The all things Political Topic - For who in this dark, dream-haunted Land dares Resist the righteous flame of Wrath And Doom themselves to despair and death?

Amentep

28 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Great op-ed 👍

when the op-ed were penned, every US Senator, republican and democrat, were aware the trump and barr use of fed troops to suppress protests were Unconstitutional, and if such had occurred post ww2 until 2016, there woulda' been reflexive bipartisan condemnation o' such excess. by the summer o' 2020 we were no longer surprised by the gop refusal to deny trump efforts to indulge even previous unthinkable exercises o' executive power. were disappointed even so. mattis condemnation o' the militarized fed response to protests were what every senator were already knowing, and near half were pretending as if such were no biggie. worse, many were public stating such authoritarian bs were complete justified.

as an aside, we specific mentioned senators and not Congressmen. we usual have more than a few l00ns in the House, and there is typical one or two crackpots and dingbats in the senate. tommy tuberville (that is his actual name) is the current senate court jester, but he were only elected this last november.

HA! Good Fun!

ps @Malcador

the clip does not provide full context. gaetz were the t00lbag complaining 'bout wokeness in the military and milley asked for a chance to respond, but gaetz refused. a subsequent legislator offered a portion o' her time so milley would have a chance to respond... to gaetz. 

longer clip 

Spoiler

observe gaetz reaction at 6:54 to being chastised by milley. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I forgot just how hideous Gaetz was.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Biden gave his speech on crime control today. Needless to say it was all about “regulating” guns. Some of it was both practical and necessary. Cracking down on dealers who don’t follow background checks. Cracking down on traffickers. That definitely should be done. Especially since all of that is already against the law. But he also talked about banning assault weapons whatever the hell they are. I assume in his mind that means the scary looking ones. But who could say because everyone seems to have a different definition. He did throw a few snide remarks at the people who oppose gun control because he just can’t help himself. But nothing unexpected. The rest he talked about was crime prevention. He’s certainly putting the right people in charge of government for that. His candidate to head the ATF wants to arrest people before they commit crimes. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

19 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

John Macafee found dead

don’t know for sure but it seems like he hung himself in his prison cell in Spain after the Spanish court ruled he could be extradited to the United States. At least the libertarian election cycles will be spared his BS from now on. So there is that. Now if only we could do something about Spike Cohen

I was watching this development today. He created such an enduring and excellent software product, in his garage in 1987,  but lived such a bizarre life after he made his millions. To call him eccentric is an understatement

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/23/desantis-signs-bill-requiring-florida-students-professors-to-register-political-views-with-state/

I can't wait for the national version where we get on watchlists for not being bootlickers.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

22 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/23/desantis-signs-bill-requiring-florida-students-professors-to-register-political-views-with-state/

I can't wait for the national version where we get on watchlists for not being bootlickers.

The base eats this **** up, I guess.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

23 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Just to re-ignite gun control discussions.. ;)

13443223_1164485973644455_66928816716077

Agree. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Florida sounds more and more like North Korea

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Florida sounds more and more like North Korea

Gives a whole new meaning to Florida Man doesn't it?

14 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

WTF is this s—t?

this is where I remind everyone that Republicans = Democrats =Republicans = Democrats. There are no good guys. Just two tribes of would be tyrants battling for perpetual power.

238C36D3-2F7C-489A-9A39-82841AEAD566.jpeg

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

WTF is this s—t?

this is where I remind everyone that Republicans = Democrats =Republicans = Democrats. There are no good guys. Just two tribes of would be tyrants battling for perpetual power.

238C36D3-2F7C-489A-9A39-82841AEAD566.jpeg

Yeah they should be nutjob anarchists instead right.

Also, speaking of North Korea

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/inside-my-haunting-year-as-the-first-american-to-study-in-north-korea/

:lol: It takes a certain courage to travel to North Korea four times, millennials don't screw around with international political piss flinging BS.

I mean I wouldn't mind traveling to Beijing or Shanghai as an expat but North Korea...yeah I'm not that brave.

Edited by ComradeYellow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Yeah they should be nutjob anarchists instead right.

Also, speaking of North Korea

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/inside-my-haunting-year-as-the-first-american-to-study-in-north-korea/

:lol: It takes a certain courage to travel to North Korea four times, millennials don't screw around with international political piss flinging BS.

I mean I wouldn't mind traveling to Beijing or Shanghai as an expat but North Korea...yeah I'm not that brave.

As an expat? What are you planning? 😆

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

On 6/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, Guard Dog said:

As an expat? What are you planning? 😆

Nothing...yet.  However, if I don't like the outcome of the 2024 election I will probably move out of the country. 

I enjoy my freedoms and lack of censorship but the U.S. is kind of a mess culturally and lacks cohesion and a united vision for the future, so I wouldn't mind the tradeoff.

Also:

100-year anniversary: Why do people join the Chinese ...

Not really sure if there is much to say about this?... more like just eye rolling 🙄

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57624942

"Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.

One set of documents discusses the likely Russian reaction to the ship's passage through Ukrainian waters off the Crimea coast on Wednesday.

Another details plans for a possible UK military presence in Afghanistan after the US-led Nato operation there ends.

The government said an investigation had been launched."

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Not really sure if there is much to say about this?... more like just eye rolling 🙄

"Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.

One set of documents discusses the likely Russian reaction to the ship's passage through Ukrainian waters off the Crimea coast on Wednesday.

Another details plans for a possible UK military presence in Afghanistan after the US-led Nato operation there ends.

Guess the Russians slapped back.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

I hope they can somehow track who is responsible for this, that person needs to be fired and prosecuted. How can someone be so careless with documents that are marked  sensitive and "Secret UK Eyes Only " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/25/politics/ufo-report-pentagon-odni/index.html

So the USA has released its report on UFO sightings over the last few decades, I am not sure what everyone thinks? I am not convinced  aliens exist as I have no personal, conclusive evidence  they real but these types of developments interest me 

Is it time to get our tinfoil hats out ?

👽

John Milton 

11 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/25/politics/ufo-report-pentagon-odni/index.html

So the USA has released its report on UFO sightings over the last few decades, I am not sure what everyone thinks? I am not convinced  aliens exist as I have no personal, conclusive evidence  they real but these types of developments interest me 

Is it time to get our tinfoil hats out ?

👽

For now I'm just going to suspect it's some type of unexplained physical phenomenon. We didn't even know about sprites until 1994 or dark energy until 1999. We don't know anything about dark matter other than what it isn't, and we haven't fully explained baryon asymmetry yet. There are things we just don't know.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

10 minutes ago, rjshae said:

For now I'm just going to suspect it's some type of unexplained physical phenomenon. We didn't even know about sprites until 1994 or dark energy until 1999. We don't know anything about dark matter other than what it isn't, and we haven't fully explained abiogenesis yet. There are things we just don't know.

I tend to agree,  I am much more likely to believe these UFO sightings are just unexplained, natural phenomenon

I looked at your links briefly because science is not really my interest and strong point. Very interesting, especially abiogenesis....it opens up so many discussions around the origins of life :thumbsup: 

I thought you were going to say all these sightings are proof of dimensional gates to other worlds  🐲

John Milton 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/24/democrats-need-show-they-can-be-trusted-with-power/

Guys here is a very worrying read, but not unexpected, about how effective Democrats have been at running states in the USA and the impact with not dealing with crime, and protracted protests IMO,   and things like vilifying the entire police force  and therefore making certain  Democrat controlled states more lawless which has a direct result of less economic growth, businesses leaving  and people wanting to live their 

Its basically warns of a real chance of more Republican victories in the midterms. After several real issues with the entire Trump presidency I hope the Democrats dont squander their political capital and we see the rise of another Trump type presidency...none of us want that despite my support for some of the GOP policies 

And  the journalist  is someone who votes Democrat and is very well informed and objective. So lets not just ignore this as " right wing propaganda " or " garbage culture war " hyperbole 

John Milton 

7 hours ago, Sarex said:

Guess the Russians slapped back.

They also sent MiG 31s specifically armed with hypersonic anti ship missiles and Tu 22s to Syria as an announced 'training' deployment- coincidentally, within a day of the Defender's transit, and while the RN's new aircraft carrier is in the eastern Med.

(The Tupolev's are definitely there to test the new runway extension at Hmeimem airbase, previously it was too short for them)