Hello guys

I was remembering the good old times when I played Ragnarok Online, and I had a rogue (later was an assassin), and I wanted to simulate him now. If possible in a solo run.

He was based on high dodge skills, fast attack speed and critical hits. So I came into these options:

SC rogue trickster

Streetfighter/wizard 

Trickster/Troubador

Lots of options. Because of invisibility you don't have to brute-force all fights but can hit the panic button to leave the fight.

For example: 

Streetfighter/Skald or Troubadour with Whisps, Pukestabber + Marux Amanth and Deltro's Cage helmet. Upgraded Whisps shoot at you with a distracting attack which triggers Streetfighter passive (also give you a little lash via the helmet) - and of course they are summons (alsways good for solo runs). Chanter is great to have in a solo run anyway. 

Trickster/Steel Garrote, same daggers. Good survivability even when flanked. 

Assassin/Goldpact, Lover's Embrace + Pukestabber. Has all the endless damage over time abilites and thus can kill anything just by using Lover's Embrace with Gounging Strike and following up with Brand Enemy. If thungs go south just vanish with Smoke Veil and weit until the enemy dies. Pretty failsafe in most cases. 

Trickster/Stalker Pukestabber + Marux Amanth. Good defenses (Beasts Claw), very high accuracy, good mobility (Escape + Evasive Roll).

One of the meanests chars in terms of melee dagger dps (speed, crits, dmg bonses) is Berserker/Streetfighter - but it's not suited for solo unless you really force it. It attacks with very high speed and delivers a lot of crits and high crit dmaage (especially against near death enemies). It's a lot of fun imo but it has to be monitored by a healer because it's fragile due to the high self damage of Berseker's Frenzy (or you have to really know what you are doing and employ Voidward Ring and other dmg reduction and auto-healing).

Your choices also work. 

Just prepare to switch to different weapons in some fight because you will meet enemies that are pretty resistant or even immune to slash dmg. And underpenetration is so severe in this game that you def. want to switch to a piercing (stilettos, rapiers, spears, hammers) or crushing (clubs, maces, flails, hammers) setup from time to time. You can also pick Monastic Unarmed Training and use your bare fists (it's good).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Lots of options. Because of invisibility you don't have to brute-force all fights but can hit the panic button to leave the fight.

For example: 

Streetfighter/Skald or Troubadour with Whisps, Pukestabber + Marux Amanth and Deltro's Cage helmet. Upgraded Whisps shoot at you with a distracting attack which triggers Streetfighter passive (also give you a little lash via the helmet) - and of course they are summons (alsways good for solo runs). Chanter is great to have in a solo run anyway. 

Trickster/Steel Garrote, same daggers. Good survivability even when flanked. 

Assassin/Goldpact, Lover's Embrace + Pukestabber. Has all the endless damage over time abilites and thus can kill anything just by using Lover's Embrace with Gounging Strike and following up with Brand Enemy. If thungs go south just vanish with Smoke Veil and weit until the enemy dies. Pretty failsafe in most cases. 

Trickster/Stalker Pukestabber + Marux Amanth. Good defenses (Beasts Claw), very high accuracy, good mobility (Escape + Evasive Roll).

One of the meanests chars in terms of melee dagger dps (speed, crits, dmg bonses) is Berserker/Streetfighter - but it's not suited for solo unless you really force it. It attacks with very high speed and delivers a lot of crits and high crit dmaage (especially against near death enemies). It's a lot of fun imo but it has to be monitored by a healer because it's fragile due to the high self damage of Berseker's Frenzy (or you have to really know what you are doing and employ Voidward Ring and other dmg reduction and auto-healing).

Your choices also work. 

Just prepare to switch to different weapons in some fight because you will meet enemies that are pretty resistant or even immune to slash dmg. And underpenetration is so severe in this game that you def. want to switch to a piercing (stilettos, rapiers, spears, hammers) or crushing (clubs, maces, flails, hammers) setup from time to time. You can also pick Monastic Unarmed Training and use your bare fists (it's good).

And about a Furyshaper/Streetfigther? Fury shapers will have better survivability than berserker right?

New build, I am trying a Sniper Scout (Assassin/stalker) build. Max MIG, DEX and PER, INT around 12~15, dumped CON and RES. 
The idea is using archebus from stealth, send the pet to tank and finish with pistols/blunderbuss. If pet dies, Smoke bomb and retry.

I heard that one handed pistol reload faster than two handed? 

2 hours ago, Ranndar said:

I heard that one handed pistol reload faster than two handed? 

Yes. The 50% reload time reduction from the Rushed Reload modal is faster than dual wielding + Two Handed Style. The accuracy is only -3 and with One Handed Style you'll also get a decent crit conversion. So for auto-attacks and primary attacks it's better than dual pistols. Only drawback is that Full Attacks are better with two pistols. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

12 hours ago, Ranndar said:

If pet dies, Smoke bomb and retry.

I may be wrong but I think that if your pet dies where the enemy sits, combat won't end even if you smoke veil, until you revive your pet and/or finish the enemy... only SC Ranger has a PL9 ability called Shadowed Hunter that cloaks both the Ranger and the pet.

In this case you might be much better off with a Ghost Heart than a Stalker.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

4 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I may be wrong but I think that if your pet dies where the enemy sits, combat won't end even if you smoke veil, until you revive your pet and/or finish the enemy... only SC Ranger has a PL9 ability called Shadowed Hunter that cloaks both the Ranger and the pet.

In this case you might be much better off with a Ghost Heart than a Stalker.

In some fights the combat ended with the pet dead and he keeps ressurecting in the middle of the enemies, so I just keep moving him. The problem is that in some scenarios there’s no much space to use smoke veil and hide the pet, and he gets in the way. 

lets go back to character creation. Maybe trickster/GH or streetfighter/GH now