stop  WILL  DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Oh right.. they should have one on the bottom too :)

But, really, I think your original topic was fairly well discussed. Unless you have something more to add?

then they should have let this one fall to the bottom and start another thread.........

lock this threads Mods, i was hoping to get a dev's response.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Sound can't travel through space because there are no particles to vibrate and create sound...however there is no mystical force that binds the universe together. I think they just included sound so the game wouldn't be silent and boring. ;)

[sarcasm]Don't you guys know anything about starwars? Every ship comes equiped with sound effect generators that go off when you fire you're weapons. They also trigger the sound effect generators of nearby ships so that the enemy hears your turrets firing as well.[/sarcasm]

Err Opus there is light in space

Where ?!?

also as you can see by the anoying sun glare the SW:KotOR turret battles also taken place in a star system and not deep space.

Even in a 'star system' there wouldn't be enought light to illuminate things to such detail.

It is fantasy.. sorry Opus

That's not a valid exscuse.

Am i the only person in the universe who understands the concept of 'suspention of disbelief ?!?'

The reason why ships are over illuminated is because that's how it started out and how it has been for a long time. If you want to go with reality all the ships should be painted matte black reflecting little to no light, if there was any around. The reason why this wont happen is because people don't like "seeing" black objects flying through space.. and it makes gunning them down much harder (especially since all turrets seem to be manual <_<), bad for gameplay and some such.

I guess you are right, in the end, if it wasn't for 'people' something as stupid as Star Wars wouldn't have become so popular...

Opus. What do you not understand? Photons ARE light. They CAN and DO travel through the vacuum of space or it would be impossible for us to see anything even our own star. If light couldn't travel through vacuum our own planet would be eternally shrouded in darkness since all light in this solar system comes from the sun. (Not counting our own artificial light sources here on earth)

Opus. What do you not understand? Photons ARE light. They CAN and DO travel through the vacuum of space or it would be impossible for us to see anything even our own star. If light couldn't travel through vacuum our own planet would be eternally shrouded in darkness since all light in this solar system comes from the sun. (Not counting our own artificial light sources here on earth)

Who said that light can't travel throught vacuum ?!? What the heck are you talking about ?!?

You asked how ...

Light is proton emission, saying a star does not sends out enough protons to be reflected would be saying we cannot see the moon because the moon is visable because of Earth reflects Sol proton emission towards the moon that in its turn reflects then.

drakron.png

You asked how ...

Light is proton emission, saying a star does not sends out enough protons to be reflected would be saying we cannot see the moon because the moon is visable because of Earth reflects Sol proton emission towards the moon that in its turn reflects then.

Ok, i see what's going on here.

When i said there is no light in space, i never meant to imply light cannot exist in the syderal vacuum, only that there's isn't much of it, if at all.

As for you heart/moon reflection theory, i'm not quite sure what you just said there, i think i'll ignore that comment.

However, i will say this. Even in close proximity to a star, object in space shouldn't lit to such an extend as we've seen in basically every single sci-fi movie out there.

A small fighter would only cast a glimpse of reflection surrounded by pitch black shadows, berely visible unless you get real close.

A manned defence turret just doesn't make sense in my book. It's unpratical, it's unnecessary, it's dangerous, it's just down right dumb and plain annoying.

Do computers exist in the Star Wars universe at all ?!? Just wondering...

the fighter turret on the top, can we have one on the bottom too, it always seemed under armed withjust the one on top, unless you were going up against light capital war ships, with the foward guns......

There will be a retractable gun turret below the Ebon Hawk that will see use in limited situations. Think Empire when the Millenium Falcon is tearing out of Hoth, and you have the general idea.

the fighter turret on the top, can we have one on the bottom too, it always seemed under armed withjust the one on top, unless you were going up against light capital war ships, with the foward guns......

There will be a retractable gun turret below the Ebon Hawk that will see use in limited situations. Think Empire when the Millenium Falcon is tearing out of Hoth, and you have the general idea.

Cool...I know that minigames, such as the turret, are now optional, but can you make them better and more interesting for the gamers that kind of enjoyed them? Random number of enemies at different times, etc.

the laser gun that came down, and was blasting at storm dumbies??? yeah, i know what you are talking about. thanks

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome