamie please stop using big words....now I am really confused by your point  but Zora is to blame because he started using big words when said "  idiomatically". Everyone knows we dont use speak like that on a gaming forum :lol:

What should I say, Old Farts use Old Speak 😄

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's not really news yet, but Norman Reedus apparently blurted out that Death Stranding 2 is in negotiations and he's excited about that.

So...please have those negotiations finalize/not fall through, and if it comes to pass, ofc please be as interesting/good as the first one.
Also, please be released before I'm 60.  Thanks.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What sins of Paradox were all her fault ?