Hello folks, just killed the ooze mountain megaboss for the first time and decided to see what would happen with the droppings and this spell. 

It works. You can extend the buff, and after 12 seconds also get your party member back. 

Now I realize extending a +4 power level buff after beating a superboss probably won't have any practical effects but, hey who knows? You people beat Potd with solo characters (I'm only on veteran). Im sure someone will get some use out of this info. As for me, I'm gonna use try and use it on dorudugan, and see how strong I can get mirke's fists. 

• Like 1

Well solo it's useless because you need an allied target. 😛

Also it's combat only and only 1x per rest so it can't be extended beyond a single fight.

On top of that as you said it requires you to kiil hauani so after that there's not much combat left.

That being said +4 pl is quite nice, combine it with the +3 from FS (which can be extended infinitely since it's out of combat)

and a couple of other PL buffs and you might even have an argument for not doing a no rest run at least after killing Hauani.

Thanks for sharing. It is nice indeed on characters that benefit a lot from stacking PL - Monks, spellcasters, certain Rogue builds... You could use it in combination with all the other general and keyworded PL boosting items on a Fury druid with Brilliant and Greater Maelstrom... the Perfect Storm.

In general, those megaboss trinkets are far from impressive, but this is probably the most useful one.

As a general rule of thumb, I **think** that all beneficial effects can be prolonged in combat with SoT/WoD unless they are "borrowed" (e.g. Borrowed Instinct). What can be prolonged outside of combat is a bit more funky.

There are several effects that work in your favor and are not "borrowed" but still won't get listed on your character sheet/character tooltip - like Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage for example. Those can't be prolonged afaik (I mean with SoT/WoD/SoF etc. - of course PL and INT have an effect when casting the spell). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

24 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

There are several effects that work in your favor and are not "borrowed" but still won't get listed on your character sheet/character tooltip

Yes indeed, by beneficial effects I meant those that explicitly appear as a buff on your character.

I was about to say that to simplify, we could say that any effect that has an aggressive component (e.g. Repulsive Visage, Relentless Storm but also "Borrowed" spells) aren't prolonged but all the "pure" buffing effects are but this is very wrong. Cloak of Death for example can be prolonged and you can't find more aggressive. I think the Piercing Sigil too. and even Llengrath's Safeguard can be prolonged but has an aggressive Push component. It's not even a matter of whether there is an attack roll or not. Nevermind... :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

That being said +4 pl is quite nice, combine it with the +3 from FS (which can be extended infinitely since it's out of combat)

what's the +3 from? Im not knowledgeable enough to recognize from the initials. I'm assuming forgotten sanctum lol

14 minutes ago, Chagdoo said:

what's the +3 from? Im not knowledgeable enough to recognize from the initials. I'm assuming forgotten sanctum lol

You were right this is referring to Forgotten Sanctum. Good reminder though to not write too much in Deadfire gibberish :).

@Raven Darkholme is talking about the Weyc's Wand Final Soulbound Upgrade:

Attuned Channel: After Empowering an ability, gain +3 Power Level for 20.0 sec

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chagdoo said:

Now I realize extending a +4 power level buff after beating a superboss probably won't have any practical effects but, hey who knows?

the ukaizo fight is a bullet sponge fight if you clear all the megabosses, so getting +4 pl for that would be still quite nice.

i'm assumign this also works for wall of draining? a wizard that can get perpetually +4 PL *and* the party member back would be pretty good for whatever remaining fights you have.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Avenging Storm as well iirc. It's a mess. ;)

This is just Deadfire at it's finest:

Something appears to be the rule of thumb, but then you just find countless exceptions and nothing makes sense anymore, see also passives and actives, stacking of buffs etc.

19 hours ago, Chagdoo said:

As @Not So Clever Houndalready mentioned it's Weycs wand from Forgotten Sanctum, which btw with a chanter and sasha Singing Scimitar and Brilliant already on the chanter you can infinitely proc out of combat, but ofc one time is enough, if you then extend it.

• Like 1