Random Video gamE newS

Latest news from the Chinese gaming front:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/jul/15/china-video-game-censorship-tencent-netease-blizzard

:(

Well hopefully those flowers will blossom soon, gaming is still kind of an awkward thing in the Middle Kingdom, but the doors seem to be slowly opening up.

It boils down to the usual weeding out of contradictions and finding some kind of sweet spot that works for everyone. 

IIRC, someone was talking few days/weeks ago, about Black Geyser. Today, it got it's own GOG page. Insta-wishlisted :)

https://www.gog.com/game/black_geyser_couriers_of_darkness

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/classified-challenger-tank-specs-leaked-online-for-videogame/

"A gamer identifying as Challenger 2 commander has posted a classified document online in order to improve the accuracy of the design of the tank in the game ‘War Thunder’."

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Its a bit old but I only watched it this week. Dying Light 2 is looking incredible, this latest video reminds me of the Vampire themed series " The Strain " where you have these hives of infected creatures that sleep during the day in dark buildings

Man I cant wait for this game  ....day 1 purchase for sure !!!!

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 7/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, MrBrown said:

That Black Geyser thing looks so much like the IE games that I almost feel like checking if they stole art assets.

Yeah of all the indies in recent years, it's the one that comes truly close to giving you that IE games vibe. :)

Blizzard's got an interesting office culture - https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

Heh, does put Afrasiabi, Kaplan and maybe even Metzen and Morhaime's departures in a light. 

• Gasp! 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Blizzard's got an interesting office culture - https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

Heh, does put Afrasiabi, Kaplan and maybe even Metzen and Morhaime's departures in a light. 

What does Retaliation here mean?

26 minutes ago, Oner said:

What does Retaliation here mean?

I guess those that speak up about someone misbehaving were getting poor reviews/denied promotions or assigned to do tasks below their position. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Its a list of serious indictments and grievances towards Blizzard, they need to address it and I would expect people to be fired if some of these allegations are true. But it must be handled 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

John Milton 

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Quite sickening to read about that suicide.

Afrasiabi's departure seems connected with this for sure at least, with the way he silently dissappeared recently.

Yep, I guess Brack will resign.  Although this seems like a mess Morhaime handed him - apparently WC3 Reforged was a cluster**** due to insufficient budget and a tight timeline from corporate, as well.

Then again, all said, the stuff in the lawsuit is from one side so far.

Edited by Malcador

12 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I didn't had the time to dive into it much, but is this a real expansion, for money and stuff, or just a mod? Couldn't make that out in short time and I also can't find any screenshots, etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I didn't had the time to dive into it much, but is this a real expansion, for money and stuff, or just a mod? Couldn't make that out in short time and I also can't find any screenshots, etc.

Its an expansion, 20 hours or so in  length  and for high level characters from level 17 onwards and continues after the original campaign 

John Milton 

Well, that's pretty cool.

Kinda wish we would get new expansions for other old games as well.

In fact, I kinda hope they will find a way to add new content into Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Edited by Lexx
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."