Random Video gamE newS

20 hours ago, Malcador said:

"Between memorable setpieces and lovable characters were moments of casual sexism and homophobia within its main cast and beyond—the sort of stuff that I breezed by in all media when I was a dumb 15-year-old."

Ah yes, and now at the wizened old age of 25, the wisdom of the ages reveals how boorish and unsophisticated these games truly were. Of course, it wouldn't be a PCGamer piece without pointing to some -ism or two. Why do I keep clicking these links at all, I wonder.

Interestingly, the trailer itself fell even flatter than the article, a bit of a pattern for me with everything that tries to be #currentyear.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

Don't know what to make out of a trailer that does not include gameplay. But it sure looks cheesy(SR reboot)...

Man, I hate reboots. Why not make SR V or Agents of Mayhem 2?!

The SR Reboot makes at least some sense, because it was never released on PC.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 minutes ago, melkathi said:

If you want to talk homophobia, Borderlands says hi. 

Not seen PCGamer bothered there.

You know, Triple A releases,  which have ads all over your site, are not to be criticized 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

Is that boring chump in red scarf supposed to be our character? The game where you can make a big fat dude, give him green prom queen hair and a goatee and make him run around in Japanese schoolgirl outfit, and they pick "investment banker chic" look for the trailer? :down:

If you're referring to the SR3 trailer, red scarf was Phillipe Loren, head of the Syndicate and the Morningstars.  I think shades and checked-vest dude who jumps over the rails at 1:21 or so and gets saved by Johnny Gat was supposed to be the Boss in the trailer (#notmysaintsboss).

I'm pretty sure that the Boss in the reboot trailer is the woman with the missile launcher.  That would make bow-tie guy Eli, shirtless dude Kevin and the driver Neenah from the four Saints founders (this time around).

1 hour ago, Katphood said:

Nevermind SR, look what I have for you, kids!

GOTY 2021

I have high hopes for this!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3 hours ago, Katphood said:

Nevermind SR, look what I have for you, kids!

GOTY 2021

Pretty recognisable render of Felicity Kendall, and greatly raises my hopes for a Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin The Goodies game eventually getting made (include Kitten Kong, specifically, pretty please).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 213374U said:

Why do I keep clicking these links at all, I wonder.

The same reason people watch videos of car crashes? 😝

I played SR III quite a bit. The DLC too. But... big but... it was always co-op. The game is just fun mechanically and in an over the top way when playing as a team. My friend (a nice girl with a real killer instinct) was just the perfect partner in crime (the same friend I enjoyed completing Borderlands 1, 2 & Prequel as well as Portal 2 with). A very competitive person. Emerging game play much? Probably. Some games are just more fun when played with other people. I would have gotten bored with SR III shortly after start if I had had to play it for the story.

• Haha 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My experience is literally the same as yours with SRTT and IV. Just dumb fun with a friend in an over the top-themed sandbox with no pretenses of being higher entertainment or anything. Just running around causing mayhem with a **** bat or dubstep gun while my character yells "I am the greatest!".

In other news, I don't know if you guys have heard, but there's massive internet drama regarding what's for many games the go-to site for mods, Nexus.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-02-nexus-mods-will-no-longer-allow-authors-to-delete-mod-files

The article is incorrect in that the change was only notified to authors after someone tried to delete their mod and found that they couldn't. The less than open way this was rolled out and the obvious monetization of other people's work has burned a lot of goodwill with some modders, who have simply up and left to make their own site, Mods-in-Exile (yeah...). I don't expect much to change honestly, Nexus is simply too big and it's easy not to notice or care.

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, I've noticed it few days ago, did not knew, they made the angry modders made new site. I fully understand, that they are angry, with the way how it is handled, they are losing much of the control of their mods. Thanks for the link to the newer site, I hope it will become more userfriendly than the Nexus...

Edited by Mamoulian War

18 hours ago, 213374U said:

Ah yes, and now at the wizened old age of 25, the wisdom of the ages reveals how boorish and unsophisticated these games truly were.

Come now, I'd think here of all places, being a sophisticated genius (and that naturally extending to tastes in games) at so young an age would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

Nexus went to ****, I use it when I really, really need to. Hope the new site gets some traction.

I'm noticing Patreon accounts seem to offer the best content as far as modding material goes, for any particular niche. 

But it's private and you gotta pay, which means every gamer outside of Twitter and Youtube will have a ****fit if it becomes the new norm.

19 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

I'm noticing Patreon accounts seem to offer the best content as far as modding material goes, for any particular niche. 

But it's private and you gotta pay, which means every gamer outside of Twitter and Youtube will have a ****fit if it becomes the new norm.

wow, should we not socialize our mods comrade? 

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

19 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

wow, should we not socialize our mods comrade? 

Get with the times, yo.  It's called Common Prosperity now.  Everyone should socialize themselves and get a Patreon account and produce content, and a good chunk of the money you earn circulates back into the community by supporting other creators.

These backwards types I tells ya.

Edited by ComradeYellow

Sounds like capitalism with extra steps :)

• Haha 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

Is it? I only know of one such case, but the content isn't exclusive. Guy simply set up his Patreon for people to give him money if they wanted, but his -it's more of a team's now really- content is available freely.

30 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Is it?

In several cases, yes.  Patreons get access to exclusive features of content that aren't freely available.  I can imagine people getting outraged if the trend continues down that line, even though it would result in better quality mods.

Edited by ComradeYellow

Finally some Elden Ring details. Indeed seems like it’s an evolution of Dark Souls rather then a drastically different IP. 

EDIT: No actual gameplay yet - just report by people who have seen it. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Kraid looks pretty awesome. It seems like the main villain is a Chozo, though it could just be a smokescreen and Mother Brain is pulling the strings as per usual. I imagine they're saving Ridley for the final trailer before launch.

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Huh, MicroProse is back. I want to say that probably every other game I had in the 90s was from them.

My top 5 MicoProse games in no particular order because I can't choose between them

• Master of Orion 2
  • Sword of the Samurai
  • X-COM
  • Twilight 2000
  • The Punisher
  • Civ2
  • Colonization
  • Covert Action
  • Elite
  • Falcon 3.0
  • Majesty

---

I'm somewhat excited about the Marvel game because I'm sure the game I've imagined in my head is way different than the game that's actually being made. I'm neutral on the Saints Row reboot and the trailer didn't move the needle any.  

Free games updated 3/4/21