Random Video gamE newS

Always forget how snobby this place is.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Always forget how snobby this place is.

If a developer's name starts with the letter B and it lives long enough, it will end up becoming a villain. Blizzard, Bioware, Batman, Bethesda.

Also, not snobs but holders of the one and only incontrovertible truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Or just the Codex minus the racism.  :lol:

Brack got the sack from Blizzard - https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/blizzard/23706475/new-leadership-at-blizzard

Interesting how the title of the head of Blizzard has been downgraded, Morhaime was CEO, Brack was President and these two are co-leads, although guess their official one may be just unknown as of now

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very good choice! 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Good money to be had there, so makes sense.   People have said they want pet battles on mobile in the past, too.

Edited by Malcador

Hey, a question to all of you: I'm the kind of player who's into Deadfire-type games mainly for the story. CRPG happens to be my main genre, but as we all know, there's not much available now, particularly in the fantasy RTWP niche.

So, if I were to try branching out a little, forgetting the fantasy and the RTWP but keeping hold of the main idea that "I love a game with a good story", is there anything (hopefully recent) out there that you'd think I might enjoy? Recommendations welcome and appreciated.

15 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

So, if I were to try branching out a little, forgetting the fantasy and the RTWP but keeping hold of the main idea that "I love a game with a good story", is there anything (hopefully recent) out there that you'd think I might enjoy? Recommendations welcome and appreciated.

Plague Tale: Innocence was praised to high heaven for it's writing, though I found it merely fine. Characters are well done and well acted, but overall narrative I found to be distractignly daft. 

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - like above, but I loved this one. 

I am personally into those small indie "artsy" titles, but don't know how they would appeal to you: Undertale, Firewatch, anything Supergiant (but ideally not Transistor, and preferably Pyre)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Hey, a question to all of you: I'm the kind of player who's into Deadfire-type games mainly for the story. CRPG happens to be my main genre, but as we all know, there's not much available now, particularly in the fantasy RTWP niche.

Disco Elysium.

• Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

44 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Wildermyth has a story you create via making choices for successive generations of adventurers. The Witcher games have pretty good stories all in all despite some blunders here and there. The Forgotten City is an adventure game but won an Australian Writers Guild Award.

Edited by Oner
  • Like 2

@xzar_monty Maybe check some articles about Beautiful Desolation. I really do not know if it could be something what you might be into, but you never know. Indie game form South Africa IIRC.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/385710/Opinion_Ass_Effect__Whats_really_behind_the_Miranda_Lawson_freakout.php

I had to post this after our last discussion about the normal admiration for Mirandas voluptuous figure

So its a really objective discussion about this question. Its also written by a lady which is important, I dont think keeping Miranda in the same way is about objectification. Since when did admiring someone  become a negative ....but we all have our own views 

But here is what another  person wrote,  it sounds clever but I am not sure I understand what point she is making?

Philosopher Martha Nussbaum argues quite persuasively that real objectification lies in what she calls fungibility--a kind of interchangability. The objectified body is not necessarily sexy, but deindivudated, and therefore fungible with any other body or body-part. Individuality and identity are lost.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1245620/ELDEN_RING/

Guys good news,  Elden Ring is now on steam. Take a look at the video.....this game looks excellent :dancing:

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Is this some sort of open world dark souls?

Yes, Mamie was saying the same thing even and  though I havent played DS it does look like that design ....I am currently downloading Mods for DS 1. I am considering playing it after Reckoning :Amalur 8)

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Is this some sort of open world dark souls?

Difficult to say, but sure looks like it. Maybe it will live up to the opening Metroidvania feel of DS1.

I finally got around to starting DS3 for real. Still Sekiro to be played, and considering I generally need a decent break after each DS it might be a while till I get to ER. DS3 isn't too punishing so far, though. Feels almost relaxing after asswooping that was DS2. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2

I am planning to go back to Dark Souls Remastered, but I keep postponing it al the time 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Difficult to say, but sure looks like it. Maybe it will live up to the opening Metroidvania feel of DS1.

I finally got around to starting DS3 for real. Still Sekiro to be played, and considering I generally need a decent break after each DS it might be a while till I get to ER. DS3 isn't too punishing so far, though. Feels almost relaxing after asswooping that was DS2. 

I might be playing DS1 from tomorrow, do you think I should ....I dont think I have ever played this type of JRPG before?

And I will definitely use a controller :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

I might be playing DS1 from tomorrow, do you think I should ....

IMO DS1 is the most special out of those three so you definitely should. DS1 is one of those games everyone should give a go, I think. Even if it won’t be your cup of tea, it’s one of a kind experience. 

Personally I didn’t find DS1 as punishing as it’s reputation would suggest. I mean you will die, but I never found it frustrating, tedious or discouraging (as DS2 felt). Once you get a hang of the game, feel free to google or ask around - there some some important mechanics, that IMO don’t get explained properly.

EDIT. If stuck, summons (be it NPC of friendly players) is DS version of easy mode. To my great shame I did “skip” one tough boss fight through an assist of a more competent player. Need to go back to DS1 and do it all proper. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2