Grounded Suggestion: Allow The "Gas Mask" To Reduce The Fog Effect In The Haze

Don't get me wrong

I like the concept of the Haze Biome and understand why there would be some fog; however, it's just kinda weird that despite wearing a mask with goggles, the fog is just as thick.

For me personally, I have trouble seeing in the fog and often find myself exploded or attacked on, all because I couldn't see an enemy coming from diagonally in front of me. (Also an additional off-topic note, when I found the last Juice-Bow in the haze, I did not get the mutation. Idk if that's a bug or not...)

Anyway my pitch is to allow the gas mask to reduce the thickness of the fog a bit to make things a little more clearer. Maybe even give an armor set that can do so? (Tho if there was an armor set, a good set bonus should be poison immunity of all kinds)

20210620095801_1.jpg

Edited by Silver0PK0Power
  • Like 1

Yes....first person view is awful in the haze. Not only fogged over, but the dizzy special effects...wavy spirals and floating flecks of debris.... makes it so hard to focus that I'm easily lost and quickly nauseated. Very immersive. Extremely effective. But, not pleasant. Feeling a little sick. Claustrophobic. I don't need a health bar in real life to take the hint. "Get me outta here!" 

Should a gas mask make the visuals less daunting? I would suggest, at the very least, reduce the wavy psychedelic yellow queasiness. Foggy....sure. It is the Haze, after all.  But many of us get dizzy just climbing the spiral stairs too fast, let alone getting tipsy on yellow fumes. A gas mask upgrade would help. :) 

• Like 1

I can’t do first person anything..  Way too close up for me.  Spiral stairs were cool when they first came out until I decided to build a staircase up to the birdbath.   Let’s just say I dont use it much 🤢   I agree haze needs some fog or it wouldn’t be the haze.   Tier 2 mask that reduces the fog..  I feel the sunlight is more an issue for me where some days it is crystal clear and you can see across the map, other days the sun in so blinding you have to wait for some time to pass before you can do anything.   Guess it does make it more realistic idk.   Maybe we could craft some sunglasses on the super sunny days 🤔😂

• Like 1