Probably a stupid idea, but...

Now that Microsoft owns both, what if Obsidian did some collaboration with Id?  Let Id design/help with the gunplay, gameplay, movement, etc.  And Obsidian does all of the writing/artwork/basically everything else.

I know the chances of this happening are next to zero.  And I can't even be sure that it would work well (too many cooks).  But I can dream! 

12 hours ago, AnRPGer said:

Now that Microsoft owns both, what if Obsidian did some collaboration with Id?  Let Id design/help with the gunplay, gameplay, movement, etc.  And Obsidian does all of the writing/artwork/basically everything else.

If I could I would marry Arcane with Obsidian, though frankly IMO both are doing fine on their own.

13 hours ago, Jozape said:

Id Software helped out with Fallout 4's gunplay, though I don't know if they said how much they actually did

Maybe that explains why the gunplay in FO4 feels (to me at least) like a bit of a bump up when compared to FO3/NV. 

Though, as you say, I wonder how much they actually did since (in my opinion) the gunplay in FO4 isn't even on the same plane of existence as Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, etc.

EDIT: I just updated my profile picture.  I'm not biased at all!

Edited by AnRPGer