I thought of binding Belt of the Royal Cannoneer and Company Captain's Hat to Kana (to buff his stats, and also to prevent my main buffer from getting CCed to much - and Firebrand seems pretty dope), War Club to Eder and the One-Eyed Arbalest seems quite intriguing as well, since I adore Sagani a bit too much to not have 2 Rangers now until the end of time. Would Sagani or MC Ranger be good with an Arbalest (this one specifically) or am I better off going guns on one and Hunting Bows on the other?

Edit: I have the bugfux for the One-Eyed Crossbow from the nexus installed.

Edited by SirMirrorcoat

Company Captain's Hat = best item for the "head"-slot

Belt of the Royal Cannoneer = best or maybe 2nd best item (depends how you rate "looped belt") on the "waist"-slot

If you give both to the same build, the DEX-boni will stack.

4 minutes ago, SirMirrorcoat said:

That would normally seem a bit obsolete on a chanter as far as my knowledge goes..?

I use the Company Captain's Hat for my Paladin...

...and the Belt of the Royal Cannoneer for my Cypher.

I am not so sure I will have a Paladin anymore...

I have Ranger MC, Sagani, GM, Eder and Kana, and I love them all and don't want to ditch them xD

Hate Durance's guts by now and just want to get rid of him and use either Aloth (which grew on me) or Hiravias/Pallegina if I like one of them more than Aloth... Only Durance's buffs are so great...

You have no Barb, but if you had I would totally recommend the Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer for a Barb in order to do something like this (which is still a lot of fun imo):

Firebrand is good on everything with lots of dmg bonuses and high attack speed, too. For example Cipher (Soul Whip + Biting Whip + Time Parasite).  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

34 minutes ago, SirMirrorcoat said:

So, would you say the Belt of RC would be better on Grieving Mother?

I use it on my Cipher - and that was a good decision.

But I always start battles with "weapon and shield" until my priest has finished buffing...

...in the later game "Defensive Mindweb" has the very nice effect, that only the build with the highest (or at least high) Deflection and Reflex values stays with "weapon & shield" while all other builds can switch to a two-handed weapon without loosing any Deflection and Reflex boni.

Edited by demon72

52 minutes ago, SirMirrorcoat said:

So, would you say the Belt of RC would be better on Grieving Mother?

If it's about Firebrand then def. yes. But maybe you only need the attribute bonuses and/or the Flame Shield. Then it depends. :)

Kana with Firebrand isn't very synergistic. He has no special melee passives and no active weapon abilities either - until you reach "Their Champion" which would give him some more prowess. 

One side note: as all summoned and soulbound weapons Firebrand doesn't belong to a special weapon focus category. They are "universal" and thus work with any weapon focus (no matter which one you pick it will work). This also includes the Priests' special weapon talents (Inspired Flame and whatnot) which give +10 ACC. So stuff like Firebrand but also any soulbound weapon can be used by any Priest in order to get the weapon focus (+6) and the gods' special weapon talent (+10). The weapon talent makes them as accurate as fighters (which have the highest starting accuracy in the game) - so that can give your Priest some consirerable melee capability. Not gamebreakingly good since a Priest has no active weapon attack either nor does he have weapon related passives - but it still makes a big difference if you want your Priest to use a weapon (from time to time) in the first place.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods