Random Video gamE newS

10 hours ago, melkathi said:

It showed nothing about the game other than it being marvel. We could tell that from the title.

1) setting. Means nothing to me, but might mean something to marvel fans

2) selection of heroes - from movie A listers like Ironman, Caps, Dr. strange, B listers, like Ghost Rider and some I am not familiar with

3) we create our customisable Avatar - I think the “hero” who is resurrected. From interviews it’s supposed to have a bigger RPG focus with a camp and conversations with heroes we recruit. 

FIraxis’ Marvel Game sounds good on paper, but I am doubtful it will actually be good. Looking advertising around Chimera Squad it seems that Firaxis deems XCOM2 too complicated to new comers. I shudder to think what they will do with an IP aimed at a mass market. 

There is of course chance they will make good game first, and then let IP do the selling, but I am doubtful. 

Firaxis is a decent sized company, so I expect they are also developing Xcom 3. If this Marvel game is near Chimera Squad quality, I'll probably be pretty happy. 

Ghost Rider did seem like an off fit with that bunch, too. But maybe that's just because my last memory of him was a Nick Cage movie. :p

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

Firaxis is a decent sized company, so I expect they are also developing Xcom 3. If this Marvel game is near Chimera Squad quality, I'll probably be pretty happy. 

That would mean XCOM3 wouldn’t be Jake’s baby. Which is not impossible, if Civ can switch directors between installements, why not XCOM. I doubt it though. In interview, Jake mentioned that higher ups contacted him, precisely because they liked XCOM and wanted something like that but with Marvel. I assume XCOM team is working on Midnight Suns. 

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I like XCOM but loathe superheroes, so so torn about this.

It was observed already that FiraXCOMs were pretty much superhero games. Jumping from Enemy Within and XCOM2 to superheroes isn’t really a change in tone. I doubt they will kill off Ironman though - temporary decommission like in Chimera is more likely. 

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

It was observed already that FiraXCOMs were pretty much superhero games. Jumping from Enemy Within and XCOM2 to superheroes isn’t really a change in tone. I doubt they will kill off Ironman though - temporary decommission like in Chimera is more likely. 

Yeah, I do tend to forget that the XCOM I love is mostly the work of modders and not Solomon and co when giving credit. I have a four-digit number of hours in the first game, and it'd still be four digits if I only counted Long War. XCOM 2 didn't even get to three digits.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I will have zero interest in Marvel-COM if it doesn't have permadeath. There are certain games, namely X-COM and Fire Emblem, in which I consider permadeath an integral part of the experience. I will be quite happy if they make it an option to disable permadeath, other people can play the game however they want, but if the option to have permadeath is not there, that's a deal-breaker for me.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My expectations of marvelcom is a game similar in scope to chimera squad, testing the water with more features for XCOM 3. The marvel license just adds bonus sales and possibly draws new players to the genre, ideally further increasing the sales potential of XCOM 3.

I would not hold my breath

for permadeath.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I will have zero interest in Marvel-COM if it doesn't have permadeath.

From what is said, it is unlikely to be XCOM-like when it comes to structure. RPG has been thrown around, so I expect bigger focus on linear progression. Chatting to "party members" in the base and building relations was also mentioned. And there is aformention main character, more similar to traditional RPGs then strategy/tactics hybrids. We will see what it will be in the end. 

On 8/26/2021 at 5:07 PM, Malcador said:

Welp, now I know what hell looks and sounds like. That might have been the most off-putting trailer I have seen since the Ghostbusters 2016 trailer.

I'm assuming this is supposed to appeal to the Fortnite crowd, which is admittedly a big crowd.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Unexpected late DLC to fabaolous Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun coming in December 2021. It seems that no changes has been made to the roster, which is a shame... I expected for at least one new character. I just hope there will be no story retcon, though timeline of the events is unclear. 

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken, MCA is a writer on The Waylanders.

The trailer doesn't show any gameplay, is it RTwP or turn-based?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

no, we are not

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

The only news site I follow is this one.

Fake news.

• Gasp! 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Melusina said:

you got me

I do like browsing here, you're much nicer than gog forums. But I also like to browse magazines (like physical ones) and digital news sites and I miss late physical era of my childhood.

Well, it is very hard to recommend anything, most of the online magazines, which I have read when I was much younger, are now riddled with game non-related political stuff, which do not tell me anything about the games, which I want to play. When I want to read politics, I go read political magazines. For me gaming is escapism from my busy daily routine, and I want to stay it that way... And I am saying that, as a person, who gets called "woketard" a lot because of my IRL career 🤷‍♂️

Anyway back to topic, if you are into Japanese games, I can recommend you Siliconera, which is probably a single online magazine, which I still read, which is still not completely rotten by the politics...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

@MelusinaI can't give away my trade secrets. How else can I maintain my status as the guy posting weird, niche games nobody else has ever heard of and probably nobody else cares about? It took me years to build that reputation.:shifty:

On a serious note, I get some of my obscure gaming news from Niche Gamer. Word of warning: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go into the comments section of the articles. If you do, I hope you have a thick skin and don't say I didn't warn you. They report on a lot of Japanese and Korean games, but not exclusively so. I would say about 75% of they stuff they post is of no interest to me, but it's worth browsing occasionally because I find some interesting games in the other 25% I might not find on a more mainstream site, where it would either get ignored because it's too, well, niche, or even if someone wrote a short article on it, it would get almost instantly bumped off the front page by 7 articles about the new CoD.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

It's looking pretty good! 

I wonder if they are going to implement NPC's anytime soon.

The cinematic trailer was cool, but coming home to some people is not actually in the game unless you play multiplayer, I think. I need some company. They don't need to dance around in bikinis like in Conan, but it would be nice if they can manage the stove. :p

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

They don't need to dance around in bikinis like in Conan, but it would be nice if they can manage the stove. :p

I am so taking that quote out of context. :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸