Random Video gamE newS

8 hours ago, Melusina said:

on another note, can you share which news site do you follow?

I check RPS. Being PC centric they tend to not cover extensively things I don't care about. There a bit more useless trash posts these days, then I remember, but still pretty responsible reports with mixed attempts at humor. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, Keyrock said:

I will have zero interest in Marvel-COM if it doesn't have permadeath. 

I want permadeath, but only for Wolverine. Like Khalid in BG, he'd mysteriously wander out into a rampaging horde and...be gone.

No clue if the game will be good, but will be particularly interested if we get some deep cuts from the Marvel mystic side.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2021/08/27/elden-ring-impressions-exploring-the-open-world-dungeons-and-more

Here is a good video of gameplay in Elden Ring...I think it looks great but I dont know much DS similar games and their normal design

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks nice, but also too good to be true. There must be a catch to it. Hope it won't release as console-only first.

/edit: just saw it releases on all platforms. Nice.

Edited by Lexx
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1498760/Surviving_Mars_Below_and_Beyond/

I enjoyed the base game (even with that crashing bug with waste rock), good to see an expansion.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Looks nice, but also too good to be true. There must be a catch to it. Hope it won't release as console-only first.

/edit: just saw it releases on all platforms. Nice.

I also thought it seemed really good but I like most trailers and sometimes miss problems.....but if you agree its got potential then its more credible because you tend to be more circumspect about getting excited. So it bodes well for how good this game will be :thumbsup:

This could become our first game we both love, it would be nice to connect in that gaming special way. And of course we do have lots in common like German food but this is different  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

Looks nice, but also too good to be true. There must be a catch to it.

Eh, even the turd that is Dark Souls2 turned out well due to solid foundations. From what I understand it doesn't reinvent the wheel so at least combat should be great. With directors adoration for Zelda series, I am curious what kind of open world this game will be.

Full release September 7th. :dancing:

Low IQ playthroughs were pretty great in old skool Fallout, fingers crossed that they can achieve something close to the same level of goofy fun here.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We'll see, low IQ Fallout playthrough would be most likely offensive in this day and age 😄

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Or just have one article one place just have neckbeard types churn out the outrage over it.

Game looks interesting though, at least on a deep sale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1443980/Roman_Empire_Wars/

Never did finish Praetorians, I guess this may be something similar.

7 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

We'll see, low IQ Fallout playthrough would be most likely offensive in this day and age 😄

I'm hoping that since Encased is a relatively little known game from a small developer they don't neuter the potentially crass nature of a low IQ playthrough, figuring they can fly under the radar where a high profile game from a big studio couldn't.  /crosses fingers

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Wait wait wait, Encased is a non-party based isometric RPG? I think I'm sold.

I'm assuming it plays like Fallout 1 & 2, except with a 70s vibe, rather than a 50s vibe.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Same here. Happy to see the game is still being worked on. I love replaying it quite regularly. :)

They have a new developer working on the game, and they also did a new (free) tourism update a few months ago.

(I've only played Surviving Mars with the existing dlc, but it must have been the biggest drag of a game in the the mid -> late game without Green Planet, and it will still benefit a lot from some more fleshing out)

• Thanks 1

Well, I completely lost my interest, when the lead developer told in interview, that the main character would be so likeable, you would love to invite them to your living room 😄 This means, that the vibe of this game is galaxies far away from the original tetralogy, that I should not bother follow it anymore 😄

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I was really scared for a while when it seemed like The Boss was a set, premade character (#NotMyBoss), but toward the end of the video they suggested you can still design your own character. Hopefully they still have at least 3 male and 3 female voices to choose from, like before.I suppose it would be too much to ask for the Spicy Latina voice from SR2 to make a return?

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Character customization is shown from 5:47-5:48 when a blond lady boss in gray shorts and some sports bra thingie swings open the saloon door, turns into a white dude in some old fashioned suit, into a metal dude with green mo-hawk, into a black corpulent dude.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thank goodness. Making The Boss a preset character would have been the worst decision in the history of decisions, worse than Hitler deciding to invade Russia. :p

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸