8 hours ago, thelee said:

in case it hasn't come up in everyone's cheese finding, if you steal a spell of a class you are a part of (not just wizard, as mentioned upthread), after some save/load or some other kind of cycle, it gets removed from your action bar and enters your normal ability selection.

i thought i had magically resolved my permanent spells thing without needing unity console or cheats, but it just turned out all the druid spells i had stolen migrated into my ability bar. maybe that means i can respec them out?

Hm I doubt you can respec it out, but you can try ofc.

RemoveAbility does not seem to work, but I only tried it for non wizard spells on my wizard.

I guess they are not added to the player object's action bar with the usual denominator. You also can't remove Fireballs from Necklace with the usual command "RemoveAbility <char_name> Fireball" for example. 🤷‍♂️

I would be surprised though if retraining wouldn't remove the spells as soon as they wandered into your "normal" repertoire (out of the action bar).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, most likely. 😄

Now pretty please make a video where you shoot it to death with unlimited Thrust of Tattered Veils casts. :)  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, most likely. 😄

Now pretty please make a video where you shoot it to death with unlimited Thrust of Tattered Veils casts. :)  

Is there a way to make the AI switch targets? then it might even be bossiple haha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Ehe good one. 😄

No idea with the AI though. I don't use it that often...  

I think manually targeting with a 10 dmg spell might be a bit much for my hands on high hp enemy. 😄

Yeah, but if AI shoots at some enemy all the time (with 0.5 casting time base and 0 recovery bc. Blade Cascade) you can manually fire a shot at some other enemy in between, right? Just in order to interrupt the merge for example. Then let the mini gun continue. Since it will be 100% interrupt in almost no action time it should be viable. 

10 dmg is without PL scaling. ;)  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Hm, a condition is distance to target. So you could just take a step to the left, then a step to the right to switch targets. It's the VEIL DANCE! 

84c7fce2d2a89dd3bff9371c61106a17.gif

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 3

I was just wondering, how do you steal spells that are party only buffs (like the Moon's Light or Salvation of Time)? Do you have to confuse the enemy caster, so that you are affected with the buff too when he casts it, so that Grimoire Imprint can steal it? In other words, I don't understand exactly how the Grimoire Imprint spells work. How exactly do you steal a spell from a hireling?

Edited by dgray62
Additional Information

5 hours ago, dgray62 said:

In other words, I don't understand exactly how the Grimoire Imprint spells work. How exactly do you steal a spell from a hireling?

You start a fight with a grimoire that has GI or Greater GI in it. You shouldn't have learned it and should be able to switch to a grimoire that doesn't have it. You start a fight and cast it on any enemy caster and you will steal a random spell, then switch to the other grimoire to make it permanent if you like what you stole.

On a hired toon, you just get confused (I use Sap from a hireling Assassin) then cast imprint on your hirelings using the same method as described above.

It can be a bit time consuming to get exactly what you want but it's super easy. And it also works apparently to steal unique spells from specific grimoires.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I was just wondering, how do you steal spells that are party only buffs (like the Moon's Light or Salvation of Time)? Do you have to confuse the enemy caster, so that you are affected with the buff too when he casts it, so that Grimoire Imprint can steal it? In other words, I don't understand exactly how the Grimoire Imprint spells work. How exactly do you steal a spell from a hireling?

In general (without cheese) you just cast Minor or Major Grimoire Imprint on any Priest, Wizard or Druid - and if it doesn't miss it will give you a random spell from that caster. That's it - nothing else required. 

As @Not So Clever Hound said: in order to steal a spell from a hireling you have to be confused (you as the one casting Minor/Major Grimoire Imprint). Because usually the Imprint spells are foe only spells and you can't cast them on party members. But when you are confused you can. This lets you control exactly which spells will get stolen (no randomness anymore) because you can just create a hireling with only the spell(s) you want to steal. 

The cheese then works like @Not So Clever Hound described.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Besides Sap there is also a solo way of confusing yourself while not being a berserker: Rakhan Field Boots + Street Sweeper with Confuse upgrade.

You can also apply a long confuse to yourself using Fugue Spores poison, however you need items with health regen to sustain the dot damage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

You can also apply a long confuse to yourself using Fugue Spores poison, however you need items with health regen to sustain the dot damage.

Shame there is no SOF counterpart for prolonging negative effects. 😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Shame there is no SOF counterpart for prolonging negative effects. 😄

Well if you're masochistic you can hire a FF to enfeeble you before getting confused. But that is a bit unsettling :) and still won't get you permaconfused.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

Help me real quick here. When talking about Grimoire Imprint: what's the point of confusing yourself in a solo run?

Hm... I suppose you can still create high-level hirelings with certain spells which will the directly go to the ship where you could then steal their spells...? 🤔

Or wait... can you cast Imprint on yourself while confused (don't think so but you never know)? 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Boeroer

22 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Help me real quick here. When talking about Grimoire Imprint: what's the point of confusing yourself in a solo run?

Hm... I suppose you can still create high-level hirelings with certain spells which will the directly go to the ship where you could then steal their spells...? 🤔

Or wait... can you cast Imprint on yourself while confused (don't think so but you never know)? 🤔🤔🤔

You can cast it on yourself but it has no effect.

I just mentioned it for the sake of listing all sources of confusion, tbf you can also use this for stealing from a non hostile npc, but the will turn hostile so it's kinda pointless.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Well if you're masochistic you can hire a FF to enfeeble you before getting confused. But that is a bit unsettling :) and still won't get you permaconfused.

the moment enfeebled runs out you can apply it again, its a new +50%, so - if you could get enfeebled to just a few secs duration you can stack duration fast +50% every use...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reent said:

the moment enfeebled runs out you can apply it again, its a new +50%, so - if you could get enfeebled to just a few secs duration you can stack duration fast +50% every use...

Too bad one of the injuries doesn't cause confusion. That would be a natural result of a concussion, I think.

• Like 1

So, I've managed to glitch out my game playing around with this. Short version, stealing spells from your own party outside of battle permanently gives the victim a hostile effect named after whichever grimoire imprint you used. 

After you complete a battle with the victim in your party, the game crashes while trying to remove the effect. I've tried manually removing it via console commands and that forces a crash. Kicking the victim from the party and adding them back (via console) also doesnt help. 

Anybody got any ideas? Is there a way to make a new version of the character? Or perhaps revive her after Perma killing her? In this case it's fassina (who for some reason In the games code is named fEssina) 

• Gasp! 3