Random Video gamE newS

1 hour ago, the_dog_days said:

Looks like Axis Football 2021 is adding create a team and more team customizablity. I will be buying if only to provide the devs with my much needed opinion on what parts to focus on improving next.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1641830/Axis_Football_2021/

I've been keen to play an American Football game, it's been too long since I have. I'll very likely pick this up, largely on account of it being Not Madden. EA can go **** themselves.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I've been keen to play an American Football game, it's been too long since I have. I'll very likely pick this up, largely on account of it being Not Madden. EA can go **** themselves.

Coaching mode is the way to play these games--there's just too much jank in controlling the players yourself. In coach mode you call plays, audibles, and hot routes it's just the AI controls the players after the snap.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sarex said:

"White man's opinion" :facepalm:

I stopped reading there.

Yeah, that part was stupid and unnecessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

11 hours ago, Sarex said:

"White man's opinion" :facepalm:

I stopped reading there.

I agree in the sense whenever someone makes a point and says " white people\men" its normally a sweeping and inaccurate generalization that often demonstrates they are doing the same thing they claim to be opposed to ....like fighting " racism\colonialism\inequality ". Sometimes people dont realize they are unintentionally contradicting their own argument and sometimes they dont care ....so I never take that type of commentary in a serious or constructive way 

But in this case I can ignore that type of framing of the issue at Activision because this has nothing to do with white men but rather real and systemic sexism within the office environment. My annoyance at the generalization is not the same as my concern with the actual issue...which needs to be addressed properly by Activision management 

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

A new update on Valheim:

864c93067050d4a6df38585765508fcaf890ff47

9fe56f0a21066b7ca5c8a0017c170d304ab69ddb

Coin stack and Coin pile - so you can build a dragon worthy hoard with all your excess wealth (sorry trolls)

Treasure chest - to keep your additional excess wealth and supplies safe

Iron grate - to lock up your treasures, or maybe a captured greydwarf or two

The coin piles and stacks are big for me. If anyone remembers my Conan Exiles adventures from a few years ago, my throne room had piles of treasure everywhere because my lifestyle was so opulent I couldn't contain all my wealth in the treasury. Now I will be able to do that in Valheim too.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I agree in the sense whenever someone makes a point and says " white people\men" its normally a sweeping and inaccurate generalization that often demonstrates they are doing the same thing they claim to be opposed to ....like fighting " racism\colonialism\inequality ". Sometimes people dont realize they are unintentionally contradicting their own argument and sometimes they dont care ....so I never take that type of commentary in a serious or constructive way 

But in this case I can ignore that type of framing of the issue at Activision because this has nothing to do with white men but rather real and systemic sexism within the office environment. My annoyance at the generalization is not the same as my concern with the actual issue...which needs to be addressed properly by Activision management 

You are right, which makes me roll my eyes even harder. That person could have just not written that, but instead had to jeopardize their whole point with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/former-blizzard-and-co-founder-of-arenanet-jeff-strain-calls-for-unionization-in-the-games-industry-2000122682

I respect and admire Jeff Strain so what I am about to say is not a personal criticism of him outside of his current suggestions to the Activision scandal 

He is suggesting unionization as a solution to this office misconduct? Why do you need to unionize to deal with blatant sexism that is already addressed in normal office codes of conduct that everyone should sign and be aware of when you join any listed company. I have worked 22 years in white collar jobs in listed companies and not once has it even been  remotely discussed in the SA media narrative that  we need unions to deal with bigotry 

So this idea for Activision makes no sense to me?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-blizzards-reputation-collapsed-in-just-3-years/

Here is good link that discusses the various levels of decline at Blizzard that lead to the current scandal 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

9 hours ago, Lexx said:

You are right, which makes me roll my eyes even harder. That person could have just not written that, but instead had to jeopardize their whole point with this.

Yeah, he also put there D vs R as an ongoing issue, which will drop on many many deaf ears in current polarizing society, which would in other case not have an issue with supporting the cause... Bringing politics in such a sensitive thing is the worst thing anyone can do, if they really want to achieve any change... You really need support from as many people as possible for that...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-blizzards-reputation-collapsed-in-just-3-years/

Here is good link that discusses the various levels of decline at Blizzard that lead to the current scandal 

Like their last truly good game wasn't Lost Vikings. 

• Haha 5

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

6 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Like their last truly good game wasn't Lost Vikings. 

I didnt recognize this game so I looked it up.....it was released in 1993 !!! :lol:

So I assume you joking because that cant be accurate .....they have released very successful games like Diablo after that ?

John Milton 

We differentiate between truly good and successful. Not necessarily the same. For example many people would argue that 50 Shades of Gray was a very successful book, but not any shade of good.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

We differentiate between truly good and successful. Not necessarily the same. For example many people would argue that 50 Shades of Gray was a very successful book, but not any shade of good.

You authors are clever with your words and usage of English, good one ;)

• Haha 1

John Milton 

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I didnt recognize this game so I looked it up.....it was released in 1993 !!! :lol:

So I assume you joking because that cant be accurate .....they have released very successful games like Diablo after that ?

I guess you have a point, as I did forget about Blackthorne.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

4 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

I guess you have a point, as I did forget about Blackthorne.

But one thing that really matters, their behavior and actions as a company can undermine their history of  success and any  positive views people may have of them as gaming company that we want to support . And whats worse about this latest scandal  is its real, it was avoidable and its 100 % self-inflicted 

John Milton 

there is nothing left of blizzard which did D2 or WC3. its just label, shell of good old company. Buying Blizzard game these days is like buying turd in golden foil. Even remake of D2 have to be done by someone outside of Blizzard so its not crap as what they pulled on reforged...

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

19 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

there is nothing left of blizzard which did D2 or WC3. its just label, shell of good old company. Buying Blizzard game these days is like buying turd in golden foil. Even remake of D2 have to be done by someone outside of Blizzard so its not crap as what they pulled on reforged...

Im not clear on what you suggesting, are you saying you dont like Blizzard ?

:teehee:

John Milton