Is Brandon Adler's team developing PoE3?

The big project is Avowed, where lots of Obsidian people is working. There is The Outer Worlds 2 project, the Josh Sawyer game with a size of 10 devs, the team working in Grounded, and the small team Brandon Adler is leading.

Maybe PoE3 is in the works? I supose they will want to finish the saga, and Adler's team can be working in PoE3. What do you think?

Maybe. I would be more confident if I knew who's working with (or "for") him. Like for example Nick Carver (who designed most of the later additional subclasses of Deadfire such as Forbidden Fist, Furyshaper, Ancient etc.).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't think they'll start developing a Pillars of Eternity 3 until TOW2 and Avowed are finished. I hope so, actually. I don't think working at this many big games at the same time is a good idea. Probably TOW2 and Avowed will have a robust post-launch support, maybe expansions. Then, it will be a better time to start working on a PoE3 I think.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:52 AM, LuccA said:

I don't think working at this many big games at the same time is a good idea

depends on how much support MSFT is throwing obsidian's way.

game dev cycles are long, so it might even be the case that the team is small now for "pre-production" and ramp up as the other projects get close to done so that Obsidian has a regular cadence of releases now that they're in MSFT's financial kingdom.