Playing around with a FF atm and decided I want Coral Snuff instead of Whiteleaf.

I expected one drug to remove another but I kept whiteleaf bonus...

This might be related to saving and loading because I'm pretttty sure I tested this before and it didn't happen.

So unless I'm mistaken and they always stacked you need to use one drug, save, load then use the next one.

edit: yeah just tested it with another drug they usually disappear, but once you save and load they won't, let the SOF hatecomments flow. 😛

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Playing around with a FF atm and decided I want Coral Snuff instead of Whiteleaf.

I expected one drug to remove another but I kept whiteleaf bonus...

This might be related to saving and loading because I'm pretttty sure I tested this before and it didn't happen.

So unless I'm mistaken and they always stacked you need to use one drug, save, load then use the next one.

edit: yeah just tested it with another drug they usually disappear, but once you save and load they won't, let the SOF hatecomments flow. 😛

Since you want a hate comment:

how dare you use drugs on FFs? That’s the wrong thing, FFs are about self cursing!

Drugs are for the other Order - delete your character! You are banished from the FFs!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

yeah just tested it with another drug they usually disappear, but once you save and load they won't, let the SOF hatecomments flow. 😛

Unless you can make them permanent I won't rise from the couch. ;) 

• Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

I was also thinking about another trick - the opposite of SoF - the Outworn Buckler can reduce hostile effects and if you switch weapons in combat you should be able to shorten some annoying ones, at least if you don't have high RES.

PS. The food stacking still works or it was fixed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

I was also thinking about another trick - the opposite of SoF - the Outworn Buckler can reduce hostile effects and if you switch weapons in combat you should be able to shorten some annoying ones, at least if you don't have high RES.

I haven't tried food stacking in a long time since you have to pause for it, but it was never in patch notes, yet I somehow remember people saying it got fixed.

The outworn buckler trick sounds amazing for ff, if you set up an AI switch should even work with max res, since AI switches super rapid.

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

Food stacking works in my version of the game, but I understand, based on a comment by Jayd in a recent post, that it doesn't work for everyone.

Thanks for reporting on this, Raven Darkholme. I was wondering about this and was thinking of raising the question, but you answered it before I had the chance to do so.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boareder said:

Hmm, in practice, I wasn't able to get all 7 drugs to stack. I couldn't get Taru Taru, Whiteleaf and Mouth Char in. Maybe they are "paired" somehow. Mouth Char seems to overwite Svef for me

If a certain drug not works you can just take another one and then try again.

I had problems with deadeye, so I just reloaded and took another drug, then when I took deadeye again it worked.

If you're at your last drug and it still doesn't work you can prolly do smth like SoF extend save and reload and it should work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

some more:
antidote: immunity from poison attacks

You can prolong a drug effect (not sure, but in my tests a different drug effect will overwrite the previous one so no more than one drug effect at once)
[EDIT] good news! some drugs overlap/cannot be prolonged, many work though, tested working combinations that stack (after save/reload) so far:
coral snuff (+15% action speed, +5 deflection, +5 reflex),
ripple sponge (+3 per, +3 res, +3 int)
svef (+3 perception, -25% hostile eff. duration, resistance to int, per, res afflictions),
taru turu chew (+3 const, +3 might, +3 dex)

I think the problem is with those indirectly increasing the same stuff, e.g. deadeye (+5 accuracy +15 interrupt) conflicts with riple sponge (+3 per, +3 res, +3 int ---> + 3 accuracy) 

31 minutes ago, abot said:

some more:
antidote: immunity from poison attacks

You can prolong a drug effect (not sure, but in my tests a different drug effect will overwrite the previous one so no more than one drug effect at once)
[EDIT] good news! some drugs overlap/cannot be prolonged, many work though, tested working combinations that stack (after save/reload) so far:
coral snuff (+15% action speed, +5 deflection, +5 reflex),
ripple sponge (+3 per, +3 res, +3 int)
svef (+3 perception, -25% hostile eff. duration, resistance to int, per, res afflictions),
taru turu chew (+3 const, +3 might, +3 dex)

I think the problem is with those indirectly increasing the same stuff, e.g. deadeye (+5 accuracy +15 interrupt) conflicts with riple sponge (+3 per, +3 res, +3 int ---> + 3 accuracy) 

You can have all drugs, I already posted a vid where I have all of them on me (the grimoire cheese one).

Just have more than one of each drug and when it occurs that you can't stack a specific drug do not reload, take a different drug, then save and reload.

It never took me more than 2 of each drug to stack all of them but I think with 3 of each you're probably safe.

ok I managed to make deadeye work, probably a simple way is to try it last so e.g. a detailed working sequence:
coral snuff, (prolong a  little bit), save, reload
ripple sponge, (prolong a  little bit), save, reload
svef, (prolong a  little bit), save, reload
taru turu chew, (prolong a  little bit), save, reload
deadeye, (prolong a  little bit), save, reload

[EDIT] trying to add mouth char too after deadeye did not work though,
while adding mouth char first and deadeye after did

so TL;DR
add deadye LAST and it should work with the rest, but if you add something alse after deadye it may not work, at least for me

Edited by abot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1